Wwiii

Wow, that's great. A conspiracy by a secret clandestine world-wide evil organisation to start WWIII. We're talking about real geopolitical situations here, not conspiracy theories about Dr Evil. As far as I know, there are no secret clandestine world-wide evil organisations dedicated to starting WWIII currently existing and I doubt they will exist anytime in the near or far future. Plain human stupidity and greed is more than sufficient to start WWIII. We don't need conspiracy theories.

Evil Tyrant said:
That's because they are a secret. ;)

I guess you got me there :) You know you can never disprove a conspiracy theory to people who believe in them? If you can get evidence that disproves the theory then obviously the same government/organisation/aliens/whatever that covered up the original thing created that evidence to mislead people and convince them that there is no conspiracy. Hence, the evidence that the conspiracy does not exist is in itself evidence that the conspiracy does in fact exist. It's sort of like religion really.

Uiler said:
You know you can never disprove a conspiracy theory to people who believe in them? If you can get evidence that disproves the theory then obviously the same government/organisation/aliens/whatever that covered up the original thing created that evidence to mislead people and convince them that there is no conspiracy. Hence, the evidence that the conspiracy does not exist is in itself evidence that the conspiracy does in fact exist. It's sort of like religion really.

The truth is out there. :D

You all put to much worry on the India vs. Pakistan. India has roughly 60 warheads with the ability to make 30-50 more. This is not a real nuclear power, most of their nukes are aimed at Pakistan anyway with a few aimed at China. As for Pakistan it has between 24and48 warheads with the ability to make 30-50 more. Now both of these powers have about 1% of what the US has in nuclear arsenals.

Now besides those two states who would really attack the US or the US attack them, no one. Russia isnt a threat anymore, China, we dont have to worry about simply because we the middle East runs out of oil (which is alot farther away then anyone says) the US still has untapped resource stockpiles everywhere. Why do you think the US buys so much oil not because we really need it, its so the Middle East the world supplier will run out and the US will still have another centuries worth and we wont need to sell it to the world, only the US and its allies will be able to keep an actual military force alive, we are the only one with the resources, and the money to keep up anytype of advanced military.

So in short WW3 will never happen at least not for another century or so, but hopefully then we wont have to worry about it.

Hmmm...I actually did some research on the books mentioned and I take back what I said about a conspiracy theory. Apparently it is written by a BBC foreign correspondant and is quite political in nature by someone who knows a lot about Asian politics in general. There is still a conspiracy but it's not a world-wide evil secret organisation. How plausible it is is hard to tell unless I read the books. So I apologise to the author.

It might be possible if China invades Taiwan and the US comes to its aid since we signed a treaty guaranteeing assistance. Though if this situation occurred, it would probably be best if the US left the Taiwan/China situation alone and not get involved. It could turn into an ugly mess really fast.

If things keep going the way they are in Pakistan and India, I think that it may actually become a peaceful place. :)

Uiler said:
Will the initial antongonists be traditional enemies e.g. Pakistan and India or former allies whose relationship has turned sour?
Traditional as in 60 years back?

I can think about few possible scenarios:

1) Middle East - attack against Israel from Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia etc. or pre-emptive Israeli strike against some country in this area can spark a nuclear war.

2) Taiwan - Chinese attempt to annex Taiwan by force can lead to war with United States.

3) Kashmir - war between India and Pakistan. Pakistan would be quickly overwhelmed by Indian conventional forces and forced to use a nuclear weapons.

4) Korea - collapsing North Korean regime starts desperate attack on the south.

5) Russia - nationalist forces prevails and attempt to restore past "glory", by force, of course.

Riesstiu IV and Winner, it wasn't a treaty, it was an act of Congress, and under the 79' act we are not obligated to come to the aid if Tawian is invaded, under the 79' act we are obligated to provide Tawain with sufficent means to defend itself. So we would throw up trade embargos on China but nothing coming close to war.

Winner,
1.Israiel isnt that stupid, and secondly niether is the Middle Easterners.
2.answered above
3.Even if they nuke each other it wont be a World War, simply because China and Russia know not to get involved or at least if they do, be on the side of the US. So whoever the US backs would win as the rest of world would bomb the crap out of the other side.
4.Korea, in such a situation they would launch an all out crazy convential attack accross the DMZ, and need I remind you there are about a half a million land mines in there, so they would be obliterated, not to mention the US counter attack, as for any nuclear missles launched, we have minutemen missles to blow them up, and once again if that didnt work, still the US counter. China would stay out of it just to avoid a few dozen US nukes that would head there way.
5.If that happened, the Russian President would call for help from the West at which point the US would have 101st in Russia within 36hours, not to mention other western allies which would follow suit, and even Russian Nukes have command codes which only a few select people can have access to. So by the time anyone had a chance to attempt to launch, they would be stopped.

