YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Can't have a "if one's closed then open the other" option [...]
I do not ask for this. Seeing on the example maps always all 4 passages open, I think, it is an unfair advantage to the human player knowing he has guaranteed (or highly possible) passages without exploring a tiny bit. Also boring.

It would be perfect, if every passage could have eg. a 25% probability of being closed - independent of the others. Seldom _all_ passages open & VERY seldom _all_ passages closed.
The minimal ocean space should be "1" at small size, even without islands, and it scales up with bigger maps.
So one can see from the beginning where the constriction is. Maybe even "bridge" the ocean by settling a 1tile-island in the old world and building a harbour in the new world??

Where does Kupe start? I'd like the option he (or any other leader) could start in the new world (and try to run away).

I do not ask for this. Seeing on the example maps always all 4 passages open, I think, it is an unfair advantage to the human player knowing he has guaranteed (or highly possible) passages without exploring a tiny bit. Also boring.

It would be perfect, if every passage could have eg. a 25% probability of being closed - independent of the others. Seldom _all_ passages open & VERY seldom _all_ passages closed.
So one can see from the beginning where the constriction is. Maybe even "bridge" the ocean by settling a 1tile-island in the old world and building a harbour in the new world??

Where does Kupe start? I'd like the option he (or any other leader) could start in the new world (and try to run away).

Kupe starts East North East of New Zealand about a turn and a half from landfall on the second largest map.

Edit: Should have added "on TSL maps" I did not because I thought the discussion was about TSL and closing the poles.

Last edited:

It may be possible to add a quick option to not prevent land on poles, like normal maps, not sure, I'll see.

It's a minimum, could be more, and should not be the same region every time. I don't know what caused the "Canary Islands" artifact in the previous screenshots.

Near where the civ6 start positionner decide to place it when using the "Map Generator" or "Only Old World" options (ie an ocean plot anywhere on the map, without restrictions), and somewhere in the south Pacific (on an ocean tile, preferably without visible coasts tiles) when TSL is used.

Examples for Kupe (the green plot), using 2 scripts, default settings ("Only Old World", "CS allowed on NW"), but no islands.
Spoiler :
upload_2020-3-28_18-30-49.png
upload_2020-3-28_18-31-2.png
upload_2020-3-28_18-31-43.png

Reactions: cvb
Tested, I'll add the option to remove the north/south sea buffer at least for the "2 scripts" map shape setting, and the option to remove the tundra asymmetric limit on both the "2 scripts" and "multiple scripts" settings.
Spoiler :
upload_2020-3-29_1-29-23.png

The resources placement add-on is not compatible but most of the others should work, just ignore the compatibility warning.

No ETA for a fix, I have a lots of stuff with higher priority first.

And I won't "fix" those that are not reported broken.

New update (gitHub only, still beta testing)

Code:
- add option to remove the asymmetric limit for Tundra/Snow latitude and use the default map generator value
- add option to remove the north/south landmass buffer preventing land tiles blocking circumnavigation
- add options to import the reference map Terrain types and Features types where possible
- add back the pull down menu for map selection (so much faster), still keeping the button for the detailed screen in case anyone prefer to use it

Switching work back on the scenario generator now.

Are you guys able to launch games with more than 32-34 civs ?

I can. Game works fine up until turn 200ish.
Thanks for the report, I may have an issue with the 60+ civs mod and crashes on start with 30+ civs then.

So I'm switching to Relive World War to test the scenario generation settings.
Spoiler :
upload_2020-4-2_3-16-42.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-2_3-16-15.png
    upload_2020-4-2_3-16-15.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
Following the previous reports in the Terra Map thread and the new one on gitHub, I'm going to have a new look at resource generation with the Terra Map script, I'll try to add some more output for other related data (terrain types, including hills/mountains) on all maps to compare the stats here during the betas.

I apologize for the stupid question here but did the mod moved to another website, I've checked gitHub but the latest vs I was able to find under Gedemon was a Beta 7 from 2018, little help, please
:)

Thanks for reporting, was not obvious for me, but should have been, knowing some people goes directly on the gitHub page without looking here or on Steam first. I'll update the readme on gitHub too.

No need :) , I just have to use the mod because I love it, Giant earth is a must for me :D but I think it may conflict with something because I do not have any option to select (leaders, map, etc) when I create a game, I will try to see what the problem is cause I didn't saw people in the forum having this problem

Well I did not manage to make the mod work yet, the problem is not related to incompatibility with other mods that is for sure it probably has something to do with my vs of GS, If anyone is experiencing this issue or has a solution please let me know.
The Issue: I have no option when I try to create a game and I mean NO OPTIONS, no leader selection, no map selection, nos city states adjustment no nothing

Top Bottom