WW2 Global Gold

It took me a while to figure out where to put it but I added: #WON_SPLASH_BLDG_Pentagon
art\wonder splash\nosplash.pcx and it works, yay. Thanks Civinator, and indeed I am very greatful to Rocoteh for creating this scenerio. I am also thankful that this scenerio can be easly altered to make it even better. Thanks for the grafic update, it is fantastic.:)

Great that it did work for you Niminator.:)
And there is good news for WW2 Global Gold, too as today gwendoline gave a wonderful version of the Comet tank to the Civ 3 community, closing one of the last big gaps in WW2 Global Gold. :):goodjob:

It's good to see that this mod is still active :thumbsup:
Started a German game a while back.... but haven't played in weeks. I'll continue with it some other time.

Civinator,

Its some time since I posted in the forums due to illness
and sad thinghs that occured.

Anyway:

Congratulations to the very impressive work you have done with
this scenario.

Great work!

Best regards

Rocoteh

Civinator,

Anyway:

this scenario.

Great work!

Best regards

Rocoteh

Rocoteh,

thank you very much for these kind words, sir. :bowdown: As posted at page one of this thread, in this special case, for me it´s only decisive, what you are thinking about about it, as it is your scenario.

As you like the graphical update of your famous scenario, I´m very happy. :):)
I hope, now some better days will come for you again, especially to your health.

Best regards

Blue Lion/Civinator

Civinator,

Anyway:

this scenario.

Great work!

Best regards

Rocoteh
Rocoteh,

sorry to hear about bad news. wishing you well old friend and great to see you post.

all the best,
El Justo

I'm absolutely amazed to see people still working on this. I used to play it a lot several years ago and I thought it was time for a new round. Many many thanks again.

I'm absolutely amazed to see people still working on this. I used to play it a lot several years ago and I thought it was time for a new round. Many many thanks again.

Crispin, you are very welcome -and you can be sure there will come an update for it. :)

Just started up a game with Japan. I get weird icons on the water surrounding my cities. It's a British\American flag(It seems to be a resource that gives me plenty of food?). Also surrounding my cities in China, there is a lot of boat icons - it looks like a destroyer of some kind. Very annoying :p

Anyone had this problem? Should I put up a screenshot?

Just started up a game with Japan. I get weird icons on the water surrounding my cities. It's a British\American flag. Also surrounding my cities in China, there is a lot of boat icons - it looks like a destroyer of some kind. Very annoying :p

Anyone had this problem? Should I put up a screenshot?

Crispin, this is how Japan should look in WW2 Global Gold:

Spoiler :

At present I´m also playing a game as Japan, as all these nice new ships need some action, and all is working very well. It seems you have an error in your installaltion. Around Japan are fish-and whale-resources.
WW2 Global Gold has its own resources file and there is definitely no resource looking like a ship in this file - but a boat-resource is in the SOE resource-file (the convoy-resource). Can it be, that the resource-file in the WW2 Global Gold\arts-folder isn´t installed and therefore your game grips on the SOE reource-file? The combined British\American flag is also a resource of the SOE-file. Please look into your WW2 Global Gold\arts-folder if it holds the WW2 Global Gold resources-file.

This is what it looks like. Something must really be messed up with my installation. I found it a bit awkward to install, but I thought I did understand how to do it. Obviously I didn't.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

What I did:

1: Put the ww2 global biq and soe biq into civ3 complete\conquest\conquest
2: Put the big soe - beta test folder into civ3 complete\conquest\conquest - then added the SOE-Patch-15-04-12.
3: Put WW2-Global Gold folder into civ3 complete\conquest\conquest.
4: Renamed my conquest.exe to Conquests ORIG. Then put the no raze conquest file into complete\conquest\ and renamed it conquest.exe.

Ran conquest.exe and ww2 global gold mod. I can't really figure out what I did wrong :p

Crispin, your screenshots show, the problem is as I described it above.

The installation of WW2 Global Gold must be done as following:

These are the files that are contained in the arts-folder of WW2 Global Gold:

Edited: Resource zip-file removed

Attachments

• WW2GlobalGoldartsfolder.jpg
    WW2GlobalGoldartsfolder.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 705
Ah yes I see what I did wrong, thank you!

Instead of going civ3\conquest\conquest\ww2 global

I managed to go civ3\conquest\conquest\ww2 global\ww2 global\

That´s fine. :) Japan in my WW2 Global Gold game made some very nice progress and I have sunk some US battleships and cought several Chinese cities -it´s a lot of fun! :)

can someone tell me where i get the files that extract into the ww2 global gold folder? I am not seeing it. I downloaded 3 files:
SOE Betatest rar 1.2 gig
SOE Betatest.biq
SEO Patch

but i can't find the other files. help!

can someone tell me where i get the files that extract into the ww2 global gold folder? I am not seeing it. I downloaded 3 files:
SOE Betatest rar 1.2 gig
SOE Betatest.biq
SEO Patch

but i can't find the other files. help!

Hi jomorisin, thank you for your interest in WW2 Global Gold. :)

Storm over Europe (SOE) and WW2 Global Gold are two different games about WW II, where the game WW2 Global Gold uses some files of the folders of SOE (especially the unit folders) to avoid a doubled download of big files.

So at present you have only downloaded the files for SOE (that are partly used in WW2 Global Gold, too). Now you have additionally to download the WW2 Global Gold files in the link below the link for the SOE files in post one of this thread.

You don´t have to extract any SOE files into the WW2 Global Gold folder. You only have to download the additional WW2 Global Gold files (this download is much smaller than the SOE download as you still have downloaded the many hundred units of SOE that are used by WW2 Global Gold, too) and to install them as showed in the screenshots above. Than you start WW2 Global Gold (or SOE) with the biqs that you install in the conquests folder outside the SOE and WW2 Global Gold folders.

I hope this helps a little bit. :)

Hi jomorisin, thank you for your interest in WW2 Global Gold. :)

Storm over Europe (SOE) and WW2 Global Gold are two different games about WW II, where the game WW2 Global Gold uses some files of the folders of SOE (especially the unit folders) to avoid a doubled download of big files.

So at present you have only downloaded the files for SOE (that are partly used in WW2 Global Gold, too). Now you have additionally to download the WW2 Global Gold files in the link below the link for the SOE files in post one of this thread.

You don´t have to extract any SOE files into the WW2 Global Gold folder. You only have to download the additional WW2 Global Gold files (this download is much smaller than the SOE download as you still have downloaded the many hundred units of SOE that are used by WW2 Global Gold, too) and to install them as showed in the screenshots above. Than you start WW2 Global Gold (or SOE) with the biqs that you install in the conquests folder outside the SOE and WW2 Global Gold folders.

I hope this helps a little bit. :)

hi thanks - do you have the URL for the WW2 Global Gold download?

Top Bottom