Resource icon

Workaround when returning to main menu with R&F and some mods 2018-02-10

Gedemon

Modder
Super Moderator
Gedemon submitted a new resource:

Workaround when returning to main menu with R&F and some mods - Workaround for the game not loading and returning to main menu with R&F and some mods

• This is a quick fix for the following issue:
When some mods are enabled, and when using the R&F ruleset (vanilla game is not affected), some (ie "random") DLC try to load their R&F compatibility file (like CivilizationName_Expansion1.xml) before the base data for the DLC is loaded, resulting in a DB lock because of missing references and sending the user back to main menu

• IMPORTANT : check your Modding.log before using it:

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Thank you very much for this solution! Only one remark if I may.
I would emphasize that this problem comes purely from Firaxis official content and not from mods!
In my experience it is completely random on which mod the game would fail to start. This is Firaxis failure not modders!

Just want to say the mod worked for me. I had some troubles getting around this bug (spend 2 hours on it today getting rid of it)

Just installing them in the right folder and copying instead of 7zip made the mod work for me. I can play my favorite steam mods now again.

Last edited:
I downloaded the files and it fixed the problem, I'm able to load the maps with Rise and Fall and play a game but a few new problems have arisen. When I play Victoria the game starts as if I am continuing a game and not as a new game and my settler automatically moves. I'm also unable to play as Khmer and Indonesia, like I can't choose them from the leaders list, they're not there. Also, all the icons for the leaders are gone when choosing my leaders, they just have a question mark.

I`ve notice as well that on the advanced settings the leader pics are gone. I think that is the same for all of us. The automatic move for settlers seems weird.

Very nice work! Fixed my issues with the mods.. I was worried something was up with my game, great job!

i had the return to main menu issue,
After doing this fix i got pretty excited 5 turns in,
Crash to desktop is an issue now can you please help?
What could cause this issue?

Attached LUA,MODDING,DATABASE files

seems like this is an issue while trying to save the game it crashes to desktop or if it autosaves

Attachments

• CIV6 LOGS.rar
    18.7 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
I would do a clean install of everything.. I was having those issues and did a fresh install, applied fix, downloaded mods and played.. no issues

i had the return to main menu issue,
After doing this fix i got pretty excited 5 turns in,
Crash to desktop is an issue now can you please help?
What could cause this issue?

Attached LUA,MODDING,DATABASE files

seems like this is an issue while trying to save the game it crashes to desktop or if it autosaves
Looking at your logs I see two issues. The modding log is definitely showing a load order issue caused by the DLC. The best fix is what @Themule08 just recommended.

The database log is showing a different error. I was getting this error with my mods and it was caused by some specific code that wasn't typed properly. What is interesting is that your log doesn't point to any mod files. My guess is that the error is located in one of the DLC.

Gedemon,

Thank you very, very much for creating this fix. I was having a serious problem where after playing for between 100-200 turns and exiting the game for the night, it would not let me resume the game or load any saved game files the next day, and would instead simply return me to the start menu.

With your fix, I am now able to successfully resume my games, which makes me exceedingly happy!

Compelety broke my game. Every mod has now dependency on the two dlcs that had the error in my Modding.log, yet the DLCs are DISABLED by the fix. Each of them has dependency on eachother so you cant even turn them on. Even after verifying game cache. Don't know what to do.

this doesn't change dependancies, try to delete Mods.sqlite in "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI"

this doesn't change dependancies, try to delete Mods.sqlite in "..\Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI"

Yup, that worked. Thanks. I'm curious what the hell happend. Also I guess I won't be able to fix anything.

Edit: For people with same problem, apply the fix and then delete the file mentioned above. Remember to go to your mods then and re-enable which you wanna use.

Last edited:
CFC version of YnaMP is not updated yet, use the version on steam or gitHub.

"The workaround is simply a few edited .modinfo replacing the game's files, to manually set a load order of "2" for the files updating the DLCs for Rise and Fall. (A load order of "1" works too and is used in some other versions of this fix)."

Sorry, but how to set the load order and where can I find it?

Is this still necessary after the March 8 update? Is it still compatible?
I've heard (anecdotally) that this has been fixed and shouldn't be needed anymore, but I haven't tested myself yet.

*Update* Started several games without the DLC LoadOrder fix and no errors showed up in the logs and I wasn't thrown back to the main menu. So I would say it appears fixed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom