YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I downloaded this MOD, installed it, when i tried to play it, i get an error message after 10 sec. loading a game, no matter what i try to change, different map, how many players, starting positions. nothing helps, after 10 sec. loading.... error message appears and i'm throwed back to desktop

after an hour i give up... this MOD just don't want to work.....

aha, i'm having special charecters in my windows user name.... so that must be the reason

scenario workaround did't fix it, it still crashes, i guess i'll just need to wait until user name character bug is fixed, same problem was with GTA V when it was published couple years back, it took rockstars games 3 weeks to fix that problem

I have never had a CTD using GEM at ludicrous size.

Did you delete the cache directory, all .txt, .json, and .log files before installing?
What graphic settings are you using? Can your card handle what you use?

Hi folks.

having high end gaming PC and since beta 1 game is very laggy like low FPS. Havent that issue with alpha versions. is this common or?

Playing Giant map with 21 nations,

It is if you don't reduce the graphic quality, and turn off leader animations.

Since I installed Beta 1 the game doesnt wanna to start a new game. I choose the advanced settings, 12 civs, pick my civ and start the game but before goes to civ loading screen it gets black screen for about 5 seconds and then it crashes. When I uninstalled the mod it worked normally.
Mods being used

Attachments

• mods.png
    mods.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 245
Since I installed Beta 1 the game doesnt wanna to start a new game. I choose the advanced settings, 12 civs, pick my civ and start the game but before goes to civ loading screen it gets black screen for about 5 seconds and then it crashes. When I uninstalled the mod it worked normally.
Mods being used

Try uninstalling MOAR, TCS, 8 ages mods.

Ynaemp works beautifully for me with AI+.

In fact, clear out the directories and files I recommended in previous posts , and reinstall Ynaemp and AI+ only.

Is there a way of allowing all city states to the giant map? it always seems to generate a few not all.

Try uninstalling MOAR, TCS, 8 ages mods.

Ynaemp works beautifully for me with AI+.

In fact, clear out the directories and files I recommended in previous posts , and reinstall Ynaemp and AI+ only.
Uninstalled The mods you asked and still crashed.

Tried then with only YnAMP mod and also crashed so I think it is the mod it self that is causing the crash.

Is it suppose to have all the YnAMP files? It may be causing a compatibily error when the game activate all of them at once?

Edit: Yeah it is, after I deactivate some of the options it worked. Since the game imediatly activate all mods installed it can be a pretty annoying.

Last edited:
Uninstalled The mods you asked and still crashed.

Tried then with only YnAMP mod and also crashed so I think it is the mod it self that is causing the crash.

Is it suppose to have all the YnAMP files? It may be causing a compatibily error when the game activate all of them at once?

Edit: Yeah it is, after I deactivate some of the options it worked. Since the game imediatly activate all mods installed it can be a pretty annoying.

It might be that. I hope so. :)
There might also be several other reasons, including your graphics card capability and graphic settings ( which you didn't provide).

It might be that. I hope so. :)
There might also be several other reasons, including your graphics card capability and graphic settings ( which you didn't provide).
It was because of that I tried a new game with some of the options disabled and it worked fine.

I have never had a CTD using GEM at ludicrous size.

Did you delete the cache directory, all .txt, .json, and .log files before installing?
What graphic settings are you using? Can your card handle what you use?

No, i didn't delete cache directory, got to try if that helps, basic game works with no problems, my graphics card is Nvidia 970 GTX 4gb, so i think it will do fine for this game

No, i didn't delete cache directory, got to try if that helps, basic game works with no problems, my graphics card is Nvidia 970 GTX 4gb, so i think it will do fine for this game

You don't have to delete the directory. Just delete the two .sqlite files.

A 4Gb card should be fine, as long as you use lower quality graphic settings.
Disabling leader animations can help, too.

You don't have to delete the directory. Just delete the two .sqlite files.

A 4Gb card should be fine, as long as you use lower quality graphic settings.
Disabling leader animations can help, too.

no help from any of those advices, but thanks anyway

It was because of that I tried a new game with some of the options disabled and it worked fine.
do you know which one(s) caused the issues ?

no help from any of those advices, but thanks anyway
have you also removed YnAMP from the mods folder to keep only the version installed in the scenario folder ?

if yes, I'd like to see your lua.log

Have you had a look at the changes on github? Gedemon said that he had changed some of the rivers in Russia.
This was on update Alpha .16, I have Beta .1 now.

It automatically gives you Saint Petersburg as the first city name again, but you start in Moscow's position. The rivers are different around where Saint Petersburg is supposed to be this time, but there are less tiles where you could build river dependent buildings, than before. Lake Ladoga, the largest lake in Europe, is still only one tile. There are also no sea resources in the coastal tiles by where Saint Petersburg should be.

do you know which one(s) caused the issues ?
Not really since when it was crashing all modules was activated and now only the maps pack, Closer Cities, Condiform Earth, Faster Border Growth, Faster Movement, and more CS to world and Europe.

But it was most likely a conflict error between some of the modules such as Only European Civilizations and Only Old World Civilization.

This was on update Alpha .16, I have Beta .1 now.

It automatically gives you Saint Petersburg as the first city name again, but you start in Moscow's position. The rivers are different around where Saint Petersburg is supposed to be this time, but there are less tiles where you could build river dependent buildings, than before. Lake Ladoga, the largest lake in Europe, is still only one tile. There are also no sea resources in the coastal tiles by where Saint Petersburg should be.

As you have no doubt seen, Gedemon is taking a break for a while, so don't expect
to see the changes which you want soon.
Can you modify the tiles yourself to what you think would be a more realistic
representation of that region? If not, then could you sketch out some form
of realistic representation of that region?

No way.... roll back to last alpha where full graphic quality was not issue.

This need tunning, if modder want some logs for analyzes let me know, I can create when you tell me how.
Are you using other mods ?

Not enough Video RAM maybe (4 GB won't allow high setting and giant maps, even 6 GB are not enough for that), especially as I have the impression that the winter's patch have raised the memory usage.

If going back to a previous version fix it for you, I have no idea of the cause, YnAMP only affect the game at start, it's not running after.

Not enough Video RAM maybe (4 GB won't allow high setting and giant maps, even 6 GB are not enough for that), especially as I have the impression that the winter's patch have raised the memory usage.

If going back to a previous version fix it for you, I have no idea of the cause, YnAMP only affect the game at start, it's not running after.

Hi, I have encountered a strange problem.. The game runs fine, no slowdowns or crashes, but.. the background of some pieces of the user interface vanished for example (e.g.: the background of the units icons or the background of the city name, the minimap does not work and the leaders models show up in a strange grey purple mode..

If this is a problem of this last beta of YnAMP could you please tell me where or how can I find the last alpha where the graphic quality is not an issue?

Thank you. : )

Having 2x1080 in SLI, 8core i7 64GB ram...

Mods which I am using except yours is Production Queue and AI+. I tried all mod combo but only working state I found in last alpha.
Is there any way I can run some log/trace for you? (having IT backround)

Top Bottom