YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I can confirm that something's up with the Barbarians... Whenever a Barb camp is visible, I have to wait for like 2-3 minutes(!) for the next turn -- when it's usually less than 30 seconds. I didn't pay too much attention, but it seemed like only camps were causing this issue, not scouts or wandering units.

I can confirm that something's up with the Barbarians... Whenever a Barb camp is visible, I have to wait for like 2-3 minutes(!) for the next turn -- when it's usually less than 30 seconds. I didn't pay too much attention, but it seemed like only camps were causing this issue, not scouts or wandering units.

I wonder if it's the fact that you can see it or if the AI doing extra work for 'nearby' barbs. For instance, if you run reveal all does the game suddenly start taking 2-3min / turn?

With this map, the game seems insistent that I start on an island (Japan and Jakarta are especially popular) though it could just be a coincidence, helped by the fact that I've been rolling new games as Gilgamesh and those starting locations have rivers as well.

One thing I noticed was rather long load times on the giant map, even though I'm playing on a brand new gaming system, with my last venture ending with a freeze at turn 20.

Has anyone been able to play a significant amount of turns with this map? The furthest I've gotten is turn 35, where the game would freeze even after I restarted the game entirely. I have not had this issue with any other game.

Last edited:
With this map, the game seems insistent that I start on an island (Japan and Jakarta are especially popular) though it could just be a coincidence, helped by the fact that I've been rolling new games as Gilgamesh and those starting locations have rivers as well.

One thing I noticed was rather long load times on the giant map, even though I'm playing on a brand new gaming system, with my last venture ending with a freeze at turn 20.

Has anyone been able to play a significant amount of turns with this map? The furthest I've gotten is turn 35, where the game would freeze even after I restarted the game entirely. I have not had this issue with any other game.

I'm on turn 258 right now on ludicrous size and it works fine for me on an i7-6700k/16GB/GTX1080. Perhaps post your crash log here so people can help you out? What are your specs? The start locations do seem to follow a pattern (rolled 50+ starts as america, was always in mongolia, india, japan, indonesia, turkey, vietnam, germany (once), morocco(once) or mozambique (once)). However, TSL is on the way.

I'm on turn 258 right now on ludicrous size and it works fine for me on an i7-6700k/16GB/GTX1080. Perhaps post your crash log here so people can help you out? What are your specs? The start locations do seem to follow a pattern (rolled 50+ starts as america, was always in mongolia, india, japan, indonesia, turkey, vietnam, germany (once), morocco(once) or mozambique (once)). However, TSL is on the way.

I'm on an i7-6700HQ/12GB/GTX1060 system, but apparently that wasn't good enough to get my game beyond a certain point even on a "modest" huge map. I'd share my crash log but I have no idea where I would find it.

Set at 60, don't know if all are loaded, had more then 55 in my last test (that don't leave a lot of CS on the map...

random, but on a fixed map it's normal that the game's code decide that a specific position is a good starting plot every time.

I've added some number in the first post, I'll put the barbarians on my priority list when I'll start Lua scripting.

THANKS Gedemon!!
Then I'm not the only one. Thank god. Today I try to remove the barbarians and to see if another meeting civicltà gives me the same problem, or just a bug and the barbarians

Are you guys having the barbarian problem on JUST the earth map or also on Continents etc?
I too noticed turn times in over 2 minutes on just turn 45. Had some barbarian camps nearby but at the time i didnt pay attention to if they were in my vision or under fog of war.
Because sometimes the turns went quick as hell (well, 20 sec lol). But sometimes 2 minutes. Really inconsistent, so perhaps i had the same issue on my Giant Continents map.

First: ty all
Second: Giant map freeze after 45 round. 15 civ, play America, i7-4770, r9-270x, 16 gb, ssd

update/
yes i have a problem with the barbarian camp. +2 min loading time + maybe game freeze
normal loading time is 20-30 sec

Last edited:
Playing without barbarians seems to have solved the issue where my game would freeze completely, so I assume that was the reason behind it.

