1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

A compilation of maps and script with culturally linked start location or TSL

1. GabrielFM07

GabrielFM07 Chieftain

Crashing here too, both
    I've been thinking here and I think the problem may be the rules, I was lucky to get to the "information era" when I played on this map for the first time without crashing, and strangely when I tried to play another campaign the games always crashed in the same period (Very close to what you've highlighted). But there was a difference between the new campaigns and the first one, in all the games that crashed I used the mod rules and in all the games that did not crash (only 1) I used the stardard rules of the game itself. That's probably the problem. But I'm not 100% sure (in fact, not even 50% sure, it's just a theory)
    ̶S̶o̶r̶r̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶e̶n̶g̶l̶i̶s̶h̶

2. williamchildress

williamchildress Chieftain

I've been playing the Europe map and the big earth map (not the super size one), standard game rules, I play with around 10 AI Players, plentiful resources, no game turn end, ancient era start, import resources and features... several different games and all crash about this turn time. I just back installed to 0.10 and will see if that makes a difference but it is EXTREMELY frustrating having to all start over again - like 4th time I think...

3. Stooo

Stooo Chieftain

So i Crash early game as Gorgo if i close the Bosphorus Strait, then move settler one space south east and settle for a canal city. tested it with Rome too same crash.

4. RedWarrior3

RedWarrior3 Chieftain

Hi again Gedemon. There is another problem with Russia's TSL. Could you please fix this? I've written on this screenshot where Russia's TSL should be, and where it was in the earnier versions of your map.

Attached Files:

• y.png
      y.png
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  5. Barış1983

Barış1983 Chieftain

I am playing in Europe map but in the year 1440 the game crashes, how can ı solve this problem???
    Thank you:)

6. Larsenex

Larsenex King

Gedemon,

In your latest build Alpha .13, you list an option to limit ice to allow a greater chance to be able to circumnavigate the map. Is there something I need to do in Notepad or such to enable this? I am not sure if its 'on' by default and wanted it always on. In fact if I could limit ice to like 10 or less hexes at each pole that would (for me) be ideal.

7. SlightlyMad

SlightlyMad Prince

I just wanted to report that (at least using Greatest Earth Map) this mod seems to work flawlessly with the new patch & DLC. Playing as Poland right now and I even started in Poland and everything (guessing it somehow reused the civ5 start plot). Great work!

8. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

It would be great to add in the Viking DLC natural wonders:

Eyjafjallajökull -2 tiles
    Adjacent land plots yield +1 Culture and +2 Food.
    Uses placement rules like Yosemite

Giant's Causeway - 2 tiles
    Land combat units that enter adjacent plots receive the ability 'Spear of Fionn' (+5 combat strength).
    Uses unique placement rules

Lysefjord - 3 tiles
    Naval combat units that enter adjacent plots are granted their next promotion.
    Uses placement rules like Piopiopahti

Text source: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/new-patch-20-december.607584/page-3

9. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

In Map.xml in the corresponding map folder.

See second post for how to get the x, y value of the plot you want, I'd prefer the starting location to be Moscow (the name is changed accordingly in the rules)

not enough video ram.

added in the to do

from patch notes
    now I'll look again at crash reports, as long as they're coming from a game started with the new patch.

I'm waiting for a painting tool in a world builder.

This was made for cosmetic reasons in civ5 (the continents had no gameplay effect in civ5)

I'll have a look at this one

Why here ?

It's an option to check in the advanced setup screen, see screenshots with release notes for its effect.

Great to have new wonders for Europe :)

10. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

My crash was prior to the winter patch, so hopefully there will be no issues now. Looking forward to an update for compatibility with the new DLC!

11. RedWarrior3

RedWarrior3 Chieftain

Because according to the world map, it's the most geographically right place for Moscow. And besides, in earlier versions of your map Moscow was placed there.)))

Attached Files:

• y.png
      y.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
  12. Civfan1981nyc

Civfan1981nyc Chieftain

Which patch? Where do I download?

13. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

how would you place the rivers in that area ?

There is also a deformation from the map projection in this region, which projection are you using for comparaison ?

14. davbenbak

davbenbak Lackey

I got Scythia in Africa on the Play Europe again. Is anyone else having this problem? Also, now that I've revealed the map it looks like I could have added the Sumerians. Is there a list a civs that have set starting positions on this map? Missing some city states especially Vilna but not that big a deal now that the Poland DLC is out. It's just hard to use Germany's bonus against city states were there aren't many. Enough requests and questions for now...back to playing a great mod.

15. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Are you playing on a Mac ?

16. GameBoy2000

GameBoy2000 Warlord

Just wondering, but do you think that Poland will be compatible anytime soon? I know it just came out and you probably want to work on bug fixes and/or other stuff that behind the scenes, but I thought I'd just ask.

17. SlightlyMad

SlightlyMad Prince

I was playing last night and Poland worked fine on Greatest Earth Map. Started in the old civ5 location, I think.

18. Corto Maltese

Corto Maltese Chieftain

I have problems playing the ludicreous map after the winter patch installed. Think my version is 11. Anyone else having this prolem?

19. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Not tonight, maybe Friday if I can find enough time, else it won't be before next week.

I'm in the middle of some reorganization, and I can't just add the code for Poland TSL and release without testing that I haven't broken anything major with my other changes...

Yep, didn't clean the TSL on that map, it still has a lot of entries from civ5.

I should have kept Poland in the other files too, as it's not really a surprise DLC...

What's the problem for you exactly ?

I'm running an AI test game on that one since a few hours, everything seems fine (except the AI of course)

20. Corto Maltese

Corto Maltese Chieftain

The game crashes when other leaders contact me. Does not happen when i contact them. Previously the leader Graphics flickers and this has happended regardless of which Version of Your mods i have used.

Now just after the install of thewinter patch icons over units, cities also flicker. I only have this problems while playing the ludicreous map.

I am running my Graphics on a XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB GDDR5. Maybe changing to a 8 GB GPU may help?

GabrielFM07 likes this.