• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

www.gamer.uk.com are cheating !!!

dainis

Chieftain
I have serious doubts that this site cheats money out of our pokets.

Civfanatics have a link to "CIV3 (EUROPE) Special Offer: We have partnered with Gamer UK (www.gamer.uk.com) to offer our visitors Civ3 for a special price of £19.99! Shipping to any country in Europe is free."

I've ordered a copy of CIV3 in 11/15/2001. They charged my card and I still wait for the game. Week ago I send them and question, but they do not answer.

In case I’m wrong these guys can check the Order # 111151112222693 and answer the owner, but Civfanatics have to remove the link to this shop.

I am sorry to hear that. I have lost faith in Gamer UK myself... I sent them an email about their affiliate program more than a week ago and they still haven't replied. Their customer service sucks. :mad: I've removed the link to their site for the time being.

For the record, some people did say they received their game from Gamer UK in the original thread.

Just received a reply from gamer UK:

"The reason why the guy you mentioned below has not yet received his game is simple because we were carrying out checks on him, Latvia (his country) is one of the most problematic countries we have when it come to Credit Card fraud. You will note that all your users have got their games and on time."

I guess you'll just have to be patient, Dainis. :)

What are these checks? Do they wait until I'will claim my money back?

Anyway, that is not a reason
1. to bill more (BGP23.99) than agreed within receipt they send (GBP19.49), and
2. not to answer to emails at all.
I can understand delays, but I cannot stand silance and charging money before actual shipment.

Many thanks Thunderfall, for the asistance.
Can you ask them to answer me?

============================================
Just received a reply from gamer UK:

"The reason why the guy you mentioned below has not yet received his game is simple because we were carrying out checks on him, Latvia (his country) is one of the most problematic countries we have when it come to Credit Card fraud. You will note that all your users have got their games and on time."
============================================

here are the violated conditions that proofs that www.gamer.co.uk have not fear business:

in www.gamer.uk.com/conditions.shtml
"Order Acceptance
A contract for the sale of product(s) you order from us is only created once we have emailed you confirmation of your order..."

"Price & Delivery
The price you will pay for the goods is the price in the email confirmation. We provide FREE 1st class delivery on all orders. Your order should arrive within 4 working days of dispatch."

The price in the email was mentioned GBP19.45 and I'm still waiting.

in www.gamer.uk.com/help/
"Payment Method
... Further, we do not charge your credit card until we have shipped your order."

But they carged my card by even bigger amount BEFORE they shipped my order. More, they do not hurry to complete the contract.

I do not recomend to make any bussines with this company, and I’m thinking to start legal activities against this company as soon as possible.

Well, mine arrived on time and I paid 15 quid less than I would have in the shops. Overall I'm fairly satisfied, but it sounds like everyone else has had problems :(

Yeah, good deal there for UK customers. Waited a while for processing but saved me £15. That's a DVD and a couple of beers!

Bad luck you Latvians. :(

dainis - Charging before despatch is technically illegal, so you may have them.

Regarding the price difference, have you read all the small print (i.e. maybe Europe excludes Latvia etc.) and do you have an invoice for £19.49?

I hate it when people get screwed over like this. :mad:

Originally posted by Gruntboy
Regarding the price difference, have you read all the small print (i.e. maybe Europe excludes Latvia etc.) and do you have an invoice for £19.49?

They send me this! Meaning that Latvia is in Europe and Europe is not only EU. May be they mistaped 5 days, but shold be 5 weeks or monts.

Please find your order details below;

Your order is being processed, please allow up to 5 working days for the goods to reach you.
<skiped>
Please print or save this receipt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* ORDER ID: #111151112222693
* ORDER DATE 11/15/2001 11:24:04
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*ITEMS ORDERED:
Quantity: 1 Price: £ 19.99
- PC CD-ROM CIVILIZATION 3

Your order will be shipped via Delivery Within Europe to:

* Dainis

* Riga, LV-1083
* LV

Order Subtotal: £ 19.99

Credit Discount: £ (0.50)

S&H: £ 0.00
Tax: £ 0.00
GRAND TOTAL: £19.49

Method of Payment:

* Master Card xxxxxxxxxxxx6014

That doesn't give them much of a leg to stand on.

I checked their site and they also say they don't charge until they ship. :confused:

What I like is that they wouldn't answer anybody until TF posted and called them on it.....then they reply to him the same day.

"you will note that all your users have gotten their games and on time"?????

All means all, not 99%.....unless Dainis just doesn't count.....WTF is up w/that?

I hate this kind of crap, too!!! :mad:

I have just sent 3rd letter, but this time to staff@gamer.uk.com; myorder@gamer.uk.com; marketing@gamer.uk.com; advertising@gamer.uk.com.

