Worst verison of Windows?

Worst verison of Windows yet?

• Total voters
Windows 8, nothing more than trying to force a mobile GUI onto a desktop platform.

Windows 8, nothing more than trying to force a mobile GUI onto a desktop platform.

My thoughts exactly. That is why I hate Windows 8. Hopefully Microsoft will realize this is a failure and bring back the old desktop and start menu system for PCs and scrap the Metro UI.

You can skip straight to the desktop, you can bring back the start menu. I've said this a million times, but you keep ignoring it.

My thoughts exactly. That is why I hate Windows 8. Hopefully Microsoft will realize this is a failure and bring back the old desktop and start menu system for PCs and scrap the Metro UI.

You hate Windows 8 because it has optional features that you don't like?

Again, I ask, when's the last time Microsoft ever backpedalled on anything?

Ribbon UI? Nope, still here 6 years later?

XP? Nope, went on to me the most successful consumer OS of all time?

Vista? Nope, pushed ahead with Win7 which was basically the same thing?

You hate Windows 8 because it has optional features that you don't like?

Again, I ask, when's the last time Microsoft ever backpedalled on anything?

Ribbon UI? Nope, still here 6 years later?

XP? Nope, went on to me the most successful consumer OS of all time?

Vista? Nope, pushed ahead with Win7 which was basically the same thing?

Microsoft Bob and Windows ME come to mind. The Metro UI is just as bad an idea as Microsoft Bob was.

Microsoft Bob and Windows ME come to mind. The Metro UI is just as bad an idea as Microsoft Bob was.

Bob clearly had no future and was unrelated to any of their existing products, they're not going to discontinue Windows.

They didn't backpedal on ME, XP was already half-way done when ME was released, it was simply a stopgap for 9x users.

Bob clearly had no future and was unrelated to any of their existing products, they're not going to discontinue Windows.

They didn't backpedal on ME, XP was already half-way done when ME was released, it was simply a stopgap for 9x users.

Every attempt to change the basic desktop interface has failed. For people who don't like the Metro UI, history is on our side.

Every attempt to change the basic desktop interface has failed. For people who don't like the Metro UI, history is on our side.

Microsoft has never backpedaled on any major new Windows feature.

For people who don't like the Metro UI, reality is on their side since they don't have to use the Metro UI in Windows 8.

Unfortunately, you don't appear to be on reality's side.

YOU DON'T HAVE ANY NEED TO USE THE METRO UI, for the millionth goddamn time

I'm pretty sure he's mixing up Windows RT and Windows 8.

You've offered a single use-case problem (multitasking), which I thoroughly debunked.

Try again.

I just hate the new UI. I hate everything about it. Just the fact that they attempted this annoys me. If Microsoft thinks getting people to upgrade from XP is hard, wait until around 2020, if they keep going this direction, they will hopefully have more OS competition by than making more traditional desktop styled OS systems competing with them. I used to be very quick to defend Microsoft. Now I am starting to see why people see them as a big evil monopoly. We need more competition in the OS market to give consumers a choice. That would be more of a free market thing to do.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2011/09/20/3-reasons-why-windows-8-may-be-dead-on-arrival/

Another article that is critical of Windows 8.

I just hate the new UI. I hate everything about it. Just the fact that they attempted this annoys me. If Microsoft thinks getting people to upgrade from XP is hard, wait until around 2020, if they keep going this direction, they will hopefully have more OS competition by than making more traditional desktop styled OS systems competing with them. I used to be very quick to defend Microsoft. Now I am starting to see why people see them as a big evil monopoly. We need more competition in the OS market to give consumers a choice. That would be more of a free market thing to do.

So you hate it, but you admit there's nothing that Windows 8 does worse than Windows 7.

So you hate it, but you admit there's nothing that Windows 8 does worse than Windows 7.

The Windows 8 UI sucks, Windows 7 has a better and cooler looking UI. That Aero UI in Windows 7 is just cool. I don't care about boot time when the UI is as messed as it is in Windows 8. All they are tying to do is force a mobile phone interface onto PC users and a lot of us are telling them hell no.

The Windows 8 UI sucks, Windows 7 has a better and cooler looking UI. That Aero UI in Windows 7 is just cool. I don't care about boot time when the UI is as messed as it is in Windows 8. All they are tying to do is force a mobile phone interface onto PC users and a lot of us are telling them hell no.

I see you're still unable to point out anything that you're able to do better in Windows 7 than in Windows 8.

Top Bottom