XML Reference for Leader Personalities?

Triplis

Chieftain
I found this:

https://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php?title=Civ5_XML_Reference

And this:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/civilizationv-the-guide-of-leader-flavors.401897/

The 2nd has some info (partly speculative?) on what the flavor options mean, but I'm not finding anything in such detail in the 1st link, the XML Reference wiki, it seems to just be variable names.

Hoping there's something I'm missing that goes into detail about what the stuff means, cause I'm kind of lost on at least some of it. The flavor info thread is missing DoFWillingness, for example (guessing it's an expansion thing that was added later, I'm working with BNW).

I'm happy to look through documentation where needed, but not sure if there is such a thing with the kind of detail I'm hoping for? I know how modding can be, gotta work with what you can get. :)

DoFWillingness is the leader's likelihood to enter Declarations of Friendship. What most of the variables mean concretely is ultimately just guesswork, unfortunately. There are some more up to date analyses found on the Steam page that might be helpful.
Also, keep in mind that (at least in my experience) it's quite hard to mod leaders to act in very specific ways, and for example "preventing" them from making Declarations of Friendship by setting that value 0 will generally not work, nor will they always accept DoFs if you set it to 99999. It can sometimes be frustrating how resilient the AI is to changes you make to their Flavors.

DoFWillingness is the leader's likelihood to enter Declarations of Friendship. What most of the variables mean concretely is ultimately just guesswork, unfortunately. There are some more up to date analyses found on the Steam page that might be helpful.
Also, keep in mind that (at least in my experience) it's quite hard to mod leaders to act in very specific ways, and for example "preventing" them from making Declarations of Friendship by setting that value 0 will generally not work, nor will they always accept DoFs if you set it to 99999. It can sometimes be frustrating how resilient the AI is to changes you make to their Flavors.
Oh, friendship! I kept trying to think what it would stand for and thought it might feel obvious once I heard it. That's all helpful to know, thanks. I'm not too worried about them being a little resistant to it, but it is good to know, so I don't get confused in playtesting. In my case, I'm making a new civ, I'm not sure if that makes a difference in how resistant they are to changes, or maybe you just mean the logic of the flavors is more of a probabilistic calculation than a hard preference, that might make sense, to allow them room to make decisions to adapt to the circumstances without getting stuck in behavior that are absurdly poor decisions for the given context (I'm just guessing that's where they're coming from in how they programmed it of course).

In general, knowing they still kinda do their own thing a bit makes me feel better about it. Part of my concern was I didn't want to set their behavior in a way that would produce... I don't know how to put it... silly results. Stuff that would make them behave with poor strategy more so than usual (not that the AI is all that sharp to begin with :p)

DoFWillingness is only about an AI's likelihood to accept a DoF. The exact meaning of the variables can be found in the source code. In this case CvDiplomacyAI.cpp

Top Bottom