Wonders of the Ancient World as next DLC?

But then it would be in from the beginning, not added through a patch ;)

Personally I also think it will be for a Scenario DLC.
Like somebody already said: The German guy was right.
(Just like he predicted the other DLC)

I wonder what the scenario will be like. And if it has 'custom' civs, like the Hittites, Assyria, etc.
As a person that like the scenario's I'm pleased to see these wonders pop up in the XML :)

With the recent strong buff added to many wonders, I'm interested to see what these new ones will do. Statue of Zeus has, in the past, generated free units or increased enemy war weariness. Temple of Artemis gave out a free temple in every city...that would be great.

If you haven't seen the other topic:

A change in the Debug file CONFIRMED some of the new achievements:

[9266.942] DBG: 161 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SPECIAL_ROME_GETS_ZEUS (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_18) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 162 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SPECIAL_ZEUS_AND_ARTEMIS (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_19) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 163 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_HITTITES (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_22) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 164 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_GREECE (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_23) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 165 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_SUMER (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_24) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 166 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_EGYPT (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_25) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 167 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_PERSIA (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_26) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 168 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_PRINCE (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_27) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 169 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_KING (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_28) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 170 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_EMPEROR (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_29) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 171 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_IMMORTAL (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_30) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 172 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_DEITY (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_138_31) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 173 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WONDER_CITY (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_139_0) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 174 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WONDER_CONQUEST (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_139_1) = Locked
[9266.942] DBG: 175 (L): ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_ORACLE_CONSULT (NEW_ACHIEVEMENT_NAME_139_2) = Locked

The balance is rarely a given? How many computer games have you bought 3? I have been buying turn based games for 20 years and I would say the majority of them were never balanced.

Not to mention the fact that balance IS content. They are the same thing. It is all just code and I would rather the coding work go into improving the game then to adding clutter. I would rather have meaningful choices between A B and C then meaningless choices between A-Z. That is why the original star-craft was such a hit. Instead of 8 samey factions like every other RTS you got three very distinct ones. Or sword of the stars. Don't just add more content to add content.

Chess isn't necessarily a better game if you expand the board and add two new unit types. Granted it COULD be a better game, but so many people on these and other computer game forums seem to take it as axiomatic that it MUST be a better game. They just want more and more widgets with no concern about how it all hangs together until after they are frustrated and bored with it 10 days later. A lot of them never even make the connection.

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

++ Well said.

Still Babylon was part of that era. Not sure why they wouldn't include them. Who built the hanging gardens in the first place?

Seems logical to me not to use civs from previous, optional DLCs in wholly seperate DLCs.

.. but still seems illogical to me to NOT finally update the Babylob DLC with this new, related-able scenario.

While I agree, that's something that gets filed under a "nice to do." If they can sell the scenario otherwise, they might not bother.

Then again, why not have two versions? One with Babylon, one without.

Realistically, neither Sumeria nor the Hittites should be in a 7 Wonders of the World scenario.

I'm against all DLC. Especially ones that you can download for free from cfc's good and honest modding community that isn't out to steal all of your money.

Zeus and Artemis?

I think you are thinking of Civ IV, which with the expansion packs eventually had all the 7 Wonders of the World.

Civ V so far only has the Pyramids, Hanging Gardens, Lighthouse and Colossus.

The other three look like they're going to be added in this DLC.

Maybe it will be like the polynesia dlc, with just the Hittites and babylon as sumeria in the scenario.

You would think Firaxis would have announced something by now. Every day I am more convinced that this is a dud. Lets not get our hopes up for what may turn out to be nothing. The only thing we have going for this new dlc is the 30 new achievements on steam.

You would think Firaxis would have announced something by now. Every day I am more convinced that this is a dud. Lets not get our hopes up for what may turn out to be nothing. The only thing we have going for this new dlc is the 30 new achievements on steam.

False.

We also have those speech files. (first page)

Also, who would pay a Voice Actor to record something, sneakly include it in a patch and then just forget about it?

False.

We also have those speech files. (first page)

Also, who would pay a Voice Actor to record something, sneakly include it in a patch and then just forget about it?

Good point. But remember that they already hired the games narrator. Maybe he is on some sort of contract that he comes in whenever they need him.
Good point though.

Top Bottom