YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

1) delete all saved files and the mod.
2) Clear your trash
3) restart your computer
4) reinstall the mod.
5) play new game with barbarians OFF.

seems like all the crashes are due to barbarians. either it happens when the AI acts with a barbarian or it's the barbarian's turn.

FIXES ALL MY CRASHES. EZ.

Repeated city name, Ged.

Giant Earth, Beta 1 (marathon)

I'm using the actual names option, without generic box checked, and my Russia has two Smolensks. As an interesting note, only one shows up in my trade lists and reports. I settled both.

Don't think it matters, but I'm also using extra city-states, 2 tile spacing, and TSL - but I'm not enforcing it (settlers can move - a must for any Russian player).

For some reason I thought the Russian start had been moved, but in Beta its in the same spot as Alpha 7 (the version I have been playing). Not a biggie, as either way I would move to 1 tile right of the 1 tile lake where the tundra starts, and the current start position is MUCH better than the terrible St. Pete's would be.

Kongo is still a juggernaut. I have yet to play a game where Egypt isn't just power smashed by Kongo (85%) or Arabia (15%) right off the bat. And I have yet to play a game where Kongo doesn't have 10-15 cities by the Renaissance, while most civs are lucky to have 3-5. But I'm more concerned about Egypt's longevity. With 1 upt, it is a massive massive massive pain to march an army from France or Russia (my two mainstays) all the way to Kongo and Egypt to liberate Cleo. I wish she had some shot at success. The map puts the arguably strongest civ right next to the arguably weakest one, and gives the strongest civ 1) a phenom start, 2) just about every amenity possible, and 3) room to expand, while the weakest civ gets 1) desert and 2) is sandwiched between two hostile civs.

Is there any way to help Egypt out with her start?

This last game it was awesome to see Gilgamesh take Cairo - both Egypt AND Arabia were wiped out by about turn 5 (it seemed), which put Summeria and Kongo on a shared border. And they fought! Kongo declared. Kongo with 12 cities vs. Gilgamesh with 2. And Kongo couldn't even take one city. I was amazed! I know how hard it can be to fight Kongo in the jungle. Donkeycarts vs. Spearchuckers. Hmmm. I guess my early military is pretty heavily based on archers though, and Gilgamesh's is probably not.

Anyway, game is running smoothly with no barbs, and video memory turned down (no leader animations). Made another daring attempt at Ludicrous, but I hit that problem where mini map doesn't work, and there is no background to city/unit names. I have trouble with GC III's supersized galaxies too (sound shuts off after so many colonizations).

I've yet to play more than 1 game through industrial on marathon... so its possible that Europe is just getting warmed up.

As for other changes, walls are expensive. I'd love to see you do an add-on where all capitals get free and auto-upgraded walls. And maybe x2 health.

This is all observation of course, not a complaint - I remain a huge and grateful fan.

edit: interestingly, the Smolensk that shows up in the trade route window (like when you want to move a trader to a new city) is the one I settled first, but the one that shows up on the reports window is the second one.

Last edited:
Also: No barbs, virus checker off, not online.

No barbs I get. But virus checker off and not online? Why? I'd love to play ludicrous, but I can't seem to handle it.

How do you block steam while playing the game?

Seem my post above, but currently I get some bugs right off the bat on Ludicrous.

Last edited:
No barbs I get. But virus checker off and not online? Why?

Some people mentioned that Windows Defender caused problems
a few weeks ago.
I started playing without virus check (I use Avira) and playing offline,
and I kept that going to see how new releases affected the game
with that identical set-up. I have never had a crash during a game with
any release of Ynaemp, so I didn't want to tempt fate by changing. :)
(I have had crashes when I had a brief look at MOAR and some variant
of Cgui, but I don't count those.)

How do you block steam while playing the game?

Simple. I pull the cable out of the back of the computer so
it's not connected to the net.

Crash confirmed, it seem to happens at the beginning of Russia turn, but no idea of the cause.

I'd like more savegame from other players just before a crash during the AI turn in beta .1, to see if it's related to a specific area of a map.

Please also note that Civilization 6 activate ALL new mods by default, but you MUST select only the YnAMP components you want to play with, some are not meant to be activated together, but I have no way to block them ATM.

For example you need only one of the "More CS" component activated, same for the Old World / Only Europe components.

