1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

2. MisterBoomBoom

MisterBoomBoom King

Two Questions.
    1) Should this 'version' be installed over any previous iterations?
    2) Will this make YnAMP fully functional with GS at the present time?

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

1/ delete the old one then install the latest version
    2/ it will be when the game's instability on larger maps is fixed by Firaxis

4. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

I look at your map and see rivers stopping here and there, and not crossing each other or going straight from one ocean to the other. Is there a compatible reason for it, or is it just made like that? I make some rivers on my map and just ask because some of my rivers don't show up in the game.

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Could be related to this:
    https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...aps-after-calling-generatefloodplains.650202/

Are you seing the missing parts in strategic view?

6. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

Okay, didn't know. Yea, I have checked now and I can see the rivers in strategic view

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Let's hope they'll open GS features to modding at some point.

8. LGWolf

LGWolf Chieftain

Hi, I am trying to play this Giant Earth Map but it never loads, just stays stuck on the civilization's intro info screen. I have the vanilla base game. Do I need any of the DLC to run this or how have you resolved this in order to play it?

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

10. clarkinunm

clarkinunm Chieftain

I installed the mod but i have a bug can you help me with this? Civ6 v1.2.0 (Mac) all DLCs and Extensions are installed and YnAMP mod, no other mod is installed and it works fine without the YnAMP mod,

When I try to launch a game it displays blank form without any options. I can not start a new game or load a game however Im able to countinue game (by clicking from the menu) but most of the colors displayed as white (religion colors, citystate colors...)

You can find logs on civ6 ynamp.zip, there is one error on database.log (Which I think is unrelated because I was able to remove UpdateMenuLogo() function at MainMenu.lua but it didnt fix the issue) and there is nil index error on lua.log (AdvancedSetup.lua:878)

Thanks in advance, and I really want to make it work and see your amazing mod. Let me know if you need any help, I know programing can help if needed

Attached Files:

11. Reptilius

Reptilius Chieftain

Hi I love the mod. Would it be possible to add either a separate script or menu option to have city-states spawn on islands / in outlying regions similar to the Continents Plus map from Civ 5?

12. Reptilius

Reptilius Chieftain

Based on your log files it appears you are using the Mac version of this game, which according to the mod info page is currently incompatible with this mod.

13. clarkinunm

clarkinunm Chieftain

Really? On github page there is installation instructions for mac so I thought its compatible

14. Reptilius

Reptilius Chieftain

From the source post of this mod / thread:
    You may want to try an older version. Though that may cause its own problems if you are using GS.

15. clarkinunm

clarkinunm Chieftain

I tried the old version from forum, it didnt work then I tried to checkout git commits, and tried couple of them, broking change is September update so its possible to run it. However I couldn't managed to run it with v1.2.0 so I upgraded to v1.2.2 for Mac and then used github commints to revert back the version. If you have v1.2.2 for Mac you can use this command to revert to compatible version after using instructions from github page:

cd Civ6-YnAMP && git checkout 07ab2d0ca9a1c12c16851c9ec275dfc06d5e2aaf

Thanks for your help

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
  16. diodonea

diodonea Chieftain

Hi! I always play on the Greatest Earth Map. But I like the Giant Earth Map better, even though it seems too big. Do you plan to make an intermediate map between the Greatest Earth Map and Giant Earth Map?

17. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

Hi Everybody, got a quick question. Since we know GS has issues later in the game with the giant maps, I tried to create a game with "Rise and Fall" ruleset.
    However, I can't find any of the new civilization in the list to select. I have all the DLCs but I can't find the new civs such as Mali, Ottoman, Inca, etc when I select "Rise and Fall" ruleset.

Is there any way I can include the new civs under rise and fall?

18. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

One more point, I hope somebody will respond. Is there any mod that disables rise of sea water level? I think this crash occurs when sea level rises. That way I think the issue can be resolved.

19. Lohit

Lohit Chieftain

Correction. I tried without sea level rising and it still crashes. I think we may need somebody to use world builder, import the ludicrous map and redo the earth.
    That way we can build more landmass, less water and map won't crash

20. lordfistas

lordfistas Chieftain

@Lohit
    Just try: TSL - Huge Earth Map - 150x94 from steam workshop, it's something between

Lohit likes this.