WW2-Global Equuleus's Fall Gelb Mod

I have been working on the stats for all the ships.
I can use some feedback with this.
Here are some early stats I came up with for some of the battleships.

QE Class
Attack 38
Defense 35
Movement 6
HP +7
AAA 0

Revenge Class
Attack 41
Defense 37
Movement 6
HP +6
AAA 1

Nelson Class
Attack 47
Defense 43
Movement 6
HP +8
AAA 1

KGV Class
Attack 57
Defense 52
Movement 7
HP +9
AAA 1

Bismark Class
Attack 64
Defense 59
Movement 7
HP +10
AAA 1

H Class
Attack 74
Defense 67
Movement 7
HP +20
AAA 1

H-Class is very overpowered.
QEs were modernized in some cases, and were certainly faster than the Rs (18 knots) and Rodney + Nelson (22-23 knots). They also had superior AA to the Rs.
Nelsons less firepower than KGVs? They also had very strong defences; armour scheme.
When considering Bismarck and her ilk, do look at some different sources to the common ones. Combined Fleet has some amusing amateur speculation; Navweaps leads to a lot more stuff.
All the AA numbers are a bit low...vingrjoe did some work on AA stats and how the game nerfs them last year in TCW thread.

Remember the H class battleship was going to be 128,930 tons.

On the KGVs vs Nelsons I decided to make newer battleships more powerful than older ones.

As for the low AA it is to better simulate the supremacy of air power over battleships.

Maybe some of my info is off, I was using wiki.

Oh my dear Deneir, you aren't thinking they represent the H-44 are you?!
That was a paper design that could not be built, and was examined for the purposes of AA research.

The H-39s, the planned variant, are far more sedate; 16" Bismarcks.

On new and old battleships: That simply isn't accurate, though. They were faster, had improved FC, AA and sundry goodies, but those can be represented in other terms. The 14" gun was forced compromise. The 16" on the Nelrods was not a world beater, but was extremely powerful. They also had a very effective armour scheme.

The AA number is screwed up by the computer. Do look back in TCW thread and find out about vingrjoe's research, and then make appropriate adjustments.

As for airpower vs battleships, it is not necessarily the case, particularly in 1940 with the aircraft and bombs available to many countries. The modern battleships carried a great deal of AAA, which was very effective combined with good FC and radar, not to mention the proximity fuse shells for the Allies.

Do not use wikipedia if you wish to have any accurate and serious details about battleships, or naval matters in general. 'Tis anathema.

About the ship stats I agree with Simon Darkshade.

Here is the link to the AA-stats: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=3004362&postcount=12

In the next posts of this thread VJ profed, that Alexman´s statements about AA-stats are correct (of course as we meanwhile know, Alexman had access to the C3C source code and now he is the new leaddesigner of Civ4 BTS).

QE
A 48
D 44
M 7
HP 7
AAA 1

Nelson
A 61
D 55
M 6
HP 8
AAA 1

KGV
A 57
D 52
M 7
HP 9
AAA 2

How do these stats look?

P.S.
If it seems like I am a naval history noob that is because I am.

EDIT fixed some typos.

The upgraded QEs - QE, Valiant and to a lesser extent Warspite - had a rather superior AA suite as compared to the Rs, and arguably more effective than Nelsol and Rodnol.

KGVs in turn had improvements, particularly in the amount of 40mm and pom poms shipped.

There is nothing wrong with being new to something. Read up on the relevant areas as much as is needed, avoid wikipedia in preference to Navweaps and the Warships Projects Board, and feel free to ask questions of those of us who have the hard copy technical literature.

I downloaded all as you said too, but when I load it I get:

Missing Art/Units/115/115.ini

There is no unit folder called "115".

I figured it out. It was called I15(I think). It was in the unit2 download. It ended up being in unit/unit2 folder oddly. It's up and running now :)

I started as Germany Emperor difficulty, first turn I took: Amsterdam, Rotterdam, the 3 Belgium cities, and then Dunkirk.

I enjoy it so far, you did a very good job.

A little suggestion, ever thought about adding Germany's two carriers?
Graf Zeppelin and the Europa.

Germany never finished the Graf Zeppelin and I have never heard of a Europa carrier.

I think I will do the naval overhaul in a later version.
I will work on a new version with an updated Russian army some time in the near future.

Have played germany now well into 1944, and have conquered nearly all of asia, whole of africa and europe and a third of russia,

Am now trying russia to see what it is like, its early in the game and the lack of units is a worry, in case some one declares war

unit suggestions:

Germany - panser Morter, JadgeTiger
France ARL-44, AMX-13
Britain - sexton, Sherman Firefly
Russia - SU-85, SU-100, SU-122, SU-152, Katyusha
Italy - L6-40

The mortar units mounted as assault guns are probably not prevalent enough to be worth a unit; the Jadgtiger is a better proposal, along with other variants of the TD.
The AMX is probably a bit late; the heavy tank could well go in.
The Sexton is a good proposal; the Sherman Firefly could be autoproduced by Lend Lease
The SU-X line is worth doing, as are specific Stalin Organ units compared to generic MRLs.
I think the Italians already have a light tank.

Fine suggestions.

A land, sea and air overhaul is in order; it is up to young Equuleus. The Europa is a speculative unit based on AH and never weres.

I've got a fair bit of a naval job done; labelled the fleets, positioned them.

I have not been working on the scenario for a week or 2 now.
If you have done a naval overhaul and you don't mind posting it I may start working on it again in a few days.

I'll see to it over the weekend.

Don't rush.
I am having some personal problems right now and won't be able to work on a scenario for a few days.

Have played both Japan and Russia in the last few days, and both need some serious work to the oab, gonna try america next.

Still enjoying playing it, even with my own updates, ie diff units graphics, and changes/udgrades to oab

:D

Ideas:
Change Wealth to War Bonds
Allow the building of a 'War Mobilization' building for a bit extra production and less corruption; there are variants of this.
Order of battle for the Japs, Americans, British Empire, Italians done; Soviet naval overhaul a simple matter. Ask when you want them, young chap, and the measure shall be given.
Basically, the Japanese have their CLs, CAs, DDs, CVs and BBs named; I have added a Kongo unit for my own purposes, and other additions may yet be on the cards.
The Americans have their CAs, CLs, BBs, DDs and CVs properly named, along with their SSs and CVWs; these are placed as close to their @ locations as possible, and also include a strange notion of actually preplacing ships inside ports and naval bases where necessary.
The Italian orbat has been previously linked to, and has all the detail there. One has named the DDs, CLs, BBs etc as fit.
The British situation has the BEF arty added and named, RN positioned and named. The RN orbat has been previously linked, including both the fleet locater and the exact orbat.

French land orbat already very good, naval units just need accurate placement and DD names.

Additionally, most of the South American major naval units can be named without great difficulty.

Given that Japan controls Thailand and Poland is knocked out, this gives two civs to play with. The potential creation of a Free French civilisation would open a lot of possibilities, including a Vichy/FF split and necessitating Oran.

The attack triggers work well. What is needed is some way of utilizing them for the Italians and particularly the Japanese. Even giving the Italians two turns of grace at the start of the game allows a more complicated task to eventuate for the British player; it delays their suicidal waste of their fleet.

For the Japanese, combined with preplacing just beyond national borders in SE Asia and particularly the DEI, new possibilities are opened up. As it is, with an improved naval orbat, they can simply walk over all opposition and take Australia and smash India very quickly. Now, those who believe realism and history should play no role and prefer to see dozens of Bismarcks roaming the seas may not see this as a bad thing.
However, it is the measure of realism and difficulty that is injected into this scenario that makes it different from simply a random map mod on a real world map using WW2 units - if things are constrained and simulated as much as we can, then the experience is richer for it.

The no raze patch works perfectly, and this frees up a lot of buildings..

Starting bonus techs may also prove to be an interesting way of manipulating civilisations.

As part of a consideration of the major powers, an effort can be made to give each a completely non-generic unit line. Mobile Artillery and Mobile Rockets are an example that can be altered, using placeholder graphics for the moment.
Tanks, Tank Destroyer, Assault Gun, SP Artillery and Towed Artillery could have their own lines for Germany, Britain, US and the USSR. These are already partially in place. Japan and France could have their own versions; the latter is more of interest in a FFO scenario.
In addition, an Airborne Division for each, along with Marines and special units as fit. More infantry upgrades would be interesting.

The SS Panzer 1943/44 idea, whilst it has merit, is probably out of place with the tank progression for the rest of the German line, and the other countries lines; it can go back to Tiger and Tiger II

The Battleship, Battleship C2, Carrier, Carrier C2 and C3, B1, B2 and B3, Light Cruiser C2 and Heavy Cruiser C2 are areas for consideration and modification.
The Battleship line in particular is one that would benefit from the removal of generic status.
The unit list could be cleaned out as much as possible, removing Flamethrowers, Cannon and the like which are no longer or have never been in the game.

Implementing some form of raw material/convoy structure would increase ocean traffic and U-Boat targets. In addition, a German auxillary raider unit may prove interesting.

Additional units to consider:
Soviet Kronstadt BCs, Sovetsky Soyuz BBs, IS-3 Heavy Tank,
RN Audacious/Ark Royal 2 CVAs,
IJN Super Yamato BBs, USN Midway CVBs, Essex CVs, Yorktown CVs, Des Moines CAs, Worcester CLs, Montana BBs, South Dakota BBs, North Carolina BBs, Cleveland CLs, Baltimore CAs, Alaska CBs,
French Richelieu BBs, Dunkerque BCs,
German Lowe PZ VII, Kreuzer Ps, OPQ BCs, Graf Zeppelin CVs

Can you eliminate civ's with no cities?, if not im gonna remove thailand and poland from the game, as i dont think you can conquer them,

correct me if im wrong.

Top Bottom