All of you assume that it is easy to start a third world war. A bunch of concurrent events have to take place for even the possiblity for a major war to occur.

Frankly the Illuminati have no reason to start WW3,their goal is power and corporate elites protected by laws and tax codes.They rule the world in secret, with an Invisible Hand, the way the Illuminati have always ruled.They have a great number of... agencies, who in turn operate other agencies.Boxes stacked one in another.They never touch anything directly.They only influence.Suggest.Insinuate.
They believe there is such a thing as a compassionate conspiracy.

I have said enough.... *is paranoid and looks behind*

Colonel said:
Riesstiu IV and Winner, it wasn't a treaty, it was an act of Congress, and under the 79' act we are not obligated to come to the aid if Tawian is invaded, under the 79' act we are obligated to provide Tawain with sufficent means to defend itself. So we would throw up trade embargos on China but nothing coming close to war.

Winner,
1.Israiel isnt that stupid, and secondly niether is the Middle Easterners.

Ever heard about the "Samson option"? Aside of that, everything can happen in the Middle East. Israel will use nuclear weapons if necessary and it won't ask US whether it can or not.

2.answered above

You don't need any treaty for that. Any open Chinese attack against Taiwan would very probably lead to war.

3.Even if they nuke each other it wont be a World War, simply because China and Russia know not to get involved or at least if they do, be on the side of the US. So whoever the US backs would win as the rest of world would bomb the crap out of the other side.

Such an event would shake the world and introduce a lot of uncertainty. Again, anything can happen. Indian "victory" would probably lead to increased tensions with China and possibly to war between these countries.

4.Korea, in such a situation they would launch an all out crazy convential attack accross the DMZ, and need I remind you there are about a half a million land mines in there, so they would be obliterated, not to mention the US counter attack, as for any nuclear missles launched, we have minutemen missles to blow them up, and once again if that didnt work, still the US counter. China would stay out of it just to avoid a few dozen US nukes that would head there way.

Your point is exactly what? If you think China wouldn't respond to the US nuclear detonations in its backyard, you're terribly naive.

5.If that happened, the Russian President would call for help from the West at which point the US would have 101st in Russia within 36hours, not to mention other western allies which would follow suit, and even Russian Nukes have command codes which only a few select people can have access to. So by the time anyone had a chance to attempt to launch, they would be stopped.

:lol: Stop watching american B movies with Michael Dudikoff :D

All of you assume that it is easy to start a third world war. A bunch of concurrent events have to take place for even the possiblity for a major war to occur.

And you assume your greatness, strenght and whatever else will protect you forever. Is that realistic? No way.

not sure i can picture an acual ww3 any time soon..

perhaps a seconed riseing of communism?

It will stem from the realization that there are too many nations in the world as the larger ones suffer from the nostalgia of the time of rapid expansion and imperialism.

Winner said:
Ever heard about the "Samson option"? Aside of that, everything can happen in the Middle East. Israel will use nuclear weapons if necessary and it won't ask US whether it can or not.

Yes but of the countries which could attack Israiel none have nukes so no worries, one side uses nukes and it doesnt matter, one side would lose.

You don't need any treaty for that. Any open Chinese attack against Taiwan would very probably lead to war.
Do you honestly believe that American and Chinese leaders are that stupid. Both know what will happen in events such as these its the reason no one attempts such things.

Such an event would shake the world and introduce a lot of uncertainty. Again, anything can happen. Indian "victory" would probably lead to increased tensions with China and possibly to war between these countries.

Once again you assume that that the two real powers (Russia and America) would intervene and take a side in a war with nuclear weapons.

Your point is exactly what? If you think China wouldn't respond to the US nuclear detonations in its backyard, you're terribly naive.

China may respond but not in the way you think, and who said the US would retailate with nukes. North Korea has an uneasy alliance with China and strain such as NK launching a pre-emptive strike would force China to put some distance between themselves and the Koreans. Thus allowing a total US invasion and a unifed Korea.

:lol: Stop watching american B movies with Michael Dudikoff :D

You disbelieve the US's ability to put troops any where in the World in 36hrs. Then you naive.

And you assume your greatness, strenght and whatever else will protect you forever. Is that realistic? No way.

