YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Reminder:
known issues:
  • See this thread (read it before reporting bugs please !)
Bug reports
I won't answer here to posts not related to the development of the mod (ie latest version changes compared to previous versions)

Moderator Action: Another reminder: CFC has a zero tolerance policy for piracy, and using pirated versions generate false reports. Don't do it

Last edited:
New update (still gitHub only, there are major features change that I can't post on Steam without some beta testing here)

Code:
- Add a slider to quickly change the number of Major Civilizations, to prevent UI lag the setting is applied on the next click on the add(+) or remove (x) buttons.
- Add a "Ban Leaders for Random Slots" option to set a list of Leaders that will not be selected to fill a random slot. You can still pick them manually for the human or the AI (SP only ATM)
- Add a few more Descriptions to the setup option
- Add more options for CityState selection: fully random, list+random, only selection
- Bug fix: in some cases a City State Leader was able to be initialized as a Major Civilization Leader
- Add a "Minimum City Separation" setting for the Scenario Generator, to spread larger Empire on the map
- Add a Southern/Northern Latitude XML setting for City placement for the Scenario Generator on World Maps (or cropped World Maps)
- Allows YnAMP to use parts of the GamePlay Database in the Setup Screen after launching an initial game (ATM used only to update the CityState list for selection with all custom CS, but more to come, like "Only Civs with TSL" option for some maps
- Add a "Load Database" button on the Setup Screen to launch a quick game in 2D mode and return to Main Menu
- Add a check to allow a setup parameter to be dependent of a Mod/DLC
- Activate some parameters on the WorldBuilder Setup Screen to test some options faster
- Raise the max number of players to the absolute maximum of 62 (was 60 for safety)
- Add Map Statistics in the lua.log when entering a game (all maps)
- Remove the MainMenu override as I've realized we can change Logos and intro Movies for Scenarios with the Database since the September patch
- A few bug fixes to the Scenario Generator

Hotfix
Code:
- crash fix when setting a high number of player slots and using the Banned list.

And I forgot
Code:
Compatibility fix: while still not technically compatible with "Sukritact's Civ Selection Screen", YnAMP now include its own AdvancedSetup.xml which should fix the broken Setup Screen by correctly overriding Sukritact's version.

Teaser
Spoiler :
upload_2020-4-14_2-59-26.png

And update (gitHub only)
Code:
- Add "only civilization/CityStates with TSL" option for YnAMP maps with TSL, requires the GamePlay Database to be loaded once.
- Display the map section dimension when selecting a sub-region of the Giant Earth or the Largest Earth Custom
- Add warnings and validation report tool tip on the Setup Screen and lock the Start button in some cases (that can be bypassed by clicking an "ignore" button)
- Keep in memory the states of the CityStates selection and Banned Leaders selection even when the option is hidden (note that this is not saved between session and only what's visible is saved in a configuration file))
- Override the GameCore random Civilization selection in all cases by assigning a random Civilization to each open plots using the current setting (duplicate allowed or not, TSL only, etc...)

After a few weeks of work, the Setup Screen is close to what I want now, so you can be sure that Firaxis will release a patch ASAP to break everything. No need to thanks me for that.

And hotfix...
Code:
- Crash fix : the quick game launched to load the Database was using the standard Ruleset, which could cause a crash on load when starting a game with a corrupted selection of City States and R&F or GS Ruleset
- Now that the Ruleset is correctly loaded, add a stern warning in the Setup Screen when the Ruleset is changed after the Database was loaded...

• Largest Earth Custom (cropped to Enormous size)
  • Largest Earth Database (there is a bug on the setup screen when selecting the Giant Earth DB for the TSL selection, working on it)
  • 40 civs + 40 CS (all random)
  • Limit selection to TSL only
  • Scenario Generator ("YnAMP generated placement" settings)
  • Industrial start
  • Autoplay for the night
  • Climate Change = phase VII (2110 AD)
Spoiler :
upload_2020-4-15_7-45-16.png

Update (gitHub only, still testing...)
Code:
- bug fix : TSL should be correctly detected in the Setup Screen for sections of the Largest Earth Map even when the Giant Earth Database is used for the reference.

Spoiler :
upload_2020-4-15_22-16-16.png

upload_2020-4-15_22-32-35.png

Spoiler :
upload_2020-4-15_22-58-40.png

upload_2020-4-15_23-3-19.png

And
Code:
- added Polish translation, thanks to gitHub user 1e00

What are the civs in each map? I recognize some of them, but not all.
From top to bottom:
AMERICAS: Cree, Canada, Cahokia CS, America, Aztec, La Venta CS, Nazca CS, Inca, Maori, Brazil, Buenos Aires CS, Mapuche
ASIA: Mongolia, China (blends in), Korea, Japan, India, Hong Kong CS, Khmer, Kandy CS, Nan Madol CS, Indonesia, Auckland CS, Australia

Note that the ban list and CS list reflect which are available when the TSL only option is activated (here with the 60+ Basic Modern Civilizations mod).

(Don't notice the lack of colors, no idea what it works on first load only)
Spoiler :
upload_2020-4-15_23-25-12.png

And the Scenario Generator works better when you can (quickly) handpick a selection, here with "Relive World War"
Spoiler :
upload_2020-4-16_1-47-34.png

upload_2020-4-16_1-49-20.png

Next version will add a "Exclusion" mode for the CS selection, for a faster setup if you want any except a few.

From top to bottom:
AMERICAS: Cree, Canada, Cahokia CS, America, Aztec, La Venta CS, Nazca CS, Inca, Maori, Brazil, Buenos Aires CS, Mapuche
ASIA: Mongolia, China (blends in), Korea, Japan, India, Hong Kong CS, Khmer, Kandy CS, Nan Madol CS, Indonesia, Auckland CS, Australia
Thanks!

And small update (gitHub)
Code:
- Add "Exclusion list" option for the CityState selection. The game will use a random selection from the CS that are not checked in the list (following the other rules, like TSL only or slider's number)

And with that, I think I'm done with v8.0.0 features-side.

But I'd really appreciate some testing and feedback.

Giant Earth load with 62 civs, but crashes on reveal, so I'll go with a cropped version for now (YnAMP Generated Scenario + Basic Modern Civilization, South Border = Madagascar, North Border = North Europe)
Spoiler :
upload_2020-4-17_1-52-52.png

I'll post an update of Basic Modern Civilization later, I'm trying to figure the civilization color issues, and there was a nasty crash when loading a game with Sweden (from the mod) and GS activated, maybe related to a civilization tag in some of the base game .artdef... I don't know, changed the tag name on my side, working now.

That's huge indeed. I will try my best to test it tonight or tomorrow morning. One note, does this mean now in good case scenario, Giant Earth won't crash in the late game?

Top Bottom