1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Thank you !

merged & updated on GitHub

2. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Yea I am crashing using enormous maps..

3. duchovka

duchovka Chieftain

Very strange. I don't use another mod, but I am on a Mac, I hope this is not a specific bug for this OS...

Changing the language didn't help, all the Settings were still visible. But the workaround with changing "Start Position Link" to "Random" worked great, thanks for this hint!

When using the "Euro" rulesets, I cannot choose a Leader, only Random is in the list. Might be a bug on my OS again...

Thanks for your help, the workaround does the trick for me at the moment.

4. Baleur

Baleur Prince

• add option on all map scripts (including scripts from external mod as long as AssignStartignPlot.Lua is not overridden) to prevent placement of ice adjacent to land, this should allow circumnavigation in most cases.

Awesome, so this works on the Detailed Maps mod's scripts as well?

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Yes, just tested on small continents at "ludicrous" size, circumnavigation is possible for north and south, even if the southern part of the land were below the ice limit :
    Clipboard-21.jpg

It will still not work in 100% of the cases, but it's far from common to have land stretched to the map's limits at both the north and the south (never seen that case in my tests, maybe with low sea level ?)

6. Stangle Khan

Stangle Khan Warlord

A random suggestion. Could you make an equivalent ruleset for just random maps? Like the Euro, Earth and Old World rulesets without the other effects needed to improve the playability of the specific maps.

7. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Which rules then ?
    Civs selection only ?

There is already a setting with just the Euro civs, I can add one similar rule for Old World.

8. yanks28th

yanks28th Chieftain

Amazing mod, thansk for making this so quickly. Any possibility of other maps being added? It would be terrific to have a map of just the Americas, Africa, the Middle East, or South East Asia/Australia.

9. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Thanks again Gedemon. My crash I think was related to some mod incompatibility. I am going to start a fresh Giant map Islands game and see how things fair.

10. PKL

PKL Chieftain

For some reason, .12 started to work, and my question is, how did you change Russia's TSL to the correct position on Giant Earth, when the real St. Petersburg is still located seven to eight "turns" away, by the coast?

11. Stangle Khan

Stangle Khan Warlord

The rules that aren't map specific. No stuff that removes City States now that I think about it. Basically:

Random 1: Small Scale
    • 2 tiles Min Distance between City
    - Common Rules

Random 2: Medium Scale

- Common Rules

Random 3: Large Scale
    • Double Movement on Ocean
    • Faster Movements on Roads
    • Raise Minimal distance between Civilizations
    - Common Rules

12. yoloswaggins

yoloswaggins Chieftain

I am crushing on great earth map, what do i have to do in order to fix this?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  13. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

1. Seriously? You want help but you won't provide details?

2. Read and follow instructions about checking hardware requirements, removing previous versions and other mods,
    and maybe turning off Windows Defender.

14. yoloswaggins

yoloswaggins Chieftain

maybe i wanted to get info on where can i read about that? Calm your pats, kid. I can't find thes instructions. Apart from that, I have an issue with th biggest map, once the map is loaded there are no pictures of units or pictures of nations. Also, the units are not coloured like tthey used to. (red for sparta, yellow for russia) they are jsut blank.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  15. geebo

geebo Prince

Hey Gedemon, as always thanks for your hard work. I been playing your maps/mods for at least 5 years now. If I recall, I gave you some of the idea to create a culturally linked starting locations mod for Civ V.

Quick question: Any chance the Pyrenees mountain range will not be considered the continent of America in the future on the Play Europe Map? As a Global History & Geography Teacher and lover of cartography this really irks me!

Thanks again, enjoy the holidays!

16. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

Got a CTD about halfway through a game playing on the Europe map in the latest version (13). Which logs are needed for diagnosis?

(I was able to play a full game on the previous version I was using (11))

17. duchovka

duchovka Chieftain

I'd like to second that. But there are a lot of other places with wrong continent attributes, too. E. g. Arabia should be Asia, not Africa. Turkey should be Asia as far as the Bosporus and the Caucasian Mountains.

Unfortunately, AFAIK I don't have access to World Builder on my Mac. But If someone knows, which part of which file includes the continent definitions, I could do it manually for the tiles in question.

18. Singapore_Brav

Singapore_Brav Chieftain

Gedemon - huge fan of the Map, have been playing it for many years. On this version, I seem to keep on crashing (Playing Marathon, Giant Map, All 19 Civs) between 550-750 turns. Not sure if it is my computer or not, but could get past this point on previous versions. I cant upload the LUA for some reason (not showing as an upload option - but have attached the save game at the turn I keep on crashing on the latest game. Its now happened 3 times.

Appreciate any guidance.

Attached Files:

19. williamchildress

williamchildress Chieftain

So I have been consistently crashing around the 200 +/- 50 turn cycle and have noticed several other folks whom are experiencing the same issue - I'm no programmer but others seem to think its related to this mod, which is awesome otherwise. So the question is then? Is this mod the culprit with the 150 to 200 turn crash? and if so, what can be done to fix it? and, of course, if this mod is not the culprit, what is? Anyway, do you have a place to post or send crash reports??? I save my most recent

20. williamchildress

williamchildress Chieftain

Here is a pdf of my crash repot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files: