1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

Hi Everybody,

I did a lot of testing and I feel that the root cause for that sound bug might be the bigger size. I didn't notice any sound bug when I played on the vanilla maps.
    As soon as you explore map and barbarian spawn that particular time the sound starts to break.
    Is it possible for anybody to fix this issue as the game is literally unplayable without any sound :(

saline likes this.
  2. saline

saline Chieftain

Anyone notice a bug where the ethnicity of the units keep becoming default? I like to look at my soldiers when waiting for a turn to end, but all my supposedly Chinese swordsmen are using kite shields and are clearly Europeans. Sometimes when I build new units they have the proper skin (bronze shield, etc.) but after loads they reset to default.

Edit: I also discovered this problem is only solved upon restarting my computer (even restarting the game doesn't fix it). Is it a memory leak/issue?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  3. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Is sound still cutting out if you revert to the standard ruleset?

got a vacation coming up, and I'll be bummed if I Civ VI is still broken.

4. Xur

Xur Prince

The patch should fix the sound bug. It isn't really related to mods.

5. agonistes

I meant standard as opposed to the xpac.

The game just isn't as fun for me if I'm not using ged's giant tsl or marla singer's earth map.

6. bwoww78

bwoww78 Warlord

Hi there - I took a crack at updating CIV placements on the Cordiform map (my favorite). I've attached the xml file. I'm not certain I got all of the CIV names correct (e.g. is SCOTLAND correct? MONGOLIA?), so that may need to be corrected. I tried to approximate the best locations based on history and gameplay, but please feel free to correct it. Hope this helps and can't wait to see it updated to the main mod package. Thank you!

Attached Files:

• Map.xml
      File size:
      6.4 KB
      Views:
  7. bwoww78

bwoww78 Warlord

Sorry all - the previous version had Mapuche starting on a natural wonder, which meant they did not spawn.

Also, is there any easy way for me to add new natural wonders to the map? There are a few (like Yosemite) which would be nice to have in the Americas (for example).

Thank you!

Attached Files:

• Map.xml
      File size:
      6.4 KB
      Views:
  8. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

@bwoww78 Nice! I was just thinking about doing all the city naming for that map by myself since it’s also my favorite map so far! Would like to know how to start tho lol I have no Civ VI modding capabilities =\

9. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

Also a suggestion for something in the future perhaps, how about settler boundaries that change by era – e.g. England is locked to only settle on the British Isles until the Renaissance then can settle select parts of the world, adding to that coding that push them to do. I think Rhye did something like that and FramedArchitecture as well in Civ V iirc.

10. Tylohis

Tylohis Chieftain

J'ai télécharger la version 6.3 et elle semble être en conflit avec toute les civilisation ajout par rise and fall quand je désactive ces dernière tout marche correctement
    et quand je l'active, impossible de jouer avec le mode YNAMP, je lance une partie et pendant le chargement ça revient juste sur le menu principal sans rien dire....
    rien de vital je ne joue pas les australien mais bon :(

Pour le reste, un grand merci à tout les contributeur pour ce mod magnifique, devenu indispensable chez moi

------- Translate Google -----

I downloaded version 6.3 and it seems to be in conflict with the all pack of Civilization added by Rise and fall when I disable it all works properly
    and when I activate it, can not play with YNAMP mode, I run a game and during the loading it just back on the main menu without saying anything ....
    nothing vital I do not play the Australian but good :(

For the rest, a big thank you to all contributors for this beautiful mod, become indispensable at home. to all.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  11. justinsy

justinsy Chieftain

quick question: are the rnf natural wonders in the greatest earth map? I can't find them

12. glider

glider Chieftain

Hi Sorry to disturb.

I am trying to install this on Mac High Sierra 10.13.4 with Civ 6 and R+F

I cloned the git to the Assets folder and when I launched Civ 6 nothing was in the Additional content. So I then browsed to the Asset folder and saw the Civ6-YnAMP folder and copied everything inside of that folder and pasted over the others (configuration, maps etc in the Assets folder) and when I load Civ 6 and click play it opens the Loading Please wait" and immediately crashes. Not sure what to do from here any help appreciated.

13. agonistes

Someone please report on the sound bug if they can.

14. fosman

fosman Chieftain

Are the civilisation in fixed position or is it randomly?

15. gmnowels

gmnowels Chieftain

:clap:
    Seems the May 2018 Spring update fixed the sound bug effecting larger map scripts. ✔:banana::spear:

agonistes likes this.
  16. Leningr

Leningr Chieftain

What about "Largest Earth" is it work after this new update?

17. MAHRana

MAHRana Prince

Had an Australia game on Giant Earth with the historical start times mod and some others and it was seriously fun, almost as good as BTS!
    Spoiler :

18. Apaco

Apaco Chieftain

Sorry for stupid question, but hope someone can help me with an answer:

About to start a new game on Giant earth, but upon game setup I am unsure what to choose between "import" or "map generator" when it comes to different "placements" (rivers, wonders, features, resources etc) Can someone please explain the difference? As a setup it seems that import is chosen on every subject except Resource Placement where map generator is chosen automatically when I choose the Giant earth as prefered map.

Thanks for any help!

19. McGreggD

McGreggD Chieftain

Where can I find the historic start date mod? I don't see it listed anywhere on here or the steam workshop.

20. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator