YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Can anyone else confirm if it is that DLC workaround fix that causes sound issues?
is there no way to get this mod working without that fix? If one renames the mod folder or changes the .modinfo load order?

Edit: so, if i'm NOT using the DLC fix (thus not having added LoadOrder: 2 entries in their modinfo files), and also removing the LoadOrder: 2 entry from the YnAMP modinfo file, all works as normal, no return to main menu bug.
But, sound bug still exists. Completely vanishes on large maps after 100 or so turns, apart from the ambient wind sounds. Must be a vanilla problem or memory leak with large unsupported maps.
hello, Im kinda confused, all u did is delete <LoadOrder>2</LoadOrder> from yanmp .modinfo and worked? which settings are succesfull ? cause for me is same main menu bug.

You might also try removing reef as a valid feature for fish, assuming that there's competition (I haven't studied the script).
Thought about it, but decided not to do it. I like having some fish on reefs.
I think I'm ok with the default for now. After churning out a lot of maps, I've seen instances of 5 or 6, just a few, and none. The rarity makes it interesting.
Perhaps it's from my Civ III modding, but I like knowing there are going to be at least a certain number of a resource on the map. I don't like that there's a chance of 0 instances on Enormous maps. Plus, turtles are awesome! :) I'm happy with the increase in reefs as I also gave Builders the ability to remove them, but with very low yields so there's really no benefit to chopping them except when necessary for District/Wonder placement. If only there was a way to create them as well, a la planting forests.
In a live game I have going, I got turtles near my start position. As there happens to be a fitting religious symbol, Scotland now worships turtles :)
Maturin?! Now rename Highlanders - Gunslingers! :lol:

hello, Im kinda confused
Not sure exactly what you've done, but verifying the integrity of your game files in Steam and then follow the instructions at the bottom of this reddit post (which also explains why this fix is necessary). Since you wrote that you're playing with the R&F ruleset then either subscribe to YnAMP on Steam or download the version on Github. I would think either should work fine with version 1.0.0.216, though I don't understand why you can't update to 1.0.0.220.

But will come out a pack of this beautiful mod compatible with the expansion?
on CFC ? yes.

Hello. Play a Pangea map, the size is enormous (2:1). I choose all leaders and I put 60 cities of the States. the game crashes. Is there a problem?
you need to figure out the new limit for max players with R&F.

small update on github
Code:
- bug fix : test relative position from other TSL, but not the plot itself when using the Terra Map with TSL, because the DB coordinates are not converted to the current map size coordinates and a plot can be nil.

OK...so I broke down and bought R&F. I downloaded "the fix". My questions are:
1) Do I extract the file once to the DLC folder or to DLC folders of each Civ?
2) For some reason 7-zip will not extract the file even though it says it extracts .rar files. I get an error about it being an archive. Am I doing something wrong or is the another free program I should download to unpack .rar files (I remember back in the day you could get a free trial version on win-zip but it seems those days are gone)
3) If so, could someone post a link to that program?

Thanks in advance.

I use WinRar for all archive files. Although, 7-zip should also unpack .rar files. You would extract it once to the main DLC folder as there should be separate folders in the archived file (depending on the fix you downloaded) that will replace each .modinfo file in each separate Civ DLC folder. Or, alternatively, you could extract it to your desktop and manually copy and paste each individual .modinfo to it's corresponding DLC folder. In either case you'll be asked if you want to replace the current .modinfo files.

OK...so I broke down and bought R&F. I downloaded "the fix". My questions are:
1) Do I extract the file once to the DLC folder or to DLC folders of each Civ?
2) For some reason 7-zip will not extract the file even though it says it extracts .rar files. I get an error about it being an archive. Am I doing something wrong or is the another free program I should download to unpack .rar files (I remember back in the day you could get a free trial version on win-zip but it seems those days are gone)
3) If so, could someone post a link to that program?

Thanks in advance.

Where did you dl the archive? Is it this one , from the top level C&C forum? If so, that's a .zip that should open just fine with 7zip. RARs should work too with 7zip, but maybe you've grabbed the wrong file, since the one Gedemon posted isn't packed in that format.

Edit: Also, if you can't open certain archives, try updating 7zip. It's possible you have an archive packed using a newer format (e.g. RAR5).

Last edited:
it was savio's file posted on page 115. I'll look for the one Gedemon posted.

it was savio's file posted on page 115. I'll look for the one Gedemon posted.
It's the same content, but repacked in a zip as I had noted that winrar was required for the original file.

where is that file stated? only find mods.lua and how you can occur whats causing game crash through that file?
thx
My advice is to see the modding.lua file to see what makes your game crash, and replace only the file you need.

where is that file stated? only find mods.lua and how you can occur whats causing game crash through that file?
thx
Open it with notepad and search "ERROR: Failed to release save point". At this point, you should see what makes your game crash. I remember that the solution for the incompatibility is empirical and depends on every PC, so be careful to not to replace always every file in the .zip. Do some try and then replace only the file you need. Gedemon can do nothing to solve this problem, even updating the mod :(

Thanks for this amazing mod Gedemon! The updated version works great with Rise and Fall.

For anyone interested, I've added the R&F natural wonders to the Giant Earth map file (see attached). Just copy the Map.xml file into the YnAMP\Maps\GiantEarth folder and overwrite when prompted.

Attachments

• Map.xml
    15.3 KB · Views: 366
Thanks for this amazing mod Gedemon! The updated version works great with Rise and Fall.

For anyone interested, I've added the R&F natural wonders to the Giant Earth map file (see attached). Just copy the Map.xml file into the YnAMP\Maps\GiantEarth folder and overwrite when prompted.
Thanks, do they spawn correctly ?

I don't know if someone already had this problem, but I seem to be not able to launch a game on any TSL Earth map with the RaF Expansion Ruleset.
I can't even select the map. So, I can't even return to the main menu or crash to the desktop, since I'm unable to launch a match in the first place.

So my question is before I start copy and pasting and replacing files and doing stuff:
Will this new Fix help me with my problem, or are those 2 completely different problems?
I play with the small blip mini map mod aswell as with a "City States build their Unique improvements" mod, but when I disable both nothing changes, so I asumme they don't break the mod, but I could be wrong.
I also play with an edited version of the Cordiform TSL Earth map (I'm actually the guy who added the DLC civs and City States to the cordiform map and wrote them on the steam page), so for this map I have all the DLC Civs working and all DLC City States working before the expansion pack. But also the normal TSL Earth maps are not working.
And last: I added for the Cordiform Earth Map in the XML the new positions for the RaF Civs knowing this map wont be updated anyways and maybe that's what broke the mod. So it either breaks because the mod can't work with Terms like "Korea" or "Netherlands" or I used wrong names like "Mongol" instead of "Mongolia" or vice versa.

Edit: I removed the RaF start position in case wrong naming would break anything, but it didn't help. Also validating the game didn't help.
Next thing I could try is the fix in this and the other thread, but again: I maybe have a completely different error since I can't even pick the maps. And I never had this problem like ever in Civ VI. I also downloaded the mod over this website and NOT the workshop.

Last edited:
You can try to download an up to date version of YnAMP mod from Github. You can find the link in the description of this mod: it can help since Gedemon does not upload this mod every time there is a change.

Top Bottom