Do you have high domestic demand of these goods in the affected cities?

If the demand is higher than the produced amount, you'll won't get good on storage as they are instantly sold to your citizens.

Regards
XSamatan

Do you have high domestic demand of these goods in the affected cities?

If the demand is higher than the produced amount, you'll won't get good on storage as they are instantly sold to your citizens.

Regards
XSamatan
That might be it, thanks a lot!
E: That was it indeed. Hadn't looked at domestic demand so far.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a question.
I conquered a lot of land, but in that land are a lot of indians of a tribe. I wanted to destroy them. They always attack my towns. I declared war on them. But when I try to attack them I walk into the unit or into the indian camp. With no attack. They say that they don t like my kind of living. Somehow they seem to belong to my faction and were converted partly. What can I do ?
They are also very many and their number increased during the game.

Thanks Andreas

Here's something I've been meaning to ask - how is it that after villages across the entire map have been visited by scouts that the AI players are able to send out scouts and obtain treasure? Or, do those treasures represent something else? It's one and done when I get to a village after the AI. Is the game programmed to give them a second crack at those villages as an advantage/cheat?

Is the game programmed to give them a second crack at those villages as an advantage/cheat?
No, such a cheat does not exist.

Only the first player gets the "Talk-To-Chief" reward.
Otherwise I have no idea what is happening in your game.

Where do I find the start year in the XML files. Discovery era gives me 1492, Expansion era gives me 1642.
In CIV4EraInfos.xml theres is a value at GameTurn>2</iGameTurn> which sounds like a start year but changing that does not change the start year in a new game

Where do I find the start year in the XML files.
We never changed it, so it can also not be found in the mod files.

But simply add this to GlobalDefinesAlt.xml:
<Define> <DefineName>START_YEAR</DefineName> <iDefineIntVal>1492</iDefineIntVal> </Define>

Once that is added you can also customize it. :thumbsup:

Edit:
I also did this change to the mod in develop, so players can customize the start year in the future.

Oh thanks a lot, that is absolutely brilliant :) I'll try it out once our baby is in bed.

1492 seemed to be a bit early to me for already founding a permanent colony and 1620 seemed to be a bit late for the first one. As per Wikipedia England's first colony was founded in 1595 so great to see that I can just pick that year at game start now. I can change the game speed to 9 months instead of 12 months per turn in the CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml file to make up for the 100 years I missed. Yesterday tried around a bit by changing the MonthIncrement to 1236 and then back to 9 after the first turn but I did not have any time to play yesterday so I'll start a new game tonight.

Thanks again, very much appreciated.

Last edited:
In the Custom Game setup, what does Land Regularity do?
AMyrfiY.png

I tried different selections and looked at the whole map in the World Builder to see if I could tell, but I'm not sure heh

Is there someway to record/plan/track the need for a class in a city?

e.g. say New York requires a medic and I trained it in another city or bought it in Europe

I'm finding that with the disjointed times I have for playing I can lose track of what unit had to go where, and so waste a reasonable amount of my limited play time either trying to remember it, or keeping a spreadsheet up to date :(

It would be nice if you could flag the classes you want in the city that wants it and then access that list from units in other cities. Even something as simple as the go to city UI having a star next to a city that has your class flagged as desired.

It's not very well thought out, just really bugging me ATM :p

Hello, just downloaded the mod and I'm playing for the first time after playing Religion & Revolution some years ago. So I've been away for some time. Quick question, can I change the font size somehow? At higher resolutions it gets pretty small. Second question, can I change how I move the screen? Currently that only works through clicking a point on the screen, not by the cursor going in that direction.

There are few maps with size Standard or smaller. For map generation there is only FaireWeather left. Is there any other source except creating maps yourself?

To what extent can the REF benefit from cities they captured from you?
Do they have anyway of getting more combat units from those cities?

I'm having problems with severe lag and freezes in the late game. I know that it'd probably help to not play on an enormous map and not to automate a gazillion transports. Still, is there anything else that could help? Like a patch for multi-core usage or something? (running 4.1)

Where can I find more information regarding:
  • Many new DLL Diplo Events (e.g. related to Privateers, Wars with Natives or Royal Interventions)

I've been playing around with the current version for the last few days. While I have enjoyed it quite a bit, it's a pretty steep jump from vanilla to this figuring out all the new stuff. I read a suggestion in another forum to try one of the earlier versions (2 or 3) first with fewer new mechanics and once you get comfortable there to move on to 4. Seems like a good idea. Are the earlier versions available somewhere to download?

I've been playing around with the current version for the last few days. While I have enjoyed it quite a bit, it's a pretty steep jump from vanilla to this figuring out all the new stuff. I read a suggestion in another forum to try one of the earlier versions (2 or 3) first with fewer new mechanics and once you get comfortable there to move on to 4. Seems like a good idea. Are the earlier versions available somewhere to download?
https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/releases - check releases history (16 atm).

But I don't think you need it. Nothing is forcing you to play with absolutely all game aspects to win or have fun. I'm more or less in the same boat and it's refreshing to discover new things during each play. There are tons of new ways of creating value but same old tactics are still ok. I try to not spend too much time on Civilopedia and experiment when I'm unsure. The difficulty could be maybe to check more background things now than before, like culture/health/city law/domestic market. But it's just some threshold to check more or less, nothing crazy. Little action is required. And the general idea is still the same (building what's necessary when it's necessary, constant optimization process, focusing on a path and avoiding distractions). First 50 turns it does not matter. The complexity is also about units needing more different things to be created (I got in troubles several times with this), but it makes sense and you just need to prepare a little in advance, focusing on a few things at first.
It's like the 2 sailing destinations (Pirate/Africa), it's there, it can be really useful but you can also play at any difficulty without using it. It's just more choices, more strategies to experiment later for fun (like going FULL slaves in many little productive raw-product colonies and see what happens ^^).
New goods, new ressources, that's great but you don't need to understand them, or to product them all to generate decent profits. Just more choices and variety. You focus on what you know and you build on it each game a little more.

https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/releases - check releases history (16 atm).

But I don't think you need it. Nothing is forcing you to play with absolutely all game aspects to win or have fun. I'm more or less in the same boat and it's refreshing to discover new things during each play. There are tons of new ways of creating value but same old tactics are still ok. I try to not spend too much time on Civilopedia and experiment when I'm unsure. The difficulty could be maybe to check more background things now than before, like culture/health/city law/domestic market. But it's just some threshold to check more or less, nothing crazy. Little action is required. And the general idea is still the same (building what's necessary when it's necessary, constant optimization process, focusing on a path and avoiding distractions). First 50 turns it does not matter. The complexity is also about units needing more different things to be created (I got in troubles several times with this), but it makes sense and you just need to prepare a little in advance, focusing on a few things at first.
It's like the 2 sailing destinations (Pirate/Africa), it's there, it can be really useful but you can also play at any difficulty without using it. It's just more choices, more strategies to experiment later for fun (like going FULL slaves in many little productive raw-product colonies and see what happens ^^).
New goods, new ressources, that's great but you don't need to understand them, or to product them all to generate decent profits. Just more choices and variety. You focus on what you know and you build on it each game a little more.
Always great to see "new" player. :) Please ask if you havy any questions.

Sometimes we forget that the player do not have the knowledge of the features we have implemented. :lol:

Then it is good to receive a reminder that maybe the Colopedia needs to be updated or some informations could be shared.

I'm not sure if the former versions are all available, but as MorphineCol wrote. You can also give the new version a try, the technics somewhat different, but in many ways it is still the same.

Top Bottom