As for me I remain to use historical ones.
I am not really sure if you understand what I explain. :dunno:

Because I am sure that 90% of the players do not even know or care about these things.
They also do not have to know - for them "a Map is a Map". :)

We have only 2 "Scenario Maps" in WTP.
(Civs, Nations, Features, Bonus Ressources are pre-set.)
  • RaR Americas Gigantic (non-random)
  • RaR Americas Huge (non-random)
Although they e.g. have been configured to still:
(That could be pre-defined and fixed in Maps as well.)
  • regenerate Goodies
  • allow to chose GameSpeed
  • allow to chose Handicap
  • allow to chose Victory Conditions
  • allow to chose Game Options
All other ones are "random Maps" that just re-generate randomly according to their settings and as it is defined in XML.
(They will always update themselves to the XML when a new game is started.)
  • they randomize Civs
  • they randomize Leaders
  • they randomize Placement of Native Villages
  • they randomize Staring Positions of Europeans
  • they randomize Goodies
  • they randomize Features
  • they randomize Bonus Ressources

Last edited:
Quick Question :
Is there an option to enable (x,y) coordinates ingame or in the worldbuilder?

Quick Question :
Is there an option to enable (x,y) coordinates ingame or in the worldbuilder?

With "enable" do you mean to "display"?
If yes, that is easy.

----

1. Enable modders cheats in CivilizationIV.ini

; Move along <-- search for this
CheatCode = chipotle <-- add this

2. ingame use Mouse Over + Shift

----

It will display the coordinates for you. :thumbsup:

can a plot have more then 4 goods ? because i have a plot with 4 but the bonus (cattel ) dont show on the plot it would be the 5 good.

can a plot have more then 4 goods ? because i have a plot with 4 but the bonus (cattel ) dont show on the plot it would be the 5 good.
It is only shown if you have "cattle" stored in your City.
You first need to buy it from Europe and transport it (by Ship) to your Colonies.
That is how the feature Livestock Breeding works.

If i have suggestions were schould i post them (Forum,GitHub,Discord ) and short or more like a concept a little like ray :mischief:.(only a little iam not sooo good:lol:)

Would it be technically possible to have "defensive pacts" not be dissolved when one of the participants declares war?

Currently all defensive pacts are null and void if any participant declares a war.

But why? Sure "defensive" means that the other party would not be obliged to join in an offensive war and would sit that out.
But even if I would declare war on the french (and my indian allies ignoring that war as they are only in a defensive pact with me) why would the defensive pact not continue to exist and perhaps trigger later when someone declares war on me or one of my pactitioners?

Currently all defensive pacts are null and void if any participant declares a war.
That is "working as designed". :dunno:
Because your "defensive pact ally" would autoamtically also become the enemy of the Nation you declared war to.

Would it be technically possible to have "defensive pacts" not be dissolved when one of the participants declares war?
No, because you would be dragging AIs into Wars with other AIs they do not want.
The effort to change this is not worth it and it could be causing too many issues.

----

Summary:
You become the Agressor -> All Defensive Pacts gone
(That is also quite realistic to my opinion.)

How many livestock/sheeps/horses is needed to breed at maximum speed? Colopedia says it is "1 load", but a load is different in different speed and it looks like the required amount is still 100 at marathon.

Question about local consumption/Markets:

Does the local demand add up?
e.g. if I met the demand by selling enough salt in one year, but fail to do so in the next - is the demand in the following year twice as high to make up the missed sales? Or are the missed sales simply gone and only happyness shows if too often sales are missed?

Is local demand a fixed number depending only on the consumption that each colonist has? Or is it scaled due to mapsize and gamespeed?
e.g. Is demand "normal" on normal gamespeed with 300 turns and lower in a marathon game where a turn is not a year but only a season?
Normal demand on medium maps and lower on tiny and higher on gigantic maps?

... it looks like the required amount is still 100 at marathon.
Than I might simply have forgot to consider gamespeed modifier. :blush:
(I normally do not play / test with anything else than Gamespeed "Normal".)

It should in fact always be 1 full cargo slot.
  • 100 for Gamespeed "Normal"
  • 300 for Gamespeed "Marathon"
Will check and correct if necessary. :thumbsup:

Edit:
It is fixed now, see here.

Last edited:
Does the local demand add up?
No, too complex and too much impact on performance.
It is simply calculated each turn from scratch - without adding other complex stuff.

Or is it scaled due to mapsize and gamespeed?

There has never been any point in scaling such things considering Yields according to MapSize.
(MapSize also has no impact on Yields on Plot - for good reason.)

Yield Consumption, Yield Production and thus also Domestic Market (which is a Consumption Mechanic as well) should never ever get scaled by GameSpeed either !
(e.g. GameSpeed also has no impact on Yields on Plot - for good reason.)

Edit:
Oh boy, this question almost confused me !!!

------

Summary:

The only things that are affected by GameSpeed:
  • Yield amounts you store or trade
  • Timers / Gold Rewards of One Time Events
Game Speed should never be applied to e.g.:
  • Yield amounts produced / consumed
  • Unit Rewards / Bonus Modifiers you get from One Time Events
------

Advice to modders:

Careful how you use "GameSpeed Modifiers".
Wrong usage can easily break you balancing !

Last edited:
2.9 I am at war for several years with the french now, already conquered 3 of their cities (which were founded quite nicely in Acadia for me to take to connect my cities in New England with my other city in New foundland) and currently they only have two left Montreal and Quebec roughly in eastern Canada.

I never had an open borders agreement before the war and refused Champlain when he offered one before the war.

So - how does it come that the french treasure transports seem all to run their pathfinding right through my colonies, even mocking me by going RIGHT NEXT to my capital...? Those baguettes do not take my war on them seriously! :deadhorse:
Spoiler :

upload_2021-6-13_14-57-42.png

So - how does it come that the french treasure transports seem all to run their pathfinding right through my colonies, even mocking me by going RIGHT NEXT to my capital...? Those baguettes do not take my war on them seriously! :deadhorse:
The AI doesn't need open border to enter your territory if you are at war. The issue is more like the AI seems to be confused about the value of treasures. Perhaps the non-zero combat rating makes the AI view it as a military unit.

So - how does it come that the french treasure transports seem all to run their pathfinding right through my colonies ...
Because it does not understand such a complex strategic concept as "Dangerous Territory".
All AI can handle is to tactically avoid hostile Units in the adjacent plots. (2Plot Radius Check)

I already tried to explain what AI can do and what AI can not do. :dunno:
  • Simple Tactics: Yes
  • Complex Strategy: No

Because it does not understand such a complex strategic concept as "Dangerous Territory".
All AI can handle is to tactically avoid hostile Units in the adjacent plots. (2Plot Radius Check)
Perhaps the AI should view plots owned by hostiles as slower. The problem is that it won't help for units with just one movement point as it won't change the amount of turns it will take to reach the target plot. There are ways to teach pathfinding something like this, but they are all complex. There is no easy fix to this issue. It doesn't make it any easier that pathfinding is the biggest contributor to the AI CPU time. Any slowdown to the pathfinding logic will be noticed.

Top Bottom