I note to do a boucle for the Neva river next time I work on the map (which may not be "soon", as said I'm only dealing with game breaking bugs during my "modding break")

Crashing with all maps ?

I'd like the lua.log from after a crash please (but I don't know where to find it on a mac)

Thank you for looking into this. I started another game with the beta version, and took your suggestions of turning off possible conflicting aspects of the mod. This time the game crashed on turn 156. I'm attaching the save right before the crash, and what I hope is the lua.log. Ive never loacted it before, but this was the only thing in the lua/logs file. It wont let me attach this file, so i will copy it into here:

EDIT: copying the log took up way to much space. What is the best way to share the lua.log?

Hope this helps, I will try one more game just to see.

Attachments

• SALADIN 156 900 AD - Crash.Civ6Save
    4.6 MB · Views: 222
Last edited:
When it mention GEM on the updates is it refering to Greatest Earth Map or Giant Earth Map?

Thank you for looking into this. I started another game with the beta version, and took your suggestions of turning off possible conflicting aspects of the mod. This time the game crashed on turn 156. I'm attaching the save right before the crash, and what I hope is the lua.log. Ive never loacted it before, but this was the only thing in the lua/logs file. It wont let me attach this file, so i will copy it into here:

EDIT: copying the log took up way to much space. What is the best way to share the lua.log?

try:
1) delete all saved files and the mod.
2) Clear your trash
3) restart your computer
4) reinstall the mod.
5) play new game with barbarians OFF.

seems like all the crashes are due to barbarians. either it happens when the AI acts with a barbarian or it's the barbarian's turn.

FIXES ALL MY CRASHES. EZ.

Any plan to create a smaller verions of Europe without Northern Sweden/North Russia?
All the civs are located "close" to mediterranean it creates a big space for no one there.

As Agonistis said, It's hard to play much less win as Egypt when critical resources spawn in the flood plains and thus can not be improved. Also annoying when Cairo is settled by Arabia. It takes several veteran spies to keep Congo and Brazil at bay. Constantly stealing techs and sabotaging rocketry and production is the only chance you have.

I want to edit this map, to add resources like in real life, to expand europe and shorten other continents, and to add more city states.
Which tools I need to do this?

As Agonistis said, It's hard to play much less win as Egypt when critical resources spawn in the flood plains and thus can not be improved. Also annoying when Cairo is settled by Arabia. It takes several veteran spies to keep Congo and Brazil at bay. Constantly stealing techs and sabotaging rocketry and production is the only chance you have.

Well, I certainly don't think its a challenge to play AS Cleo. For a human player, that is a nice start.

The issue is that its too hard to keep her alive. Give her a fighting chance. Overall, the map needs some resource balance tweaking. Maybe 1 or 2 four- or even five- point plots, excluding gold, for more civs, and making sure every civ has a decent mix in row one.

Are some civ's going to be harder to play that others? Sure when you use TSL on a fairly accurate world map given the civ's currently available to populate the map. I would like to think though that a good player could win as any of them. I've been playing since Civ 1 and I consider myself a good player. Maybe I played too much Rhys and Fall but I do like to try to win with each civ using their unique abilities. So far I've won with Germany, Russia, China, Rome, Greece, Sumeria, Brazil, Aztecs and the U.S. but after numerous attempts can not get going with Egypt with the Ynamp mod. I usually have to quit after the finally getting to the industrial age because by then the writing is on the wall. If anyone has any tips please share them. I might be digging a bit of a hole for myself in that I have created the Rhys type goals for myself of founding a religion, building the pyramids and founding Alexandria in the strongest location possible that is nearly historically accurate, well one hex in from the coast line and building the Great Lighthouse.

Well, this side convo is getting to be a thread unti itself - "Playing as Cleo on the yeti map" - but... Civ VI is not a challenging game beyond the random crazy freak zergs that can happen by turn 3. Treat Cleo and her start like any other.

What makes the difference between a human and the ai, at that start, is the human can move the settler, and a human should be buying tiles. Cleo is building sphinxes.

On a side note... with this beta I've seen Uruk settled in 2 or 3 different places. Looks like he likes to move his settler north and south.

I'm hoping for a little guidance.

Firstly, thanks to Gedemon for all his hard work. This mod is simply amazing. With that being said, I can't quite configure the game/mod to my liking and was hoping some people here could provide some insight. I have read every page of the thread, but still can't really figure out the answers to my questions, so here goes...