I dont believe I will be protected forever but I should be able to assume to a certian degree of safety in the world considering I am citzen of the most powerful country in the world. The US makes up 49% of the worlds defense buget, no other can come close to that, not even Russia or China.

Winner said:
I can think about few possible scenarios:

1) Middle East - attack against Israel from Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia etc. or pre-emptive Israeli strike against some country in this area can spark a nuclear war.

5) Russia - nationalist forces prevails and attempt to restore past "glory", by force, of course.

I'd combine the 2.

The Bible likely speaks of this very subject. Ezekiel Chapter 38 describes how (what could be) World War Three could start:

The word of the LORD came to me: "Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal; prophesy against him and say: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against you, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal. I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. Persia, Cush and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you. Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land..."

A few points about this passage:

1. Israel will be living in a false peace. This hasn't happened yet.
2. Gog is Russia. Gog/Russia will be allied with several Muslim states. Persia (Iran) is at the top of the list.
3. The Muslim allies are the "hooks in Russia's jaws", and will drag Russia into the war against Israel.

The Bible gives many other details about this scenario. But, as they are yet future events, we can only wait and see exactly how they will play out. I might add that part of this has already been fulfilled: Israelites have been gathered from out of the nations, and the land is no longer desolate!

Plausible causes of the war in question:

1) The United States will pursue a policy of imperialism

2) China will pursue a policy of imperialism

3) Russia will pursue a policy of imperialism

4) India will pursue a policy of imperialism

5) Israel will pursue a policy of imperialism

6) Japan will get a much bigger military, breaking all post WWII rules, and will once again pursue a policy of imperialism

7) All Arab Nations will join together to form one big nation, which will follow a policy of imperialism

8) All European countries will band together and make the European Union like the once-decadent U.S.S.R., and then will follow a policy of imperialism.

The way I see it, these war musings are not feasible without countries following imperialist policies

WWIII is here, officially began 9/11/2001. Conflicts between China/North Korea/Iran and the US are brewing, and terror/muslim fundementalist conflicts are worldwide. I found a good list (made directly after 9/11 so it sounds a little aged) i'd like to post as an example:

AFGHANISTAN: The war in Afghanistan is ongoing. Since Soviet troops withdrew, various Afghan groups have tried to eliminate their rivals. Although the Taliban strengthened their position in 1998 they have not achieved their final objective. Afghanistan harbours Osama bin Ladin, a wealthy Saudi Arabia dissident responsible for terrorist acts around the world. On 11 September 2001 members from bin Ladin's el Qaeda group highjacked 4 passenger jets in the USA, crashing one into the Pentagon and 2 into the World Trade Center, killing more than 2,000 citizens. The USA and its allies declared war on terrorism and counter-attacked, removing the Taliban from power. The war on terrorism and the el Qaeda continues.

ALGERIA: Armed Islamic groups formed and since 1992 have carried out attacks on key economic points, security forces, officials and foreigners. In 1995 Algeria's first multiparty presidential elections were held and the incumbent president Liamine Zeroual won 60% of the votes in a poll with a 75% turnout. The first multiparty legislative elections were held in June 1997 which were won by the National Democratic Rally, which holds the majority of seats along with the FLN. Although the armed wing of the FIS declared a ceasefire in October 1997, an extremist splinter group, the Islamic Armed Group (GIA), continued attacks. There is also evidence that many attacks are carried out by militias backed by the Algerian security forces. After years of civil strife, Amnesty International estimates that around 80,000 people have died
The Caucasus and Russia: The Central Asian republics have a long history of conflicts. Fighting breaks out regularly between warlords and religious groups calling for the establishment of Islamic states outside the Russian Federation. Russia is trying to hold on to the federation because the Caucasus is a vital supply route for the oil riches of the Caspian and Black Sea. With the break-up of the Soviet Union various groups fought for control in the republics. Conflicts from one republic spills over to the other and they continually blame each other for attacks. Chechnya, still part of Russia, was flung in an almost full-scale war in 1994-96 and, after a disastrous campaign, Russia was forced to re-evaluate its involvement in the area. In August 1999 Russia stepped up security in the Caucasus region as rebels from within Dagestan - a small republic where more than 100 languages are spoken - went on the attack in support of Chechnyan Muslim groups who claim independence from Russia. In September 1999 Russia launched a ground invasion into the area to cut rebels off from Central Asian supply routes. By January 2000 Russia was once again involved in a full scale conflict in Chechnya. The Caucasus issue is complicated by the more than 50 different ethnic groups each insisting to proclaim their religious convictions on the area. The situation holds serious danger for neighbouring countries, Kazakhstan, Georgia and Russia itself.

