[Xtended] Things, Typos, & Bugs...

Well, all i used Adepts for were spell casters, mass effect being the goal, they prep the combat arena nothing more, more movement would be nice, but since they can still cast on zero move points i just need them to tag along be next to fights, not actually in them.

And what the frik are auras? I've played up to 600+ turns and i've yet to get ideas on how that feature works or weighs in combat, any detail explanations available? I've searched the in-game help, little or nothing there...

And what the frik are auras?
Auras are buff or debuff "projected" by arcane or disciple units to certain number of units in the aura's range. It works automatically. So, in the beginning all Adepts will give +5% magic resistance to any 6 units in 1 range.

When you acquire a spell research which says "applies XYZ to all your Arcane units to empower their Combatauras", that XYZ promotion is automatically given to all arcane unit. Promotion XYZ will give a certain effect to strengthen the arcane units' combat aura.

Like Blessing of Life in Life Magic gives Lifeward to all Arcane units. Lifeward will give Unholy resistance to any units under the Arcane unit's combat aura. You can see this easily in unit's tooltip, when hovering your mouse on that unit.

Some units, such as OO's priests and high priests, have hostile combat aura instead. So, rather than buffing their allies, these units will automatically gives debuff to hostile units in range.

A unit can be affected by two beneficial auras and two hostile auras.

other interesting auras have the following effects

- double movement on hills (nature mana line)
- increase xp (Valor Aura: life mana line?)
- +1str + stun effect : (Thunder Hammer : mid tier Air mana line)

there are other too : heal / more str, resistance to x or y ... etc
Some effects are situational but strongish, some apply always but the effect is low...Etc

As a side note, Melee, defender discipline can get a class with a "flag" on it (I can't remember the name) which give increased str aura.

Esvath : do the different aura with same effect sum their effects ? (I'm sure that 2 fire-shield auras are not added on top of the other; however, what about two different auras, with different names, that both add to %str ??? would you get cumulative effects ? or only the strongest buffs of the two ?

for example: summoned tiger aura (has a +str% effect IIRC (or was it the summoned skellies?)) and the melee-line aura I spoke of above.

Esvath : do the different aura with same effect sum their effects
As long as the auras belong to different classes, the effects are cumulative. So, fire resistance 4% from Adept + fire resistance 6% from Empyrean priest = fire resistance of 10%.

You can identify which class an aura belongs to by looking at the aura's icon in tool tip (hovering the aura source unit or the affected unit).

Last edited:
The Grigori Cottage->Town line of improvements seem to have no building graphics...

I m playing as Aristrakh and I cant build Tomb Lord after had research Chants of Unlife. Am I missing something?

Its more balance issue than a bug, but why Amurite Planeshifters have only 1 movement? Chanters, who are upgrading into them have 2 and I do understand Planeshifter has its nice and fitting but you can`t attack with them same turn you used paradrop :(

Its more balance issue than a bug, but why Amurite Planeshifters have only 1 movement? Chanters, who are upgrading into them have 2 and I do understand Planeshifter has its nice and fitting but you can`t attack with them same turn you used paradrop :(
I increase it to 2 move for the next version!

Are you playing the latest version? I swear I have fixed this...

Anyone playing the latest version still has this issue?

Yes, its fixed. I posted about the 5.2, which was the current version. Although now on 5.3 the Tomb Lord entry appears duplicated on building menu, not one issue just saying. Thanks :)

Maybe its intentional and not a bug but with Aos Si I can build quarries, mines and sometimes other features over ancient forest but they seem to dissapear after some time, only camps and lumbermills seem to prevail. Can it be some hostile enchantment?

Playing map MoM Earth, Calabim started on own continent and they seem to not use portal because they never expanded from that starting place. Save provided. Also you cant build sawmill nor camp on Eternal Forest only mines and quarries it seems

After changing to eternal court many of my mages changed icons and graphics to Ljosafar Mages

EDIT :
1, When teamed with another civ like summoned Basium I am often experiencing my active world enchantments are canceled and need to recast them. Team does have single mana pool or what? Remember this also from older versions of MoM
2. Mouseover any of my mages in dural save reveals pink placeholder icon so there is some missing graphics there

EDIT 2 :
1. Playing as Scions of Patria I promoted Korinna to recon and she teleport herself to random place not so far away after combat, is that intentional? 3 - 5 tiles any direction usually. Save provided

Attachments

• permanent alliance calabim.CivBeyondSwordSave
    494.4 KB · Views: 63
  • dural.CivBeyondSwordSave
    684.3 KB · Views: 61
  • scions.CivBeyondSwordSave
    274.3 KB · Views: 64
  • dural pink.jpg
    dural pink.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Maybe its intentional and not a bug but with Aos Si I can build quarries, mines and sometimes other features over ancient forest but they seem to dissapear after some time, only camps and lumbermills seem to prevail. Can it be some hostile enchantment?
Were you at war with Kilmorph civs? ROK has Barren Earth hostile ritual which destroy quarries and mines.
Otherwise, I am at loss on why your improvements disappeared.

