• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I would happily buy the dlc for him, As im from N,Ireland and would love to see the natural wonder put into the europe and world maps of his, Is that ok Gedemon ?

That would be nice of you and I think his Steam name is the same, as I checked it now , but please wait until @Gedemon confirms !
Not that it is another person :)
and thanks also from my side ...
as I was playing with them, without success, but my brother said once he had that vulcan shown up ???

PLAYEUROPE AGAIN

NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_EYJAFJALLAJOKULL"].Index] = { X = 12, Y = 89}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_LYSEFJORDEN"].Index] = { X = 42, Y = 71}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_GIANTS_CAUSEWAY"].Index] = { X = 22, Y = 70}

But if that is Giants Causeway , isn't it placed wrong side from Firaxis ?

Last edited:
That would be nice of you and I think his Steam name is the same, as I checked it now , but please wait until @Gedemon confirms !
Not that it is another person :)
and thanks also from my side ...
as I was playing with them, without success, but my brother said once he had that vulcan shown up ???

PLAYEUROPE AGAIN

NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_EYJAFJALLAJOKULL"].Index] = { X = 12, Y = 89}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_LYSEFJORDEN"].Index] = { X = 42, Y = 71}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_GIANTS_CAUSEWAY"].Index] = { X = 22, Y = 70}

But if that is Giants Causeway , isn't it placed wrong side from Firaxis ?

Aye it should be placed north coast of N,Ireland, portrush area, ive included a screen shot of where on the map it should be, Also like you said it looks upside down in that picture you added it should be facing north into the sea.

Attachments

• gb-GiantsCauseway-map-large.gif
    gb-GiantsCauseway-map-large.gif
    28.2 KB · Views: 399
  • causeway-coast-holiday-park-5.jpg
    causeway-coast-holiday-park-5.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:
... fun with my Coordinates (22-70 and 22-69) it placed it there BUT without graphics
... so it will be a hard work, as the graphics has to be rotated :-( , stupid Firaxis
upload_2017-1-11_22-3-33.png

Okay the Vulcan is really working, nothing to do on the Europe Map ...

upload_2017-1-11_22-32-16.png

and the Norway Natural Wonder didn't even showed up :-(

Last edited:
... fun with my Coordinates (22-70 and 22-69) it placed it there BUT without graphics ... so it will be a hard work, as the graphics has to be rotated :-( , stupid Firaxis
View attachment 463145

It may look ok the way Firaxis has it, as alot of the Volcanic rock is inland also, And yes you are in the correct position for it in your screen shot, maybe even add a mountain beside the wonder or a few hills to make it stand out more natural looking. EDIT.. yes i see what you mean, it would need rotated, as the south of the wonder is under water.

Attachments

• giants-causeway-shutterstock_215093251.jpg
    giants-causeway-shutterstock_215093251.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 81
... fun with my Coordinates (22-70 and 22-69) it placed it there BUT without graphics
... so it will be a hard work, as the graphics has to be rotated :-( , stupid Firaxis
View attachment 463145

Okay the Vulcan is really working, nothing to do on the Europe Map ...

View attachment 463148

and the Norway Natural Wonder didn't even showed up :-(

there is a 2nd scandinavian wonder added also, the Lysefjord , with the 2 scandinavian wonders and the northern ireland wonder added, europe map would look great

there is a 2nd scandinavian wonder added also, the Lysefjord , with the 2 scandinavian wonders and the northern ireland wonder added, europe map would look great

yeah tried already 3 positions, didn't even showed up once ...

should be around here ,,, but maybe needs a lake hex ???
upload_2017-1-11_22-54-20.png

and there is even a 4th "hidden one" from the Viking Scenario "VINLAND" !!!

So this 4th natural wonder COULD BE PLACED anywhere here in Canada :)

http://www.canadianmysteries.ca/sites/vinland/whereisvinland/isvinlandhere/indexen.html

Ahhh seems there is only one place, according to that site, where it should be ...
so should work for the GIANT EARTH MAP ...
http://www.timothystephany.com/vinland.html

Last edited:
I would happily buy the dlc for him, As im from N,Ireland and would love to see the natural wonder put into the europe and world maps of his, Is that ok Gedemon ?
I do like it's potential but I'm not enjoying the game ATM, so as I said I do not plan to buy any DLC until I know what the real modding capability are.

But I'm not going to refuse a gift if it can help modding, I may be able to add the natural wonders without the DLC, the placement rules are in the vanilla game's files I think, but being able to test the code directly is a plus :)

(and yes same user name on steam)

@Gedemon: I was unable to recreate the crash when I download “Alpha .16” so it seem to be working now for me. I did not change anything and all I did was restart my computer for today.

I do like it's potential but I'm not enjoying the game ATM, so as I said I do not plan to buy any DLC until I know what the real modding capability are.

But I'm not going to refuse a gift if it can help modding, I may be able to add the natural wonders without the DLC, the placement rules are in the vanilla game's files I think, but being able to test the code directly is a plus :)

(and yes same user name on steam)

[URL='https://www.google.co.uk/search?espv=2&biw=2560&bih=1310&q=If+i+purchase+the+vikings+content+DLC+for+you,+would+you+be+able+to+put+the+giants+causeway+into+the+world+and+europ+map+gedemon?+the+problem+is+firaxis+has+the+natural+wonder+facing+south+where+in+the+world+map+it+needs+to+be+facing+north+at+top+of+n,ireland,+is+there+a+way+to+rotate+the+wonder+to+fit+it+on,&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwizxqa3vbzRAhUELsAKHQ-GBcwQvwUIFygA']If I purchase the Vikings content DLC for you, would you be able to put the giants causeway into the world and Europe map gedemon? the problem is firaxis has the natural wonder facing south where in the world map it needs to be facing north at top of n,ireland, is there a way to rotate the wonder to fit it on, the scandinavian wonders would also be a bonus, but its the Giants Causeway wonder what catches my eye it would make the map look amazing.[/URL]

@Gedemon Q: to the costum.sql and .xml files ...
atm I would also need a .lua file, as I moved one natural wonder and trying to add that 4 new ones, but only was able to place that vulcan :) , also on the different maps ...
but as you have now the DLC it isn't necessary any longer :) ...

I will try if I understand it, how to use that files correct !
Thanks for your work

brilliant, can't wait till i get to play on the europe and world maps with the cause way in it, thanks again gedamen
On it, looks good so far...

@Gedemon Q: to the costum.sql and .xml files ...
atm I would also need a .lua file, as I moved one natural wonder and trying to add that 4 new ones, but only was able to place that vulcan :) , also on the different maps ...
but as you have now the DLC it isn't necessary any longer :) ...

I will try if I understand it, how to use that files correct !
Thanks for your work
Lua files doesn't work like the database initialization files which are sql and XML, you can't just add one and make it replace what's in another one, especially as we can't include custom Lua file into another one ATM

Which ruleset should I choose to lower city distances to 2?
any "small scale"

Top Bottom