EYGPT: Fundamentalist Muslim rebels seek to topple the secular Egyptian government. At least 1,200 people have perished since the beginning of the rebellion. The conflict was primarily waged as an urban guerrilla/terrorist war. The opposition Muslim Brotherhood took part in elections in 2000, indicating that they felt armed force would not work.

INDONESIA: The struggle on the Indonesia islands is complicated by leaders of pro- and anti-independence movements, and by religious conflicts. More than 500 churches have been burned down or damaged by Muslims over the past six years. Both the Christians and Muslims blame each other for the violence and attempts at reconciliation made little progress. After a bloody struggle East Timor gained independence in 1999. The hostilities on other islands continue to claim dozens of lives, to such an extent that the break-up of Indonesia seem imminent.

INDIA/PAKISTAN: Muslim separatists in the Indian section declared a holy war against the mostly-Hindu India and started attacks in 1989, mainly from Pakistan-occupied section of Kashmir, and from Pakistan and Afghanistan. The conflict continues, with Pakistan also crushing rebellions with brute force in their section.

IRAQ: Supports Islamic terrorist acts around the world. Differing culture and religious groups within Iraq continues to clash with Shiite Muslims.

ISRAEL: Within its own borders, Israel continues to battle various Muslim organizations that seek independence for a Palestine state, areas made up of the Gaza strip, West.Bank, and part of Jerusalem. There is heavy international pressure on Israel to recognise a Palestinian state. The area of what today is Palestine was settled by Semitic tribes at a very early date. It was then called Canaan, and controlled by Canaanite tribes for more than 1,000 years. In about 1500 BC Hebrew, or Jewish, tribes began to enter the area. They later came into conflict with a people of Greek origin known as the Philistines. It is from them that the term Palestine is derived.

IRAN: After the Iranian Revolution in 1979 toppled the government of the Shah, the Mujahadeen Khalq soon began a bloody guerrilla war against the new Islamic government. The Mujahadeen are currently based in Iraq and conduct cross-border raids into Iran, as well as conducting urban guerrilla operations in the cities and conducting political assassinations. Iran occasionally launches raids against Khalq bases in Iraq.

KOSOVO: The ethnic Albanian KLA (Kosovo Liberation Army) in this Serbian province fought a guerilla war against Serbia to claim the region. Beginning in February 1999, Albanians were forced out of the province, prompting NATO to attack Serbia. By July 1999 Serb troops were forced out of Kosovo, only to open an avenue for Albanian Kosovars to attack Serb Kosovars. The Albanian Muslims have since burned down dozens of centuries-old Christian churches. In an effort to establish a Greater Albania, Albanian Muslim rebels also launched attacks in Macedonia.

NIGERIA: There are violent religious clashes in the city of Kaduna in northern Nigeria beginning February 21 2004 and have continued. Kaduna is the second largest city in the north. The clashes followed a march by tens of thousands of Christians to protest the proposal to introduce Muslim sharia law as the criminal code throughout Kaduna state. Reports speak of rival armed gangs of Christians and Muslims roving the streets. Churches and mosques have been put to the torch. Corpses were seen lying in the streets and people's bodies hanging out of cars and buses, apparently killed while attempting to flee the violence. Local human rights workers said that more than 400 had been killed as a result of the clashes.

SUDAN: The largest country in Africa, has been plagued by a succession of unstable civilian and military governments since it gained independence in 1956 from an Anglo-Egyptian condominium. The long-running conflict continues between the Arab Muslim northerners of Sudan, (the base of the government), and the African Christians of the south. In the mid-90s Sudan was home to Osama bin Ladin, the international terrorist responsible for the World Trade Center attack. It is estimated that more than 1,2 million people have been killed in the Sudan war, brining devastation to the Sudanese economy.

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA: At war with terrorism.

PHILIPPINES: The Phillipines armed forces, with assistance of US troops, are fighting Moslem rebels - they have been linked to Osama bin Laden's el Qaeda terrorist group - on the southern islands of the country. Muslim rebel groups seek autonomy/independence from the mostly Christian Philippines. One rebel group, the Abu Sayaf Group, is believed linked to Osama bin-Laden's Al-Qaida. This connection, plus their tactic of kidnapping and beheading Americans, led the United States to send Special Forces to aid the Philippine Army.

Top Bottom