1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTP] Quick questions

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Feb 7, 2020.

1. ikkiyikki

ikkiyikki Chieftain

Really enjoying the mod. Hadn't played Colonization in years but got it the other day on Steam for $7. Downloaded this mod and I'm *hooked*. It is soooo much better than vanilla, wow!

Anyway, wanted to ask about the Native Trader. I can't figure out how it's supposed to work, halp? In my mind it should work by having the unit go into a native village and be presented with an option analogous to the "live among natives".

Also, could just be that I haven't rebooted in many hours but I seem to have lost the ability to click on a map to take me to that location. Clicking, double-clicking... nothing. Have to manually scroll. Is there a shortcut to make jumping around the map any faster?

2. OldSock

OldSock Chieftain

Aye, it works just like that. It's "establish trade mission" or something like that. If it's not working, maybe you have an expert native trader in colonist profession somehow. You need to equip it with trade goods in a colony to get the native trader profession.

Left clicking works for me, on the map or mini-globe. x centers on a unit.

3. OldSock

OldSock Chieftain

Is there a good realistic world map to use with 2.8.2?

I tried Scenarios RAR Americas Huge - random. Played for awhile... didn't find any other Europeans with my scouts. Played some more... couldn't find Europeans with a privateer. Opened world builder... and there are no other Europeans.

4. lethiel

lethiel Streaming Col at https://www.twitch.tv/lethiel01

Be sure the other Europeans are included when you start the game in the lobby. It can easily happen if you start the game as a multiplayer game or you remove some of your opponents.

5. bogwart

bogwart Chieftain

Maybe a Vanilla question, but anyway.
    Trade Points:
    'You will most likely earn the majority of your Trade Points by selling Goods to Europe, Africa, Port Royal, your Fellow Europeans or the Natives.' (Colopedia)
    Does it matter how much profit you gonna make?
    In other words, is Good value taken into account, or just the number of Goods?
    Also, Goods sold on your local markets are not considered for getting Trading Points?

6. Ramstormp

Ramstormp Chieftain

Looks to me like it's based on the amount of gold changing hands, not the amount or value of the yields themselves. You don't appear to get any points from other trading with other Europeans. You get trade points for building market buildings, but I can't see anywhere indicating that you get points for the domestic market transactions themselves.

7. bogwart

bogwart Chieftain

Thanks! I always thought markets would have an on-going impact on trade points.

Out of curiosity I cheated me a simple scenario via World Editor.
    What I found out was that 30% of Goods value is converted to TP when trading with Europe/Africa/Port Royale, versus only 15% of Goods value when trading with the Natives.
    Trading with Europeans, as you already mentioned, gives no TP at all.
    Markets give only a low, onetime TP bonus. (e.g. 100 TP vor Village Market, 150 for Town Market.)

I have to adjust my strategy a bit I think, as some Trade FF are quite good ones:
    Jan de Witt (-25% requ. for buildings),
    N.P. Resanov (2Exp. Native Traders, +25 better prices from bargaining and Trade Posts),
    John Smith (-20% Cost of recruiting Units in Europe),
    Alexander Hamilton (additional Hammers for Basecamp/Village/Town/City Halls/Gov.Palace/Col.Congress),
    Samuel Adams (increases LB prod. by tax rate)

Fun fact:
    There are no 'negative' TP, meaning you get TP when you buy and immediatly sell Goods in Europe/Africa/Port Royale. Or, in a more practical way, when you buy cheap in one harbor and sell it (with bargain) in another.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Ramstormp likes this.
  8. danpat

danpat Chieftain

Anyone know what to do with sperm whales inside city radius? Neither my colonist (including expert fisherman) nor whaling boat can get whale from that. Fishermen can only get food from there.

9. FunkyGroovyGuy

FunkyGroovyGuy Chieftain

Hey everyone! Long time fan and lurker, first time poster. Love the mod!
    Quick question about roads: The "route to" command (alt-R) builds the highest level of road (plastered country road) to the selected tile. I love this for when I have some pioneers to spare and I want to upgrade my initial, primitive road system. But I'm wondering if there is a "route to" command which will only build the simple road to a tile.
    This is definitely not a complaint or a feature request; but I've learned from these forums that there are a lot of things this mod can do that I just didn't know about! (Like forts. I had no idea forts did so much! Or that you could combine treasures... learning that saved me a lot of galleon trips!)
    Anyway, anything like this? Thanks a lot!

10. solvito

solvito Chieftain

Team, are you looking at balancing a bit the gold price? Every game we play in multiplayer, having the gold gives you like 80% chance to win. the price of 40 we think it is excessive.

11. nci

nci Chieftain

Isn't it supposed to?

Mr. ZorG likes this.