Ideally, I'd like to play the "Largest Earth" map, which my PC can handle fine (I was able to run it fine the past week, despite having the graphics issues everyone has been seeing on that map with the transparent unit icons and city badges, etc.), but the past day or so it CTD's every time I try to create a new game during the loading screen.

Alternatively, I would be willing to play the "Greatest Earth Map" if I can somehow get Amsterdam, Brussels, and Geneva to all spawn (I want to play as Germany). I am aware of the 1.5 hard coded CS issue, and continually set the amount of Civ's to 25 or more, but the results are always inconsistent. I have yet to see all 3 of those CS's on the same map (unless I use an XML posted by someone earlier in this thread, but then tile names don't match the cities correctly), and wondering if that is even possible.

Another thing I noticed is a lot of talk in the thread about Rulesets, yet I only have the standard ones in the game. Were those removed recently?

Thanks to anyone that can provide some help with this.

The lua.log won't help in that case, but thanks for the save.

As the last one it happens at the very beginning of an AI turn (Poland this time), but still no idea of what may cause it.

Who else got crashes ?
What combination of components are you using ?
Is only the Giant Earth affected ?

When it mention GEM on the updates is it refering to Greatest Earth Map or Giant Earth Map?
Giant Earth Map, it was commonly used for civ4 IIRC, but I'll be specific in future updates.

I'm hoping for a little guidance.

Firstly, thanks to Gedemon for all his hard work. This mod is simply amazing. With that being said, I can't quite configure the game/mod to my liking and was hoping some people here could provide some insight. I have read every page of the thread, but still can't really figure out the answers to my questions, so here goes...

Ideally, I'd like to play the "Largest Earth" map, which my PC can handle fine (I was able to run it fine the past week, despite having the graphics issues everyone has been seeing on that map with the transparent unit icons and city badges, etc.), but the past day or so it CTD's every time I try to create a new game during the loading screen.

Alternatively, I would be willing to play the "Greatest Earth Map" if I can somehow get Amsterdam, Brussels, and Geneva to all spawn (I want to play as Germany). I am aware of the 1.5 hard coded CS issue, and continually set the amount of Civ's to 25 or more, but the results are always inconsistent. I have yet to see all 3 of those CS's on the same map (unless I use an XML posted by someone earlier in this thread, but then tile names don't match the cities correctly), and wondering if that is even possible.

Another thing I noticed is a lot of talk in the thread about Rulesets, yet I only have the standard ones in the game. Were those removed recently?

Thanks to anyone that can provide some help with this.
I had the transparent icons problem since the winter patch, updating my video drivers seems to have fixed it for now. I do had a few crash on loading this one, but just tried it 3 times with no crashes right now (no other mods enabled except R.E.D)

You may have to delete some other CS to have those 3 on the map, but you may also need to check the Map.xml in case I forgotten or removed TSL for those.

Don't use "Enforce TSL" when you are trying to have close CS on a map, the script may remove them if they are too close.

Any plan to create a smaller verions of Europe without Northern Sweden/North Russia?
All the civs are located "close" to mediterranean it creates a big space for no one there.
I don't plan any new features ATM. If someone is motivated, the Cordiform Earth is here to serve as an example on how to add a new map from civ5 (or civ6 internal worldbuilder) for YnAMP, and I'll provide help if required, but (very) basic lua coding, XML editing and knowing how to use use the firetuner are prerequisites.

I want to edit this map, to add resources like in real life, to expand europe and shorten other continents, and to add more city states.
Which tools I need to do this?
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-launch-the-ingame-worldbuilder.600327/

I had the transparent icons problem since the winter patch, updating my video drivers seems to have fixed it for now. I do had a few crash on loading this one, but just tried it 3 times with no crashes right now (no other mods enabled except R.E.D)

You may have to delete some other CS to have those 3 on the map, but you may also need to check the Map.xml in case I forgotten or removed TSL for those.

Don't use "Enforce TSL" when you are trying to have close CS on a map, the script may remove them if they are too close.

Thanks for the help and quick response.

What is the cleanest way to delete CS's? I can't seem to do it properly.

Thanks for the help and quick response.

What is the cleanest way to delete CS's? I can't seem to do it properly.
Edit Rules.sql in "YnAMP - Remove Close CS"

When I create a new game with the "Giant" map, I do not have all civilizations choices when setting up the game :sad: Is a known bug?

Top Bottom