Wwiii

Uiler

Emperor
What do people think will most likely spark off WWIII? Who will be involved? Who would be the victors? Will it be like WWI where a small regional conflict became a "Great War" through a maze of international alliances which quickly drew in the great European powers? Or will it be like WWII where several nations attempted to conquer the world? Or will it be like what the Cold War looked like - two superpowers at each other's throats? Will the initial antongonists be traditional enemies e.g. Pakistan and India or former allies whose relationship has turned sour? And let's not forget the Islamic terrorist joker card.

We are fighting WWIII

Its over the controling diminishing world resoures

I believe it will be some of the more 'powerful' nations against many of the weaker and third world countries for, like friendlyfire said, resouces

Well i would be very surprised if america wasnt at the centre of it. China would be the most likely opponant looking at current politcal situations. Wouldnt be surpised if it was over resources, or at least caused by lack of them. (oil runs out, infrastructure goes down the toilet, tensions run high, people say stuff they wouldnt normally, end up stumbling into a war)

WWIII will be inevitable if countries don't respect the sovereingty of other countries.

Well, the problem is we've never seen a multipolar world with nuclear weapons. We've seen just bipolar world and the experience is, that nuclear weapons inhibit eruption of larger conflicts.

IMO the multipolar world with nuclear weapons would be similar, but the risk of nuclear war will be bigger in the times of tension. More players = more chaos = greater risk of war.

Let's hope that the globalisation will act as a new inhibitor.

Dreadnought said:
I believe it will be some of the more 'powerful' nations against many of the weaker and third world countries for, like friendlyfire said, resouces

Wouldn't that just be a plain ordinary invasion though? For example, the US invaded Iraq, but that's hardly a WW as no other great power got militarily involved against the US. For an invasion of a weak country to really spark off a WW, it would require a great military power to invade and at least one other great military power on the same level or at least somewhat comparible to the invader to go against the invader (maybe because it wants the same resources).

My personal thoughts is that unlike WWI and WWII there is no other military power comparable to the US (and let's not say China - China's military compared to the US' and Chinese military spending compared to the US' is a joke). I don't hold with the opinion of some American thinkers that having a sole great power is more likely to result in peace. I think Iraq, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and other similar conflicts give an idea of what the next WW would be like - asymmetric warfare against the sole superpower, the US. The main question is whether the US will be the "good guy" or the "bad guy" in this war. Will it be the US going against the world or the (developed) world with the US against some other bad guy?

I think it will be prompted by the landing of the fairy moon people.

=Never.

FriendlyFire said:
We are fighting WWIII

Its over the controling diminishing world resoures
Bingo! Although I think it is WW4 as the COld War was WW3.

WWIII will begin when global warming causes the next Ice Age. It'll be the real 'Cold War'.

WWIII will be a nuclear holocaust and the world will begin anew from the stone age. :p

Gelion said:
Bingo! Although I think it is WW4 as the COld War was WW3.
The cold war was more about spying and intelligence (or lack of :rolleyes: ) and stuff like that. How many civilians were killed in the cold war?
How come no-one has suggested robots yet? terminator is not just a film, its a documentry. :)

Einstien had the answer right 50 years ago...

A truely world-wide war would be fought with nukes, only "country with nukes" vs "country without nukes" wars can end without much of humanity dying.

If the middle east doesn't settle down soon there is a small probability we will see WWIII, otherwise I hope we will realise it is fatal to us as a species.

farting bob said:
The cold war was more about spying and intelligence (or lack of :rolleyes: ) and stuff like that. How many civilians were killed in the cold war?
How come no-one has suggested robots yet? terminator is not just a film, its a documentry. :)
The Cold War was fought "by proxy" around the world. Vietnam and Afghanistan are only two examples of that war. I think there where quite a lot of casualties.

WW3 is nothing but fantasy in any forseeable future. War, in the meaning of the first two is no longer possible, it's too destructive, even for the victors.

King Alexander said:
WWIII will be inevitable if countries don't respect the sovereingty of other countries.
And theft would be inevitable if people don't respect the right of propriety of other people :p

Aphex_Twin said:
And theft would be inevitable if people don't respect the right of propriety of other people :p
Quite right! :goodjob: All I meant is that WWIII IS inevitable(I just said it with other words :lol: )
Too much hatred worldwide between many sides is not doing anyone a favor.

The ONLY way for WWIII not to come is if ALL countries on this planet had nukes(as people forget the past, and they don't learn their lessons and continue to do the same faults over and over again).

IMHO, I think it would start either as China vs US or India vs Pakistan. Then Nuclear war.

Read the book the Third World War by Humphrey Hawskley excellent and realistic read.

Let me quote it
After Iraq a lull...then the opening stages of the Third World War more confusing and terrible than any war in history. Hundreds die in the Indian Parliment in Delhi. The President of Pakistan is assinated. A US military bas is hit by a North Korean missile.

America and Britain discover chilling links between the attacks. But US President Jim West wants to avoid another war. Mary Newman his young and brilliant Secretary pf State disagrees. She is convinced that America needs to make a pre-emptive strike and swiftly.

No one is yet aware that the war is already unstoppable. Every desecion that west makes seems to lead to more conflict. One by One the very powers he counted on as allies become enemies and the comfortable lives of citizens in modern socoites verge on physical and emotional collaspe.

Detail by authentic detail Humphrey Hawskley captures the ominous feel of a world heading toward it's own destruction

Also there is the book Dragonfire by Humphrey Hawskley

The nightmare the world fears starts shortly after 10:00 on May 3, 2007. parachutes rain down on Dracphi Prision where Tibetan religous leaders are incarcerated. Far out west Pakistan launches an attack on the strategic outpost of Kargil promptly raising the green crescent on Indian soil.

Suddenly China, India, and Pakistan are at war and nuclear arsenals are being mobolized.

Pakistans atomic strike leads India to devestating retrebution. China meanwhile pushes the world ever closer to Armmegodden with her bombing of India. The US and UK threthan to retaliate against China though Russia warns she will attack Europe or America should such an action occur.

Dragonfire is a totally gripping thriller with a horrifying and wholly belivable conclusion. Humphrey Hawskleys tense prose bristle with knowledge and insight into the most explosive polotical arena in the world. But what makes it all the more terrifying is that it's all based on fact.

And lastly the book Dragonstrike by Humphrey Hawskley and Simon Holberton

At 6:00 on Feburary 18, 2001 the roar of the engins from twelve Russian-built Su-27's rip through Vietnamese airspace. Within minutes burning phospurous, shrapnal, and delayed action mines are falling on Vietnam's main naval base. Operation Dragonstrike has begun. The Far East is at war. The world is in crisis. Four days later American sattlites detect Chinese nuclear missiles being prepared for launch.

This is an authorativley and authentically constructed thriller where the United States, Asia, and Europe, become drmatacially, and unavaoidably emeshed in war. It has the page turning quality of best selling fiction yet events here make up a real life scenario which horrifes Western defence planners.

Top Bottom