YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Shouldn't the Aztecs have Ethnicity set to North America? I know they are south of the US, but they are still part of North America.

AFAIK there are no ethnicity for North America in the game yet.

Has anyone else double checked if their recon units receive proper XP yet? I really do love the map, even when it's still very much in development, but Scouts forever destined to struggle with hills and forests are a bit of a gamebreaker for me.

Has anyone else double checked if their recon units receive proper XP yet? I really do love the map, even when it's still very much in development, but Scouts forever destined to struggle with hills and forests are a bit of a gamebreaker for me.

They gain XP. I think they only gain experience from Wonders and Goody Huts, not just actual exploring

Maybe I've just been having bad luck with goodie huts then and didn't realize it. It doesn't help that natural wonders are extra difficult to come by on this map, apparently.

FYI: Natural wonders are not spawning in the map

I tried adding them in using the in-game worldbuilder

So far I've managed to add crater lake, but the others don't appear to be possible. I think there is an issue with placing multi-tile wonders

Also, the map could benefit from the placing of appropriate cliff locations

Last edited:
Gedemon submitted a new resource:

YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 - A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

First alpha version released !

Features:
  • Giant map size (180x94) for all map script
  • Ludicrous Map Size (230x115) for all map script
  • Allows to set more than 50 Civilizations at those two sizes
  • A conversion of Genghis Kai's GEM (Hormigas version)
  • A conversion of NiRv4n4's Europe(Hormigas version)
  • A conversion of Greatest Earth Map by djvandyke
  • Culturally Linked Start Locations for all maps
  • True Starting Locations for some maps and Civilization (to be...

Read more about this resource...

Posting here for visibility. If you have extreme slow down problems when encountering barbarians, please leave your system info and test with the entire map revealed vs. when you are near barbs.

You can reveal the map by enabling the console and running 'reveal all'. To enable the console, go to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI and edit AppOptions.txt. Change EnableDebugMenu to 1. Use ~ (next to 1) to bring up the console once you open the game.

If you crashed and want to share the crash dump, go to your Civ VI install (often C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI) and then to the folder with the executable (often \Base\Binaries\Win64Steam). Grab the file CivilizationVI.exe.dmp. As far as we know the dump always stores your latest crash, so make sure the additional information you provide (i.e. what you were doing) corresponds to this.

Last edited:
Even when I put graphics on lowest level, game is still crashing moreless at the same time - few seconds after starting loading. I have Windows 8.1 x64bit, 8GB RAM, 2GHz processor. Thank you

hey gedemon, aachen isnt in the berlin area, its actually next to the rhine and next to cologne, just saying that i think its an oversight and you forgot to move the capital from berlin to aachen

Even when I put graphics on lowest level, game is still crashing moreless at the same time - few seconds after starting loading. I have Windows 8.1 x64bit, 8GB RAM, 2GHz processor. Thank you

The CPU may be your problem, depending on its number of cores. I don't think you will get these maps to work with something below a quadcore. The next thing might be V-RAM. The higher, the better.

The CPU may be your problem, depending on its number of cores. I don't think you will get these maps to work with something below a quadcore. The next thing might be V-RAM. The higher, the better.
I'd assume RAM or V-RAM, CPU problems would have been obvious at an earlier stage of the game, it might be tho (at least in my experience) that with simulation games that need a lot to be computed (ludicrous size probably needing about 20-30 minutes on a 2ghz laptop processors with four cores) that windows thinks that the game or application hung up while in fact it didn't (factorio with tons of mods, kerbal with tons of mods, mods with tons of mods and other things show this behaviour, I remember producing a dwarf fortress map on my notebook that took 25 minutes, while creating a far bigger map with 20 times the history length only took my dualcore (back then) 15 minutes)

but unless his cpu is missing certain instruction sets (which would make the game unstartable) it's doubtful to be a CPU problem

RAM at first glance seems okay, but if ludicrous size takes up to six gigabyte (private bytes, at least for me it only tends to have 2gb+ working set on 192x120)
it might be too much for his computer, win8.1 probably using well over 2gb already plus all the other small mods
if he has a laptop gpu solution with borrowed vram then it just won't be enough

anyhow trying out the map

also I think the dynamic or simultaneous turnphase would benefit the turn time a lot

sadly I haven't found a way yet to get it to run in sp (even when replacing all references and settings with the multiplayer ones and/or enabling it for singleplayer in it's own option)

the downside is obviously a short hang on each turn when all the city states and others move their armies

on which map(s)/size(s) ?

hey gedemon, aachen isnt in the berlin area, its actually next to the rhine and next to cologne, just saying that i think its an oversight and you forgot to move the capital from berlin to aachen
that first version use a direct import of civ5 starting positions, there is no TSL yet for the new civilizations and city states, they will be added in batches.

But capitals may be kept linked to civilizations instead of leaders, or changed when two Civilizations are to close of each other, one of the next step is to add the framework for a real city name components.

Hi! Any tips on how to start making maps, or converting them, or something? It would be great for the community to start working already on some maps with your help. Thanks!

That's what I would also like to know.

@Gedemon: I'd love to help you with placing cliffs on the maps. I have already plans where they could be appropriate without getting in the way of important coastal cities. Civ-players, who like realism do place cities roughly where their real locations are. That's what I assume at least. ;)

Edith says: I'm not far enough in the game to know if they even are an issue for building docks etc. but there are places where they are a must have (e.g. Bretagne, Norway, some parts of Portugal and Northern Spain etc.).

Last edited:
Is the "True Starting Location" Option just for the GreatestEarthMap or should it be possible to use it for the GiantEarthMap? I test both maps with japan and for the GreatestEarthMap the location was correct, but in the GiantEarthMap Japan start in the ocean. I start the game with the firetuner and it looks like the script takes the location from the GreatestEarthMap for the GiantEarthMap: "Map Script: Beginning True Location placement for GreatestEarthMap"
And the coordinates from my start location were 98/46, not 94/57.

And you takes the map source for the GiantEarthMap with the unbalanced strategic resources again...in the game it will be unrealistic, if one player can provide with one resource 5 players. You need just one resource to build as many units as you want, if you have the district for it.

Last edited:
Hornigas you have make a extraordinary maps in "play the worl ..." !!

Thanks for your job.

The TSL and TSL city-state was perfect and I have passed thousand hours of game with your map !

For INFO I have re-work her and I just changed the placement of ressources like the reality in Antiquité (ex : no horse in America, no Tea in France, No petrol in Spain etc ...) for 100% of correspondance with the reality !!

It's genious for my gameplay What I love.

When you make the same job for CIV VI ?? :)

Gedemon is ahead of time of You !!

Lol

BUG (probably): Advanced Game Setup - Map Options - the ressource dropdown is gone (replaced by linked start?)

Edit: In all standard map scripts - checking xml if I can fix it myself

Edit2: Rainfall Setting is missing too, guess those dependencies are wrong...

Edit3: jup, commented this part out and the dropdowns are back (fudgs up a few descriptions but at least I can build my map now :) )

<ParameterDependencies>
<!--
<Row ParameterId="Resources" ConfigurationGroup="Map" ConfigurationId="ResourcesPlacement" Operator="Equals" ConfigurationValue="PLACEMENT_DEFAULT"/>
<Row ParameterId="Rainfall" ConfigurationGroup="Map" ConfigurationId="FeaturesPlacement" Operator="Equals" ConfigurationValue="PLACEMENT_DEFAULT"/>
-->

Last edited:
Top Bottom