1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Magic90

Magic90 Chieftain

This has probably already been answered in the forum, but seeing how there are 120+ pages, I’ll ask anyways. Is there any chance in the future for a small TSL Earth for those of us with less-capable computers? The standard size gets very slow in the late game, and the large is even worse. And yes, I’ve tried the terra maps on small but it’s just not the same as a committed TSL Earth map T-T

2. savio.dibi

savio.dibi Chieftain

Unfortunately, it doesn't depend on the mod. I have a basic computer too, and occasionally I start the game in industrial era or later.

3. Davilex

Davilex Chieftain

Okay, everyone can now call me officially idiot. Atleast for today.
    Of course it doesn't work when I don't update the mod. xD
    So now I got the same problem as everyone with returning to the main menu, having the fix right now and trying it in a few moments.

But the Cordiform version isn't working as it still doesn't show up. I personaly like to play the Cordiform version since I do not really like those big TSL Earth Maps because they just take so long to load and I personaly prefer it also a little more tight and personal.
    So will the Cordiform version get update to be played with RAF? Or do I have make the changes myself, just like I did with the start positions? And if yes, which changes do I have to make?

And I personaly would atleast propose a script to check blocked spawns on the smaller maps. For example, on the Cordiform version Spain, Granada and Lisbon all block themselfes, so only 1 of those 3 can actually found a city. The proposal would be, that when the civs/city states are randomly selected that it does a check like "City State 3 -> RNG -> Granada -> Does spain exist? -> Does Lisbon Exist? -> If yes to one of the two don't place, if no place" Or even something like "If yes to one of the two -> Re roll -> City State 3 -> RNG -> Kandy -> Place"
    While I can programm, I'm not a modder and I'm not confident in anything that is more as changing XML files xD

4. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

5. Davilex

Davilex Chieftain

Thanx, I will try this mod.

Btw, as I've already said, I have added the RaF spawn positions to the Cordiform Earth Map, I can post them when you want to update the map. And as always, I can be off with some Civs. Especially the Cree. Mapuche and Georgia could be a tile off or so.

Also, on the greatest Earth Map the City State Bandar Brunai is on the spawn of Jakarta. Brunai replaced Jakarta with the Indonesia DLC.

6. ForAPrice

ForAPrice Chieftain

Would it be possible to get a file with these inputted for Greatest Earth?

7. historix69

historix69 Emperor

Now with the DLCs and R&F we have 30+ civs to place on the Giant Earth Map.

When setting up a game, is there a way to get a simple list of all civs to simply toggle "Human Player", "AI Player", "Off" for each of them? The standard method to open 30+ AI slots and then scroll 30+ times through a list of 30+ civs quickly becomes annoying. It would be less a problem if I could use the Load Configuration feature, but unfortuneately it does not allow to add (or change?) mods in a configuration, so I had to set up a Giant Earth Map Game multiple times this evening.

It would be also great if there would be an option to auto-adjust the number of CS to the highest possible number.

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I may have to override the advanced setup screen to fix the issue with the crash when too many players are selected, I may add some other changes there while I'm at it.

9. historix69

historix69 Emperor

10. historix69

historix69 Emperor

In the file Expansion1_RemoveData.xml a lot of items are removed, e.g. following types :
    Code:
        <Types>
           <Delete Type="CIVILIZATION_AMSTERDAM"/>
           <Delete Type="CIVILIZATION_SEOUL"/>
           <Delete Type="LEADER_MINOR_CIV_AMSTERDAM"/>
           <Delete Type="LEADER_MINOR_CIV_SEOUL"/>
           <Delete Type="MINOR_CIV_CARTHAGE_TRAIT"/>
           <Delete Type="MINOR_CIV_JERUSALEM_TRAIT"/>
           <Delete Type="MINOR_CIV_PRESLAV_TRAIT"/>
           <Delete Type="MINOR_CIV_STOCKHOLM_TRAIT"/>
           <Delete Type="MINOR_CIV_VILNIUS_TRAIT"/>      
       </Types>

Amsterdam and Seoul are still referenced in Map.xml. Is there a way to flag them that they are only used with standard rules but not R&F rules?

11. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

It doesn't matter if a Civilization has a TSL set for YnAMP but doesn't exist, the mod will simply ignore it.

12. historix69

historix69 Emperor

Ok.

Is it possible to set alternative positions for minors?
    Yesterday I played on Giant Earth and Netherlands was in the game and Brussel started next to them but was not able to found a city.

It would be good to move Brussels IF Netherland is available, otherwise the location is ok.

Code:
    <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS"   X="15" Y="71" />
    <Replace MapName="GiantEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_BRUSSELS"       X="15" Y="70" />

13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  14. Tek_Rebell

Tek_Rebell Chieftain

Hi Gedemon,

I´m from the german "civforum" and I´m very happy about this fantastic Mod and many thanks to you and all the people which worked on it ! :)

I usually play the giant earth map, which worked very fine for Civ6 vanilla.
    Now, I took the latest version of YnAMP from Github and also used the enable map mod which you mentioned above.
    Unfortunatelly I´m unable to start a game with the giant earth map. ( Didn´t try the other maps yet )
    I get "Loading game", then it shows for a short moment "Start game" but then returns to the main menue.
    I have all Civ6-DLC + R+F and use no other mods.

In the past I did have the same issue with vanilla, the reason was, that the numidian DLC wasn´t working with the giant earth map, after deactivating this DLC the YnAMP worked fine.
    ( Now numidian is working well of course )

As I could read most of the people have no issues by starting the giant earth mod with R+F now.
    Do you have an idea, what could be wrong in my case ?

Here the List of the mods:

One is double and I don´t know why.

Attached Files:

15. historix69

historix69 Emperor

16. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

You have to remove the version that has been installed manually (should be in the mods folder or the game's DLC folder) and only keep the steam version. And use the fix posted just above if necessary.

17. historix69

historix69 Emperor

18. Tek_Rebell

Tek_Rebell Chieftain

Hi Guys,

after taking only the steam version it works perfect ! :)

Many thanks for your quick response, very appriciated!

@historix69
    Just to note:
    Within the GitHup - Version the relaited file "Map.xml" was different to your described version for the following
    CS: Kumasi, Vilnius and Auckland

19. historix69

historix69 Emperor

Thanks.
    I added information and corrected some coordinates.

20. RedWarrior3

RedWarrior3 Chieftain

Hi, Gedemon. I have a problem. I changed a bit your Europe map, making starting locations for city-states and etc. Then I saved the map and loaded it again. The thing is that all the DLC Civs like Poland, Persia, Macedonia have disappeared. Only classic and R&F civilizations remained. I guess there is conflict between R&F and DLCs in map editor. Could you please fix it?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018