I did run into another apparent issue though, one that I've yet to see mentioned: my Scouts do not appear to gain any experience from exploring, something that they do get when I play on any other map. I'm not sure if the same goes for discovering such things as natural wonders though, but seeing as exploration of the map is a Scout's main source of XP, it would be a rather glaring issue.

thanks for making the map so quickly, as i only play historical maps. but this is one of the worst maps in terms of playability. the fact that its super large, still means countries like japan are left with a one-city island, and possibly the worst kind of capital one could imagine. same goes for many other countries, assuming they even spawn in the right place. iam not a dev of maps, but sometimes i wish i was because whoever designed this is either extremely shortsighted or lazy. everyone should know by now certain regions need to be enlarged...your super large map is actually an extremely small map for most nations

For those who had previously asked for a release ASAP, the above message is the reason why I try to not rush any.

For those who had previously asked for a release ASAP, the above message is the reason why I try to not rush any.

Exactly, good call. Although I am very excited to play with TSL.

Given the change to Cities in VI and the introduction of districts, do you plan to do anything for the smaller countries like England and Japan? So they are not limited to one city?

Thanks for your work, looking forward to a working release! :D

Exactly, good call. Although I am very excited to play with TSL.

Given the change to Cities in VI and the introduction of districts, do you plan to do anything for the smaller countries like England and Japan? So they are not limited to one city?

Thanks for your work, looking forward to a working release! :D
One step at a time, first we set TSL, then we see how it plays, then we fix the problems.

Barbarians are at the top of the list ATM

Japan and UK are already double sized relatively to the map scale, europe is at least 1.5 larger.

But yes reducing the city separation may not be a good fix with the districs, so we'll see if scaling up some areas can be done.

if you dont increase certain regions significantly, could you increase their yields per tile, like more resources?

for example, condensed regions like western europe with condensed cities should have much more resources and yields per tile than, say, russia.

i would also highly appreciate it if you made a europe map by the way...

I wonder if there's any way to disable barbarians when the game is already running? I've got a good game going as Germany in the jungles of Africa (nice change of pace that a jungle start is actually a blessing this time around! :D), but the barbarian wait issue is giving me some gray hairs atm. It's probably not doable, but hey, it never hurts to ask. ;)

As a minor heads-up, it seems that the great lakes of Africa (Victoria etc) have been 'lost in translation', i.e. they're not to be found on the map (the 'Giant' version).

I agree that the island nations will be very disadvantaged on the map as it is. It's balanced somewhat by not having to deal with barbarians, though. When I'll be making my map, I'll probably fill every coastal tile with fish resources near Japan and England -- although spending Builder charges on them might still be a questionable decision under most circumstances. I'm not sure if luxuries can be 'harvested' to make way for new districts; if not, then you should use bonus resources as a balancing factor instead, so there's (barely) enough room for districts on the islands in the late game.

Just played an amazing game on this map. Can't wait to start to mod in civs to make TSL way more balanced!

thanks for making the map so quickly, as i only play historical maps. but this is one of the worst maps in terms of playability. the fact that its super large, still means countries like japan are left with a one-city island, and possibly the worst kind of capital one could imagine. same goes for many other countries, assuming they even spawn in the right place. iam not a dev of maps, but sometimes i wish i was because whoever designed this is either extremely shortsighted or lazy. everyone should know by now certain regions need to be enlarged...your super large map is actually an extremely small map for most nations

This has got to be the most entitled post I've ever read on CFC. Does Xenforo come with an "award medal" function?

Hi and THANK YOU FOR THE MAP,
you are the best :)

... okay I also have that Barbarian Problem, without them NO PROBLEMs, with them, when you see them, some turns are 2-5min even at the start

Have a 980 TI, 16GB , i7-6700K 4.5Ghz !
tried the Large World Map, BUT IN MP setting with 16 AI !!!

WISH YOU THE BEST and much luck to find the bug/reason

Top Bottom