Playing map MoM Earth, Calabim started on own continent and they seem to not use portal because they never expanded from that starting place. Save provided. Also you cant build sawmill nor camp on Eternal Forest only mines and quarries it seems
1) AI can not use portals. That's why Sephi abandoned his plan for portals connecting planes (yet somehow a code generating portal is still there...).
2) AI also has difficulties. If they failed in settling their second and third cities, they will remain turtling in their only city

After changing to eternal court many of my mages changed icons and graphics to Ljosafar Mages
Fixed.

1, When teamed with another civ like summoned Basium I am often experiencing my active world enchantments are canceled and need to recast them. Team does have single mana pool or what? Remember this also from older versions of MoM
I am not sure about this one. I did not change anything though.

Mouseover any of my mages in dural save reveals pink placeholder icon so there is some missing graphics there
Fixed.

EDIT 2 :
1. Playing as Scions of Patria I promoted Korinna to recon and she teleport herself to random place not so far away after combat, is that intentional? 3 - 5 tiles any direction usually. Save provided
Yes, it is intentional since vanilla MoM.

Were you at war with Kilmorph civs? ROK has Barren Earth hostile ritual which destroy quarries and mines.
Otherwise, I am at loss on why your improvements disappeared.
Yes Luchuirp with ROK thanks for clarifying.

What about this question? Also you cant build sawmill nor camp on Eternal Forest only mines and quarries it seems

Illian Worldspell stops my research and production for 60 turns on marathon, is it supposed to be this strong?

Strange thing after promoting my SoP Redactor to Reaver and attacking with him, he loses Reaver class promotion and gets Dread Visage promotion, save provided

Attachments

• strange.CivBeyondSwordSave
    497.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Illian Worldspell stops my research and production for 60 turns on marathon, is it supposed to be this strong?

Strange thing after promoting my SoP Redactor to Reaver and attacking with him, he loses Reaver class promotion and gets Dread Visage promotion, save provided

1) Yes on Illian Worldspell. The length of the spell is determined by game speed. It's annoying, and IIRC, Kael (or Sephi?) had wanted to change it into something else but had not found appropriate one.

2) Are you sure that Reaver class was lost? It might got covered by Dread Visage promotion. You should never lose class promotion.

Thats why I did attached save so you can try it yourself saved before promoting with enough movepoints to attack, Class promotions are under equipment and Dread Visage is on right where other promos are

Thats why I did attached save so you can try it yourself saved before promoting with enough movepoints to attack, Class promotions are under equipment and Dread Visage is on right where other promos are
Yes, Dread Visage promotion is regular promotion so its place is on the right. But when it expires, the Reaver class promotion will show up again. It's just purely cosmetic but I'll change it so that the Reaver promotion won't disappear.

I am proud that helped to squash a bug even smallest :) Thank you.

EDIT : Around turn 750 my scions game started to become very slow not only on passing turn but also when moving units, I do suspect hyborem he appeared on map (cant find him though) in those turns. Provided save so you can check what can be wrong or tell me what should I do to test. Noticed that my main stack is sitting close to barbarian city where there is like 1000 ogres in it, it also looks as some sort of bug. Trying to delete them in WB

Like 15 minutes later game seems to be repaired, is there a way to delete entire stack? so many clicks are pretty crazy. After razing the city other barb city seems to spawn held ogres too

Attachments

• scions.CivBeyondSwordSave
    659.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Like 15 minutes later game seems to be repaired, is there a way to delete entire stack? so many clicks are pretty crazy. After razing the city other barb city seems to spawn held ogres too
You can delete the entire stack using delete button in WB (one on the top right corner). That will delete anything in the tile: city, improvement, one thousand Ogres.

If someone is capable of modding the DLL, please check the code and delete the one which generate these Ogres, please.

Hyborem spawning might be the reason, especially if he launches attack.

- if the game is lagging between your turn (during Waiting for other civ), then it is possible that the AI civs are calculating something (like great wars etc). Or, maybe there is buggy code making the AI calculation runs in loop.

- if the game is lagging on your turn, maybe there is a buggy code which runs in loop.

- the other possibility is extensive graphical effects. Flame is one of graphical effects which consume rather large memory, IIRC. Effects on spells, units etc might cause further lag, especially if the effects are executed simultaneously. A Cultist casting Tsunami hitting lots of tiles can freeze my laptop's screen for a couple of minutes, lol.

Top Bottom