Resource icon

Workaround when returning to main menu with R&F and some mods 2018-02-10

I've heard (anecdotally) that this has been fixed and shouldn't be needed anymore, but I haven't tested myself yet.

*Update* Started several games without the DLC LoadOrder fix and no errors showed up in the logs and I wasn't thrown back to the main menu. So I would say it appears fixed.

According to the chat on Discord this isn't fixed. Remember you can "get lucky" if the timestamps on the files are in a particular order. See here for more.

Edit: Also I don't think March patch actually overwrites the .modinfo files for the DLCs so if you've previously installed the fix it will remain installed unless you do a verify to revert all your files.

Last edited:
According to the chat on Discord this isn't fixed.
I wouldn't know, but I haven't had any issues so far.
Edit: Also I don't think March patch actually overwrites the .modinfo files for the DLCs so if you've previously installed the fix it will remain installed unless you do a verify to revert all your files.
Except for R&F, it doesn't. But, it's always a good idea to verify your files, delete the cache/mods.sqlite, and unsubscribe from all mods after every patch.

Bump. I think I have this same error, I can't find a fix :/
no need for a fix for that one, it's a problem with the base game.

if you have an issue with the game, it's not related to the "Warning: LocalizedText - Error Loading XML" (unless your issue is that you have strange text in game, but then it has nothing to do with this thread)

no need for a fix for that one, it's a problem with the base game.

if you have an issue with the game, it's not related to the "Warning: LocalizedText - Error Loading XML" (unless your issue is that you have strange text in game, but then it has nothing to do with this thread)

I don't have issues with any strange text (at least not yet), the problem is that it returns me to the main menu when I activate version 1.2. Apart from that error, I get a few more ones. Here are my modding logs:

[1736735.378] Warning: LocalizedText - Error Loading XML.
[1736735.727] Warning: LocalizedText - Error Loading XML.
[1736735.818] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading XML.
[1736735.847] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading XML.
[1736735.942] Warning: LocalizedText - Error Loading XML.
[1736735.962] Warning: LocalizedText - Error Loading XML.
[1736736.037] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading SQL.
[1736736.041] ERROR: Failed to release save point.
[1736736.065] Warning: Error when calling IComponentHandler::ApplyComponent.
[1736737.817] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading SQL.
[1736737.818] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading XML.
[1736738.228] ERROR: Failed to apply enabled components.

Is there any ways to install this fix in a Mac, cause the DLC folder doesn't have the files

Is there any ways to install this fix in a Mac, cause the DLC folder doesn't have the files

I guess you need to find where the DLC .modinfo files are installed.

[1736736.037] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading SQL.
[1736736.041] ERROR: Failed to release save point.
[1736736.065] Warning: Error when calling IComponentHandler::ApplyComponent.
[1736737.817] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading SQL.
[1736737.818] Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading XML.
[1736738.228] ERROR: Failed to apply enabled components.
Look in the other log at the same timestamp (the value betwern [ ] ) it should tell you what's causing the error.

I had an opportunity today to install a fresh R&F on a different computer. I decided to test if the bug is still there. I started a few games, each with 20+ mods, and 4 DLCs. I also changed mods in-between. Not a single problem. Am I so lucky?
I remember that when R&F was initially released I was able to start a game with 3-5 mods, the problem started for me when I activated more mods, like 7+.

Having a similar issue, DEFINITELY mod related...

I have Civ6R&F, all was fine until I installed and YnAMP.

When YnAMP is present in the mods folder, the game menu will not load (I get the intro movie followed by the menu background but no menu). And I have to use task manager to quit the game.

Remove the mod folder and all is well again.

YnAMP is the only mod I have tried to install (mods folder is otherwise empty). I have tried changing the load order (it's default is 100002).

Help!

Update the game and the mod to latest version

Top Bottom