WoC v1.00 Bug Thread - NOT Specific Modules

Well I found out that the game I reported the error about was not version 1.20. I did not know that it has a separate selection button on the Mod menu.

Having a couple of problems now under the (right) 1.20.

1. Graphics of tile yields shows white boxes both outside and inside the city. Which I toggle to hide the yields the boxes disappear outside the city but still only shows the white boxes on the city screen.

2. Periodically, I am not able to use the mouse to go to a tile and have to use the keyboard numbers.

I have not completely checked these errors out but thought I should mention them in case someone else is experiencing the same issues.

Well I found out that the game I reported the error about was not version 1.20. I did not know that it has a separate selection button on the Mod menu.

Having a couple of problems now under the (right) 1.20.

1. Graphics of tile yields shows white boxes both outside and inside the city. Which I toggle to hide the yields the boxes disappear outside the city but still only shows the white boxes on the city screen.

2. Periodically, I am not able to use the mouse to go to a tile and have to use the keyboard numbers.

I have not completely checked these errors out but thought I should mention them in case someone else is experiencing the same issues.

Hi Buck do you have a ATI video cad by chance? if so you need to install this patch http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=11386, if you cannot move to the right then turn off the scrolling civs with the toggle above the mini map. Basically its too large.

I do have an ATI but the patch didn't correct the problem, however, your suggestion to delete the symbols folder did correct the white box no yield issue. I still have the problem of not being able to Go to mode with the mouse but I can move one square at a time with the keyboard. I couldn't figure out which toggle was the scrolling civs buttion you mentioned above.

WOC team
congrats on getting out v1.2 :goodjob:
some observations
I would to add to the number on people commenting on the immigration mod. Maybe I dont understand how it is supposed to work , but the way it currently works makes the game borderline unplayable, but the good news is that i can go to the master MLF
file and turn it off ,and have .Gee just like the concept is supposed to work :D.
I also turned off the restricted resorce mod which you(Rog) had said did not work yet ,but it gave me several XML errors so i had to turn it back on .
several people have said it takes a long time to load they are correct
I estimate it takes about 10 MIN to load :mad:,there must be a way to speed this up
several ?
choose religion bug fixed ?
whose the classical music fan ?
now for the strangest oddity i have seen in a mod :eek:
in the screen shot on the left ,it is the beggining of a "regular" game
you will see I am about to found my first city turn 0 4000BC
the screenee on the right the beggining of a WOC game
about to found my first city turn 1 4000 BC
where did the missing turn go :confused:
yes i have adj epic speed some but as near as I can tell the game speed XML is not custom and is being read from the orginal bts files
could some of your mystery crashes be coming from this discrepency ????

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    95.9 KB · Views: 232
  • Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 223
So... for the good of the community, :) I was testing out this game for hours and hours, stopping only when my eyes were burning and my right arm causing severe pain.. I came upon this error:

Screenshot below I hope.

Assert Failed

File: c:\users\rogers vista\desktop\woc\workshop\revised_sdk\sdk\woc.1669\CvPlayerAI.h
Line: 25
Expression: ePlayer != NO_PLAYER

So what does it mean.... I dont know. After taking the picture, I clicked on ignore once, and it went back to the game. I got a first time message (first time for me ) that the dutch wanted to negotiate for the release of their spy. I said sure, and the error appeared again.

5 turns later, the error has not re-appeared.

-- Other things I have noticed, dont know if any of this will help you out or not, but here they are.

--Constantly get a message at the top of the screen that reads:
Spy captured event received by EventManager: onSpyUnitCaptured

--Also
A dutch spy was uncovered by the Dutch Kingdom. Both sides have not provided further details.

--Has the Golden Age length changed ? The game I am playing on right now is Epic Speed. I built the mausolem, which in epic puts you up to 24 turns golden age. Normal speed, puts you up to 15. I'm in epic, and it came up as 15 turns. I was surprised.

--Strangest error of all. Took me a little while to deduce why it was taking so many clicks to get people to move. When I first started playing the current game I'm in, yesterday, I was having difficulty right clicking to an area to get units to move. The circled number, 1, or 2, or whatever telling how many turns to get there, just wouldn't appear. After a while I figured out what it was. There is an area of the screen, that you can click in. Its almost as if there is an invisible square drawn around the center of the screen. Clicking outside of this box, doesnt work. I would estimate the box to be 60-70% of the screen size. Whats this mean? Make sure things are centered when you click on them.

--Also: The espionage points. I see some great spy ability additions, but on the espionage screen, I have enough points on several players in order to see what they are researching, but it doesn't appear for any of them. Cant wait to steal an engineer from them :)

Great stuff so far. Still working on my first game of 1.2.
Oh... one more thing. What are these new symbols on the land plots? Hammers, Bread, Coins.... and now? There's this little blue ball... I dont know what it is. Looks like a magic 8 ball, only the wrong color. Or the matrix to defeat unicron.

Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• WOC Error - Player Not Found 01.JPG
    WOC Error - Player Not Found 01.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 326
I figured out what the very strange error was about clicking to move units. Its not that there is a small box within the middle of the screen. I was beginning to wonder if it had something to do with the widescreen monitor I have. What the actual deal with this is... the scroll bar for the civilizations that you've met (which is a decent feature, especially when you have contact with 25 civs), you cannot click above or behind it. Where the civ names start, going on over to the scroll bar, you cannot click to move units. It was a very strange and puzzeling mystery for me.

On one of the other things I posted that I noticed:

The spy event thing, here is a screenshot.
Its just giving everything away. Haven't even met these 3 civs yet.

Hope everyone is having a nice holiday. Me, I got what I had really wanted yesterday. Time to play this game. Peace.

Attachments

• WOC Error - SpyEvent Error 01.JPG
    WOC Error - SpyEvent Error 01.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 282
You can toggle off the scrolling screenboard to move units to the right. Yhe spy event has been haunting us for a while, its been tough to find. Enjoy and have a good holiday.

As I reported before the deletion of subject folder did correct the issue of the tile yields (in and out of the city screens). What does this folder control in the game? Does the entire folder need to be deleted or is the problem isolated to just one or two files?

You can toggle off the scrolling screenboard to move units to the right. Yhe spy event has been haunting us for a while, its been tough to find. Enjoy and have a good holiday.

I play without the "Espionage" active in the game and I still get peppered every turn with several spy reports and activity.

These are the "Assert Fails" that I have experience and have ignored.

• CvPlayersAI.cpp Expression AIgetNumAI Units (eIndex) >0
  • AI_getNumTrain AI Units (eIndex) >0
  • CV dll Buitton Popup. ccp

In addition I had one appear that I didn't write down having to do with Nazi Player unable to find a home. I should have written it down.

You folks are probably tire of me posting these things and excuse me iif they have been raised before.

When I offer some resource for resource trades I will be refused. Also, if I asked some leaders what they will trade for a resource of mine (and they have a resource) I get a response that it is impossible. If I then asked what they want for the resource they have I get a trade offer of the resource but they ask for nothing and ask if I will accept the trade and when I do, they will then give it to me for nothing.:confused:

I have the same issue as coalman. I have installed WOC 1.20 on my new computer and it crashes while loading the xml files with an error message that "Sid Meier's Civilzation 4: Beyond the Sword has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will clise the program and notify you if a solution is available." My game is patched and running on Vista with a Nvidia 9800M GTS video card. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The game is not running in the background.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but:

1) Please see attachment for the "floating coin" screen shot
2) In the cities overview menu, when I selected "military overview" from the drop down menu, I got a "debug" screen error and subsequent crash

Thanks

Attachments

• BTS WOC.jpg
    BTS WOC.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 249
Ok It's been fun but I am a a impass with my adventure with 1.20, at game turn 685. But no matter what I try I can no longer go further with pressing the "ignore always" for an Asset Failer message.

Love the Mod and I hope it continues with the work out the bugs.

Buck

I have the same issue as coalman. I have installed WOC 1.20 on my new computer and it crashes while loading the xml files with an error message that "Sid Meier's Civilzation 4: Beyond the Sword has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will clise the program and notify you if a solution is available." My game is patched and running on Vista with a Nvidia 9800M GTS video card. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The game is not running in the background.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the same issue. Anyone have anyway to fix this?

Top Bottom