1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. nrh

nrh Chieftain

FYI sound issue likely not hardware also.
    I used this mod before the Rise and Fall update, while I was getting introduced to civ 6 mechanics shortly after release. I put the game aside for a year and a half or so... and started playing again with R&F.
    Never had any sound issues until the new update.
    Also game crashes on start whenever I try to run CivilizationVI_DX12.exe. So I can't play in DX12 despite full support, having all drivers UTD, dx, vcredist, UAC off, run in admin, etc. I think it's because of the reinstall in a different location on the hard drive but I'm really unsure. Not the fault of the players here but facts are facts: game is buggy so sound issue is likely on Firaxis's side.

2. nrh

nrh Chieftain

More data possibly related to sound issue: Reveal All using DebugMenu on Ludicrous maps crashes the game. Because of this, a full playthrough on ludicrous maps is likely impossible because full playthroughs usually result in large areas of the map being revealed, which leads to crashes. I'll have to do some testing with the "unlimited movement" cheat using trainers, but it seems about 1/3rd of the map being revealed leads to crash.

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

That would be new from the last patch, after R&F I was still abble to do a "reveal all" at that size without crashing (but still not on the "Largest Earth", which is bigger)

4. nrh

nrh Chieftain

Largest Earth? I have Giant Earth. Is that a mod? I'd like to test it.

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

See YnAMP collection on steam or the addons here on CFC.

6. nrh

nrh Chieftain

Thanks. Not working for almost a year? Jeez... so Firaxis broke a bunch of stuff. Because you say it's unfixable right? Dang.

7. Karpius

Karpius King

I have not tried "Reveal All" but I can attest to having no crashes on a Ludicrous map well into the Info Age when the map is fully revealed. The one and only issue I have on Ludicrous is the sound problem common to all. Number of civs or CSs does not matter. Nor any other adjustments I have tried. Just one of those things that I live with because I enjoy that map size so dang much!

8. nrh

nrh Chieftain

What's your largest save size, karpius? file type CIV6SAVE File. check your documents -> my games -> civ 6 -> saves -> single
    for me, please
    dx11 or dx12? when this is the only mod I have installed with R&F, any map with ludicrous -> revealall crashes. Gonna test the unit hack later today and see if I can relate it to map size / file size

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  9. agonistes

agonistes wants his subs under ice!

Sound bug is the final nail in the coffin for me. RnF I found to be pretty cheesy... but I was willing to endure the cheese, or at least give it a go. But the sound issue is it. I've headed back to Gal Civ III for a while - which I also quit because of a sound issue, ironically, but I read it was fixed.

I'm pretty picky about my games. And it feels like more and more the games are easier, more 'immediate satisfaction', less epic, and less sandboxy. I'm worried.

10. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

Been playing through the new R&F civs on greatest earth. Thought I'd give Play Europe Again a try but got Japan and Korea spawning below Germany twice (I went back to start a new game in case I did something wrong the first time).

11. historix69

historix69 Emperor

I play Giant Earth, 30 Civs + 30 CS, and soon after starting / loading the game the sound vanishes ... Music, Sound Effects, Speach from Leader and Wonder Animations ... It is a quiet game now. Starting a new game and use Reveal All kills the sound when going through the Leader Animations.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  12. nrh

nrh Chieftain

It's tremendously impressive how we all have sound issues but they vary completely. I wonder what could cause such a thing.

13. Nigel_Tufnel2

Nigel_Tufnel2 King

I have been losing sound on a Giant Fractal map 21 AI , 32 CS since t70. Going back to Vanilla I would only sometimes lose sound with a full-packed YnAMP Giant Earth after t180-ish.

14. Jigglewiggle

Jigglewiggle Chieftain

Sorry to repost, but I prefer the smaller greatest earth map to the giant one (I've been having sound issues, too). However, I really want to play with the new natural wonders. Was there any fix to have the rise and fall natural wonders in the smaller Greatest Earth map like there was for the Giant? Going through the thread I've only found the fix for the Giant map D:

15. historix69

historix69 Emperor

Does the loose of sound on Giant Earth also happen when playing with standard number of civs like maybe only 20 major civs instead of 30-35?

16. VítorODS

VítorODS Chieftain

When i start a game all the options like choose leader, difficulty, etc. are just blank and i cant choose nothing, how can i fix this?

17. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

@VítorODS - Are you using any other mods? Perhaps Sukritact's Civ Selection?

18. VítorODS

VítorODS Chieftain

No, my game is clean, only with YnAMP

19. Karpius

Karpius King

I have the sound issue no matter how few civs I indicate for the game.

However, to me that is a tiny detail and really does not detract from the play quality at all. I play 'continents' and the maps generated are absolutely terrific. There can be wide gaps of ocean between land masses, as well as narrow straits. Imposing mountain ranges that can almost (but not completely) isolate a region. Broad swaths of rain forest here, plains there, and dessert over there. Well balanced placement of wonders and resources and there even seems to be some 'regionality' to the resource placement. Intended? I don't know.

Overall, I have found it to be rather excellent.

20. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

update civ6