The reduced colony distance option don`t work as intended or maybe I`m missing smth? I own 3x3 area that is 1 tile away of all other cities, but I can`t build a settlemen on these spots (save A). But when I captred nearest rival`s city one spot 2 tiles away of all other settlements became available for bilding. What can be wrong?

Attachments

• A.ColonizationSave
    332.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 1.ColonizationSave
    409 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Having collected a "collection" of all those who escaped, I had a question: is it possible to correct the image of the revolving natives?
they copy exactly the native mercenaries and confusion can occur (especially for beginners).
most likely this is a question for @Schmiddie

If there were new graphics (e.g. created by Schmiddie) it would be pretty easy to do.
But it needs somebody capable of creating nice unit graphis.

Hello,

is there a way to reduce the density of native towns on a maps? Thy python map generation scripts seemingly do not control placement of native settlements. Where in the map creation pipeline does settlement placement happen and can this potentially be adjusted?

Edit: My bad, there is already another thread asking something similiar. I didn't see it.

Last edited:
Dont worry Schueler, I didn't really find a solution! The only one seems to be deleting villages, which obviously means you can see the whole map and feels like cheating. Not sure if there is a solution.

I’m pulling my hair out in frustration. I found this awesome MOD for colonization and despite following the instructions word for word i am dying trying to figure out what I’m doing wrong. I thought I figured it out last night and it said it was loading the mod but when I got to the start screen it clearly didn’t load right. I think I’ve copied the wrong file or something to that extent. I even resorted to watching a video on YouTube for install and did everything the instructor said to do and still didn’t work. The only thing that concerned me about his method was...he only downloaded 1 of 2 zip files on the new release. Where as if you scroll all the way to the bottom till you get to the first release outside the beta the instructions say to download two different zip files but then the order of which you unzip them becomes fuzzy. I’m starting to wonder if YouTube guy already had 2nd zip installed and maybe that’s why he didn’t show that part. Where as I am a new user to the MOD and haven’t played any of the previous versions. I started re working it from a different angle last night but was getting late(midnight) and eyes and brain was hurting. Also, in first release it said make sure game is patched to 1.0.1 which I couldn’t figure that out. My steam is on auto updates and can’t figure out how to turn that off. Thought of maybe uninstalling game and redownloading from steam and then try adding the MOD.

Sorry for that book. But just figured it easier to copy and paste from a sent text message to a brother with better computer sense then me of what i tried thus far.

So I guess my question is, is there a new set of download and install instructions that i should be following?

Good day,

I suppose you have extracted the We.The.People.2.8.zip or .rar to ..\Documents\My Games\Civilization IV Colonization\MODS

And if you open the only folder in 'MODS' which might be 'We.The.People.2.8' (could be named differently for you but will probably be the only folder in there) there are 3 folders and nine files in there Assets, Project Files, Public Maps etc.?

I think I had a problem getting it to load in the past by starting the game and going to 'load a mod'.
I had to open the file ..\Documents\My Games\Civilization IV Colonization\ CivilizationIV.ini (which is 2nd from the bottom) scroll down to the middle of the file where it says:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none

Then change the next line to:

Mod = Mods\We.The.People.2.8 (if We.The.People.2.8 is the name of the folder that holds the folders Assets, Project Files, Public Maps etc, otherwise change it to whatever it is named for you.)

or maybe

Mod = Mods\We.The.People.2.8\We.The.People.2.8 if you accidentally created too many folders

Save the file, exit and start the game and see what happens.

Last edited:
Good day,

I suppose you have extracted the We.The.People.2.8.zip or .rar to ..\Documents\My Games\Civilization IV Colonization\MODS

And if you open the only folder in 'MODS' which might be 'We.The.People.2.8' (could be named differently for you but will probably be the only folder in there)

I think I had a problem getting it to load in the past by starting the game and going to 'load a mod'.
I had to open the file ..\Documents\My Games\Civilization IV Colonization\ CivilizationIV.ini (which is 2nd from the bottom) scroll down to the middle of the file where it says:

; Specify a Mod folder (Mods\Mesopotamia), '0' for none

Then change the next line to:

Mod = Mods\We.The.People.2.8 (if We.The.People.2.8 is the name of the folder that holds the folders Assets, Project Files, Public Maps etc, otherwise change it to whatever it is named for you.)

or maybe

Mod = Mods\We.The.People.2.8\We.The.People.2.8\if you accidentally created too many folders

Save the file, exit and start the game and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick response, Ill give that a try as sooon as i get off work thanks... Really looking forward to playing this MOD it looks great. Been playing since Civ 1 and have to say Colonization was always my favorite growing up.

Thanks for the quick response, Ill give that a try as sooon as i get off work thanks... Really looking forward to playing this MOD it looks great. Been playing since Civ 1 and have to say Colonization was always my favorite growing up.

It is hilarious what a terrible help I am. I said 3 folders in the 'Mod Name Folder' in MODS: Assets, Project Files, Public Maps... But there should actually be 5 folders in there, also including '1 city plot' and '2 city plot'.

Anyway, if I somehow succeeded in helping you with all this, on my behalf, the Danish colony must be wiped out by the year 1712 after you have sold them 47 bundles of wool cloth and a large pile of rope.

It is a terrific Mod

It is hilarious what a terrible help I am. I said 3 folders in the 'Mod Name Folder' in MODS: Assets, Project Files, Public Maps... But there should actually be 5 folders in there, also including '1 city plot' and '2 city plot'.

Anyway, if I somehow succeeded in helping you with all this, on my behalf, the Danish colony must be wiped out by the year 1712 after you have sold them 47 bundles of wool cloth and a large pile of rope.

It is a terrific Mod
:bowdown:

Thanks soooooooo much. That definitely fixed the issue. About to get lost in it now. Any suggestions on nations to try out first. Danish looked appetizing lol

William Penn is definitely an easy mode, so he's good for the first run. Donck isn't bad either. Danish leaders are hard, navy isn't that prominent, as long as you get a few warships to protect your trade and fishing and few pirates to keep AI down a bit, you're set. You can't fight off King at sea anyway.

Now I'm wondering if the whaling automation AI can handle certain situation. I've got three colonies close to each other:
Spoiler :

The lake between Nieuw Amsterdam and Willemstad is considered sea, but the only access is through Nieuw Amsterdam. To the southeast are, probably due to some excessive triggering of the event, massive whaling grounds-six sources quite close together. So I could supply all three colonies with enough blubber. If the AI works right. But with all colonies essentially in one line from the source, and having to go through one colony with active whaling to reach another, I'm not sure if it'll work right.

If anyone got a bit experience with such situation, let me know before I start experimenting.

Last edited:
The Whaling Automatization of Whaling Ships will always use the nearest port - shortest distance to Whaling plot - as its home port.
It will not automatically supply ports that are further away.
All other ports will need to be provided by Trade Route Automatization or manual movement.

Also Whaling Automatization of Whaling Ships will always use the nearest Whaling plot - shortest distance to its current position - unless it is already occupied by another whaling ship in that turn.
In that case it will go for the the next nearest unoccupied Whaling plot.
But whenever it is searching for a new Whaling plot and the nearest whaling plot is unoccupied it will try to return to that one.

So Automatization of Whaling works and all of your Whaling Ships will eventually find a plot and a city to do their Whaling business.
But it does not mean that it will always use the Whaling plots and supply the Whaling cities you want it to.

You will still need to use Automatic Transpartation System and manual movement.

Last edited:
Damn, that means I'd have to set up feeder system. That sucks....right now I'm only whaling from Nieuw Amsterdam, and it's working well...though I get excess blubber because I have three whaling boats due to events and FF.

whats the best maps to play on? I want lots and lots of land, but I'm not sure which ones tho pick to play?

Last edited:
In last game had a ELI with Great General that helped sweep two European countries as I was expanding prior to the WOI. Had 120 Exp points. From the main city fort he could wipe out about 3-4 REF units per turn.

Top Bottom