I bet that I'll get no answer and the game never. I wish I would be wrong.

Dear Sirs,

I do not know to what address to write this letter because I cannot get any answer from you (staff@gamer.uk.com).

First, let me express my disappointment about your bad customer service, but most disapointment is about www.gamer.uk.com/help/ "Payment Method ... Further, we do not charge your credit card until we have shipped your order."

Second, I insist that you ship the ordered product immediately and return GBP 4.5, because you charged my card in 11/16/2001 by more as in your email was stated.

Hope you you will understand me and act soon.

Dainis.

Stand up to them, dainis! You have my moral support! Too bad that I can´t do much else than writing you cheerful mail...

I hope it makes you feel a bit better though.

Here in America, we have a word for what that company is doing (or rather not doing) to you. Unfortunately, it would be censored here :) Let's just say it refers to a Bull's excrement.

-Arrian

poor dainis... I used to work for a company that sold ram modules to the public so I know what they are doing.

Company charges card.
Company waits to make sure the money gets put into their account, instead of getting contested and cancelled from the credit card company. <-- in this case your uk gamers or whatever is thinking that every time they ship to your country there is a good chance someone in another country will call up mastercard and say 'I didn't order this, please cancel this'
After card gets batched into account at end of week, or end of month (forget how often it occurs) company verifies that they got their money and sends yer stuff. (sometimes you gotta light a fire in their ass)

Just because I understand what they're doing, doesn't make it right. Tell them to get you a tracking number for your parcel or put the money back on your card immediately.. If neccessary, talk to a manager. If they refuse to help you either get your money back or send your game, then call up your bank and tell them to dispute the charge this company made and let the company know that you disputed it.

Make sure you talk to a manager before disputing any credit card charges though, because they could ship it on accident after you dispute the charge and get make you pay to send it back if you accept the parcel.

Just don't expect them to overnight your package because they didn't send it fast though, they'd rather cancel your order than lose money.

If you want results follow this post. You won't get anywhere doing anything else. Bug the hell out of them Dainis, don't let them do this to you.

Johndhus

Originally posted by Johndhus

Company charges card.
Company waits to make sure the money gets put into their account, instead of getting contested and cancelled from the credit card company. <-- in this case your uk gamers or whatever is thinking that every time they ship to your country there is a good chance someone in another country will call up mastercard and say 'I didn't order this, please cancel this'
After card gets batched into account at end of week, or end of month (forget how often it occurs) company verifies that they got their money and sends yer stuff. (sometimes you gotta light a fire in their ass)

Make sure you talk to a manager before disputing any credit card charges though, because they could ship it on accident after you dispute the charge and get make you pay to send it back if you accept the parcel.

Just don't expect them to overnight your package because they didn't send it fast though, they'd rather cancel your order than lose money.

How long will they wait? It will be cheaper to lose little money than all. I am definately going to the bank next month and claim back my money.

Can any one to help find the phone number for UK Office.

Gamer UK E&M Ltd,
4 Silk House,
Parkgreen,
Macclefield,
Cheshire.
SK11 7QJ

depends when they get their money... They didn't neccessarily get their money if they charged your card... their credit card vendor got the money...

now their credit card vendor batches out to visa / amex / mastercard either once a week or once a month... I forget. UK gamer does not get their money until their credit card vendor gives it to them.

It's hard to understand why this company has this policy with your country, I'd suggest getting them on the phone and find out details on when your stuff will ship... if you can't get a clear answer just get your money back. Its a great game, but if they're gonna jerk your chain for a couple months; screw them.

Get one of three things:
1) tracking number for your parcel (ups? postal tracking number?)
2) when it will ship exactly. Find out when they will ship it if they haven't already; and follow up on the day its supposed to ship.
3) if they have no clear answers as to when it's going to ship or any sort of tracking information, talk to the manager and try to get #1 or #2. If not cancel order and make sure they credit your card back the whole amount they charged.

Never order anything by credit card from another country; no matter how cheap it is... It is insanely difficult to ship and charge cards to someone in a different country and you will never get your stuff on time. Now you know. If you can deal with the headaches on account of saving a good amount of money, then it might be worth it; but I would never do it.

Johndhus

I too have had money stolen by these sharks.

To: <fjbaker@iinet.net.au>
Subject: gamer.uk.com Online Order # 111160837281702
Date: Friday, 16 November 2001 4:42 PM

Thank you for ordering from Gamer UK : http://www.gamer.uk.com

I am still waiting for it, a month later.:mad:

Ouch, that really sucks for you guys! :(

What bastards!! Don't let these bums get away!! :mad:

Top Bottom