Worst presentation of a historic leader in Civ3?

Most misrepresented Leader?

• Alexander the Great

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Gaius Iulius Caesar

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Xerxes

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cleopatra

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Hiawatha

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Jeanne d'Arc

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Shaka

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • other

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mapache

Coronel
If I recall correctly Alexander the Great was a young and wild warrior who succeeded on the battlefiled until he died being only 33 years old. In Civ3 he looks like a civil agent who bothers only about science and culture. And he looks older than 33.

Ceasar gives more the impression of a salesman than an imperator.

So who is the most misrepresented Leader?

Cleopatra. Besides the fact that Ramses II should have been the ruler of Egypt, Firaxis showed how pandering and Politically Correct they are by picking so many females leaders, and by making Cleopatra look black when she was not.

Tough call, actually. Alexander should have been younger, yeah Caesar looks like a salesman, Joan is probably a bit old for her actual age (and a bit to well endowed, but I'm not complaining), and the Cleo is black and not Ptolmaic Greek thing is somewhat typical. But I voted Hiawatha, because he reminded me of a Disney cartoon, and that's going too far.

R.III

I think Ramses or Nefertiti would have made much better leaders for the Egyptians, I think they picked Cleo because she's the most popular of Egypt's leaders.

I agree with Mapache. Alexander was drunk on his own success as well as wine. He believed himself to be descended from both Achilles and Hercules and acted that way to almost everyone, beheading his war leaders because they advised caution.

Can you tell I was just reading about his exploits today?

Alexander looks about 30 to me. I don't see the prob there. The civ abilities supposedly represent the attitude of the actual country/culture, though, not the leader who represents them in the game. (Although there may be a crossover in some places, for example Bismark and The Germans.) Hence The Greeks are scientific and commercial, not militaristic.

Caesar looks pretty handsome. (which he must have been in real life, by all accounts.)

The Cleo thing is pretty bad, obviously historical reality has been sacrificed there.

I agree Hia looks like he's come from a disney picture.

To me it looks like Alexander has something stuck up his rear, because he always looks so uptight.

Yes, Hiawatha looks like he came from a Walt Disney movie, especially when he's happy.

On the box that the game came in Cleo is as dark-skinned as Shaka. But in the actual game she is more light-skinned.

Alexander does look awful! Nothing like the inspirational man of action he was suppossed to be. Hmmph, he doesn't even look as though he'd ever touch alchohol.

CLeo, well she's tanned but shes clearly Caucasian not black. I know a Greek girl and she's as dark skinned as Cleo is in this. So would most of us if we lived in Egypt.

Caesar is addressed as Emperor: but he was never an Emperor. I changed his address to Dictator in my game.

Originally posted by elfstorm
I changed his address to Dictator in my game.
Imperator was his title. He never really ruled the empire, though. Nevertheless all subsequent leaders of the Roman Empire named themselves after him.

Imperator? Um your thinking of Augustus Caesar, Julius's nepthew.

Julius himself was Consol and Dictator, but never Imperator.

he was assassinated because the senate (or certain members thereof) feared he was growing too powerful and was going to make himself a King.

The Irony is that this set in motion events which would see Augustus create a monarchy in all but name.

Xerxes (massive failures) should not have been made the Persian leader when they could have picked Cyrus the Great (in my opinion one of the greatest rulers in history) or Darius II. Cyrus was rightly chosen for ctp2. It's either the ignorance of the firaxis researchers or their pandering desire to pick famous names instead of great ones, like with Cleopatra and Joan of Arc, that made them pick Xerxes.

In saying that, I don't think Xerxes is badly represented as himself.

I agree they've totally gone for fame over achievement.

Cyrus would have been a far better choice for Persian leader.

as for japan, i would say that tanaka shoudl be the leader.

tokugawa was a graet leader, but japan wa snot a world power in his era. japan was at its in modern times. there aren't any modern leaders but japan is arguably the second strongest country in the world post world war 2. most might claim the soviets, but japan had more growth, and were peaking in the 80s. the man who held power for most of this time was tanaka. granted, he doesnt have as cool a title as shogun but imo he is japan's greatest leader.

Originally posted by RobertBaratheon
Tokugawa was a graet leader, but japan wa snot a world power in his era. japan was at its in modern times.
In my poll the choice isn't questioned, only the presentation of the person. I think that Tokugawa's lines are too offensive for a Japanese Shogun. And was he really so aggressive?

Catherine,
What is she doing as leader of Russia, she barelly did anything for Russia to improve and besides that she is actually GERMAN. Istead of her Firaxis should have had put as leader of Russia Stalin, he would have had been scary or Peter , Lenin, Ivan, or Zhukov he was the best general ever to step in a battle field

caesar was killed by his son brutus before he could claim that he was to dissolve the senate on the ides of march. he was titled imperator because it also means leader, general which he was. another note not only did roman leaders choose his name for there titles, don't forget about the german kaisers and the russians czars. if you think about it there just translations for caesar.

Um, Brutus was not Ceasars son, he wasn't even remotely related. Octavian was named as Caesars adopted son in his will.

Originally posted by elfstorm
Um, Brutus was not Ceasars son, he wasn't even remotely related. Octavian was named as Caesars adopted son in his will.
Yeah, didn't have any real sons.

Originally posted by marshal zhukov
Catherine,
What is she doing as leader of Russia, she barelly did anything for Russia to improve and besides that she is actually GERMAN. Istead of her Firaxis should have had put as leader of Russia Stalin,

Stalin was GEORGIAN. :lol: :lol:

Also, you really need a history lesson with regards to Catherine, heh.

Top Bottom