YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

I didn't notice this when I first looked at that file, but it certainly explains the relative rarity of turtles. Reefs aren't that common, and turtles only have a small chance of appearing on them. I'm not sure what the solution would be as I don't think I would want more reefs because they limit building on coastal tiles and can't be cleared. Although it wouldn't be hard to create a simple mod to do this if the number of reefs were to be increased. I also don't think that I'd want turtles to be able to spawn on coastal tiles either.

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Super Moderator

Can you try with the option to force the placement of all luxuries?

Remember that the base game does not place all luxuries types on the map, even at Giant size.

Another thing: is the "old world placement" working or not for the Terra Map (both vanilla and R&F)?

Logs are welcome for all cases (resource & civs placement)

3. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

Reviewing some more WB map runs (Terra, huge 2:1, two-scripts)... turtles do occasionally get placed... but they aren't logged. They're more rare than vanilla (which is already scarce), so easy to miss. Reef frequency does vary, so it's following that. Fish sometimes show up on reefs, which may impact frequency as well.

I can't seem to disable "Place All Luxuries", by the way, so this is with that on. I've not yet tried turning off "resource exclusion zones".

Lua log attached from multiple WB runs, and possibly a live start.

This definitely didn't work in my recent R&F game, despite being set. Not sure about "standard rules" since the patch though... haven't tried. It was working before the patch.

Attached Files:

• Lua.7z
      File size:
      25.6 KB
      Views:
    Gedemon likes this.
  4. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

Gedemon thanks for all your hard work keeping up with the changes Firaxis makes :)

5. petemcpete

petemcpete Chieftain

I exclusively use Terra Maps (so extremely grateful for this mod!) but "old world placement" does not seem to be working. All my recent games have had people settled in the New World at the start. Logs attached from a few tries.

EDIT: Only tried R+F

Attached Files:

• Lua.rar
      File size:
      10.6 KB
      Views:
    Ferocitus and Gedemon like this.
  6. Astacius

Astacius Chieftain

are the addons for YnAMP up to date or should I download them from another source?

7. Baleur

Baleur Prince

Yeah i ahvent seen a single turtle resource even when playing 100% vanilla, so i guess they are just rare

8. Laurana Kanan

Huh, I didn't even know about that until I looked at the Terra map this morning. It doesn't look like that option is available for regular maps like Continents, Island Plates, etc.

So, without that option and generating three types of "Enormous" size maps, I was getting on average 1~2 turtles with Continents, 6~7 turtles with Archipelago, & oddly 0 turtles with Island Plates. I'm not sure I did it correctly, or if it even worked, but I also tried to add the "Place All Luxuries" option to the regular map types and got the exact same results. The Island Plates results seem pretty odd. I've attached a couple lua logs and the config file I tried to modify (if you could take a quick look).

Attached Files:

Gedemon likes this.
  9. bagigino

bagigino Chieftain

Why do you only hear music with the Ludicrous and the audio of the game does not work?

10. Gedemon

Ask Firaxis.

bagigino likes this.
  11. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

Something changed with positional audio in the last patch. It seems more limited by default camera rotation, height etc. It might also become a problem with enlarged map sizes... haven't tried them yet. I noticed it using a modestly extended camera height curve, and snapless rotation. It stinks if that's a deliberate optimization :sad:

bagigino likes this.
  12. Gedemon

Updated on gitHub:

Code:
    - merged Moda's update for North American cities for the new Rise and Fall civs
    - add code to use alternate TSL when the initial TSL is on a water or Impassable plot (fix Khmer TSL with Sukritact's Tonlé Sap)
    - reactivate and fix Terra Map start position code (fix old world start location option)
    I think Turtles would require an external fix, as they seems to be also very rare on maps without mod, you can try to raise the frequency in the resources table.

13. Laurana Kanan

I did try that, but it didn't seem to have much effect and in some cases oddly reduced spawing. I did change the iReefPercent in the FeatureGenerator from 8 to 10, which did seem to have an effect. It caused spawing rates from 4~6 turtles on every map I tried.

Gedemon likes this.
  14. historix69

historix69 Emperor

Hello everybody,

thanks a lot for all the work maintaining the YnAMP mod.

I used the fix to deal with the DLC Load Order problem and I removed old versions and downloaded the newest version of YnAMP a few minutes ago.

When I start a Giant Earth Game (Trajan, 30 civs, 29 CS) and use "Enforce TSL = Everyone", the game starts but at AI turn 1 I get a message that a CS was defeated and AI turn 1 never ends. I can use the options to return to main menu.
    When I start a Giant Earth Game (Trajan, 30 civs, 29 CS) and use "Enforce TSL = Off", the game starts and I can play beyond turn 1. (I did only play a few turns so far.)

(Sidenote :
    I noticed that discussion about YnAMP for R&F started around page 110 of this thread. Maybe it would be a good idea to split the thread into pre-R&F- and R&F-YnAMP and add a short note in post #1 where to get the fix and newest version.
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/reso...ng-to-main-menu-with-r-f-and-some-mods.26701/
    https://github.com/Gedemon/Civ6-YnAMP )

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  15. Karpius

Karpius King

I have no sound on a Ludicrous map after the game starts. Anyone else experience this?

16. d0minus

d0minus Chieftain

hello every1, seems got a common problem with " return to main menu ", tryed fix. mention before but game crash. Im using game version 1.0.0.216 (cant update), might be possible to get a compatible YnAMP version? Cause I saw that got updated recently from github
    thz

17. Gedemon

I'll have a look at the Enforce TSL.

The newest version is still a W.I.P., almost done, but bug like yours and crashes reported when setting a high number of civs/CS on the setup screen are delaying the "final" release of a post-R&F patch version... I'll upload on CFC when everything fixed.

I don't plan to do separate thread, I've already too many to follow.

The fix is a global fix for modding, from what I've seen all mods are concerned, the workaround is a sticky in the Creation & Customization forum.

lots of reports, yes, not mod related AFAIK.

For pre-patch version, get beta 6.2 from the "history" tab at the top of this page. At the time of this post it's still the one linked by the main "download" button, while steam and GitHub are updated for the patch and won't work for previous versions of the game.

18. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Prince

You might also try removing reef as a valid feature for fish, assuming that there's competition (I haven't studied the script).

I think I'm ok with the default for now. After churning out a lot of maps, I've seen instances of 5 or 6, just a few, and none. The rarity makes it interesting. In a live game I have going, I got turtles near my start position. As there happens to be a fitting religious symbol, Scotland now worships turtles :)

19. d0minus

d0minus Chieftain

Thank you Gedemon for replying, I admire your work & effort for about half decade now. I already used 6.2 but seems doesnt work with R&F rules( was looking for a compatible release at the time of expansion 1.0.0.216), eventhough (after fix)getting game crash so I need to reinstall. What Im looking are possible works around but is hard for me atm since forum discussions are not very navigatable through "search"...

20. d0minus

d0minus Chieftain

used it but now game crash (tryed multiple maps), before that just got back to menu.