YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I've been back to playing again using the greatest earth map, and just setting natural wonders and features to map generator instead of import (I find that I prefer that anyway since it gives the map more variety across games). The only problem is that parts of the map get way too crowded so it plays best with only 16 civs. At that level and with the smaller map size though, domination victories become possible again. It's a great map, and I'd recommend it to anyone frustrated with not being able to play giant earth, since it doesn't seem like Firaxis has any plans to fix it.

Thank you, but I actualy did try to do what you wrote there for Cogitator's giant earth map or something like that
AFAIK that map is a worldbuilder map, not a YnAMP-style map script.

AFAIK that map is a worldbuilder map, not a YnAMP-style map script.
Yeah I guess, I don't know tbh. But for exemple I tried today to go in austria's mod folder and changed or better said added a true start location for them on cogenitor"s map and they didn't even appear anymore in the selection screen, I had to reinstall them . Can you please explain or show me how can I implement their starting location on that map.

Yeah I guess, I don't know tbh. But for exemple I tried today to go in austria's mod folder and changed or better said added a true start location for them on cogenitor"s map and they didn't even appear anymore in the selection screen, I had to reinstall them . Can you please explain or show me how can I implement their starting location on that map.
No, sorry, I know it's possible because Firaxis added that possibility a few patches ago, but I've never tried myself to set custom civs TSL on a WorldBuilder's map.

No, sorry, I know it's possible because Firaxis added that possibility a few patches ago, but I've never tried myself to set custom civs TSL on a WorldBuilder's map.
Aha ok. But can you atleast give me a suggestion for what could be done to set the custom civs on that map?maybe I can give you the export map to log or something like that ,maybe you can figure out what the error is with generating the starting settlers for the custom civs . Or if not for example the Greatest Earth Map from YNAMP works with custom civs,the only problem is that the map is too bland and barely has mountains,geothermal fissures or reefs . So how could I edit that map in the world builder to add those features yet keep the YNAMP options like true locations,resources etc. (all the other ynamp options)?. I mean that map is beautifull so if I could just put in some more features and keep the true start locations option , it would be perfect.

Yeah just found out that map generator won't even load ynamp maps.
Works fine here.
Or if not for example the Greatest Earth Map from YNAMP works with custom civs,the only problem is that the map is too bland and barely has mountains,geothermal fissures or reefs . So how could I edit that map in the world builder to add those features yet keep the YNAMP options like true locations,resources etc. (all the other ynamp options)?. I mean that map is beautifull so if I could just put in some more features and keep the true start locations option , it would be perfect.
There is a "how to" to add a few terrain, features, resources on an existing map in the subforum.

It's also possible to use the WB (to edit the terrain), then the export to lua function and finally YnABMC to create a new mod based on a specific map (there is also a "how to"), but it requires some file editing (no "how to", but described in the previous pages IIRC) to keep the same options and existing TSL

Works fine here.

There is a "how to" to add a few terrain, features, resources on an existing map in the subforum.

It's also possible to use the WB (to edit the terrain), then the export to lua function and finally YnABMC to create a new mod based on a specific map (there is also a "how to"), but it requires some file editing (no "how to", but described in the previous pages IIRC) to keep the same options and existing TSL
Yep I don't know what the problem wih the world builder in my game is, I remember using it last week and it loaded ynamp maps but now it just gives error after error. Also do I have to go through all the steps you mentioned to create a new map based on greatest earth just with more features ?

Works fine here.

I did that export to lua thing you said after using world builder, but it didn t keep any characteristics of the ynamp maps like true start location.

See last part of my previous post.

The "Giant Earth" map supports only 60 players (civilizations + city-states). But I know the real possible maximum limit in the game is 62 players. When I load a map at the last moment the number of configured city states decreases from 16 to 14 (civ leaders = 46). How can this be changed?

Honestly I'm not sure if it's 63 or 62 (including barbarians), but if you play with R&F or GS the free cities requires a slot and the game will crash on load if you take it.

change the maxPlayer value in "/Override/AdvancedSetup.lua" at line 994
Code:
local maxPlayer        = 60
to 62.

the check is ignored if you play civ6 vanilla.

Honestly I'm not sure if it's 63 or 62 (including barbarians), but if you play with R&F or GS the free cities requires a slot and the game will crash on load if you take it.

change the maxPlayer value in "/Override/AdvancedSetup.lua" at line 994
Code:
local maxPlayer        = 60
to 62.

the check is ignored if you play civ6 vanilla.
Thnx, now the map loaded correctly

Hi. Quick question - is there a way to get the civs balanced across the map, rather than just clustered in Europe?

I played a game as the Inca on standard with 6 civs and I was the only civ in the entirety of the new world and most of Asia. Only other civs were the Australian and the Europeans. I tried doubling the number of civs to 12 and again nearly everyone seemed to be in Europe.

Hi. Quick question - is there a way to get the civs balanced across the map, rather than just clustered in Europe?

I played a game as the Inca on standard with 6 civs and I was the only civ in the entirety of the new world and most of Asia. Only other civs were the Australian and the Europeans. I tried doubling the number of civs to 12 and again nearly everyone seemed to be in Europe.
You can go to advanced start and select your opponents.

upload_2019-11-20_14-30-45.png

Installed mod as instructions said, but ended up with this after enabling it. Even after removal, I ended up having to uninstall and then install again, repair didn't work Any suggestions? Worked fine just a few hours prior to this.

For installation.
These:

• Follow the link to GitHub
  • Click "Clone or download" then "Download Zip"
  • Unzip it to "..\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods"
  • It should create a folder named "Yet (not) Another Maps Pack"
  • Go in "Additional Content" and activate only the components you want to use by checking the box near "Activate Mod" then click "Back" and launch a game (from the Advanced Setup Screen to have access to all options)

Top Bottom