YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

I am sure my computer should be alright
16 GB RAM
Intel I-7
NVIDIA GTX970M

I did have Windows Defender ON so I will try shutting that off completely.

What did you mean by incompatibility by choosing old world CIVs?
I was just specifically selecting all the civ's myself in to the slots for players and excluding: America, Aztec's and Brazil

Yes, your computer looks fine. As long as you have all graphics at low, and turn off
leader animations.

Sorry, I thought you might have chosen an Old World mod within Ynaemp as well as GEM.

Defender affected some people but not all. Good luck!

Sorry for the dumb question, but... how do I actually start the game with this mod?

I put the stuff in the mods folder. I went in additional content and checked off YNAMP (specifically, the thing that has the description "LOC_YNAMP_TEASER", is that the right thing?). I go to single player and then advanced setup. But what do I do from there? If I do ruleset, I don't see YNAMP. If I choose maps, I see earth map but its the actual firaxis earth map. If I choose the firaxis earth map, it doens't let me change map sizes to the ones in the map pack.

I see Cardioform as an option but if I select it it instantly stops responding until I kill the game (at least, I waited about 2 minutes, I assume it won't load longer than that). This makes me think I'm missing some file but I don't know what. I have the zip from the first page selected all the components except "only europe" and "only new world".

Edit: I downloaded the version from here:
http://civ6mods.com/2016/11/ynamp-yet-not-another-maps-pack-civ6-alpha-9/
And it works. Additionally the YNAMP in the mods menu now has a full description (it says "Maps with true or culturally linked start locations"). Maybe the beta link in this thread has something missing, or I'm an idiot and forgot the right file somewhere...?
Which version of the game are you using ?

Ged, u didnt do anything that involves victory conditions, right? I have all the vc turned off.
nothing changed here.

I've brought up this issue before. How could I modify one of your maps, and use your rules with that modified map, when the map saves as a .Civ6Map? I was not able to find that answer on your thread about importing a Civ 5 map, or the one about launching the in-game World Builder.
I use script, not civ6map, see the comments near the end of the modified AssignStartingPlots.lua file in the mod for the code used to export/import

Any chance you could look into/fix why this mod is incompatible with Chao's Quick UI? Both are as awsome as each other but I hate having to choose between them and Chao says he's not giong to fix it.
Like me I suppose he is a bit puzzled about what kind of coding hell could cause an incompatibility between a map mod and an UI mod.

Fixing this would require me to examine his code and him to examine my code, I suppose neither of us has time for that ATM.

And to everyone having crashes, sorry, no luck so far in founding a cause.

I'd suggest to try the suggestion here to skip through the crashing turn, if you manage to find which AI is crashing.

And to everyone having crashes, sorry, no luck so far in founding a cause.

I'd suggest to try the suggestion here to skip through the crashing turn, if you manage to find which AI is crashing.

Thanks for the link Ged. Might give it a try. I'm not, btw, blaming the crash on the map. I cheated and posted here because so many smart techies hang out in here, and felt I could get away with it since I happen to be using the GEM. Still a devoted fan of your work!

Which version of the game are you using ?

nothing changed here.

I use script, not civ6map, see the comments near the end of the modified AssignStartingPlots.lua file in the mod for the code used to export/import

Like me I suppose he is a bit puzzled about what kind of coding hell could cause an incompatibility between a map mod and an UI mod.

Fixing this would require me to examine his code and him to examine my code, I suppose neither of us has time for that ATM.
The first time I used Ctrl + F on the file over a day ago, I couldn't find "import" or "export" anywhere in the file for some reason. What part would I modify, and how?

The first time I used Ctrl + F on the file over a day ago, I couldn't find "import" or "export" anywhere in the file for some reason. What part would I modify, and how?
If a search on import or export bring you nothing then you're not searching in the correct file. It's the file from the mod, but you don't change anything in it it's just that I've put the code there for reference, you use it to export the map data in the lua.log and then edit and format the data to insert it in a mapscript file. Then the AssignStartingPlots from the mod import the data from the mapscript when starting a new game.

I'll try to post an update of my tutorial for importing civ5 maps to include civ6 using the Cordiform Earth as an example next week if the sdk is still not released then.

Because it's a bit complex ATM and require to use the Firetuner.

Last edited:
Would it be possi le to extend Berlin and London and maybe Paris. The typical capitals are Reading, Frankfurt and Tours right now....

The earth maps tend to bog down the turn processing, but I still enjoy some of the settings in this mod, especially the rule options for barbarians and movement. So I like to run this mod for use with larger Continents maps to enable those options.

I noticed that games using those rulesets typically eliminate the DLC city-states and/or wonders. Is that a side-effect of removing Brussels and Geneva? Is there any way to carve out a sub-mod that uses just the barbarian spawn changes and enhanced movement for use on regular (i.e., non-earth) maps? I'm indifferent to the CS changes (which I assume exist to declutter Europe for TSL purposes), and I want to improve the odds of seeing some of the DLC CS in my games without having the barb camps choke up turn processing.

Thanks for all your good work on these mods BTW.

Would it be possi le to extend Berlin and London and maybe Paris. The typical capitals are Reading, Frankfurt and Tours right now....
Even when using the "enforce TSL" option ?

The earth maps tend to bog down the turn processing, but I still enjoy some of the settings in this mod, especially the rule options for barbarians and movement. So I like to run this mod for use with larger Continents maps to enable those options.

I noticed that games using those rulesets typically eliminate the DLC city-states and/or wonders. Is that a side-effect of removing Brussels and Geneva? Is there any way to carve out a sub-mod that uses just the barbarian spawn changes and enhanced movement for use on regular (i.e., non-earth) maps? I'm indifferent to the CS changes (which I assume exist to declutter Europe for TSL purposes), and I want to improve the odds of seeing some of the DLC CS in my games without having the barb camps choke up turn processing.

Thanks for all your good work on these mods BTW.
you can't use the rulesets with the DLC additionnal content, that's why I've removed them and added independent mods with beta 1

you can't use the rulesets with the DLC additionnal content, that's why I've removed them and added independent mods with beta 1

Ah, I see. Are those in the Unreleased Mods forum? Thanks again.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Edit Rules.sql in "YnAMP - Remove Close CS"

Hello Gedemen what can it be the reason that this doesnt work?

-- Remove close CS
DELETE FROM Civilizations WHERE CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_BRUSSELS' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_GENEVA' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_LISBON' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_AKSUM' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_HARAPPA' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_VANCOUVER' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_MUSCAT' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_MOHENJO_DARO' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_PRESLAV' OR CivilizationType = 'CIVILIZATION_HATTUSA';

do i have to remove also the starting positions in maps.xml?

Stupid question maybe but I am new to Civ 6, can anyone tell me why there is no 128x80 version of earth map tsl?? There used to be one in civ 5.
Rhye's map used to be perfect for people who can't play on GEM!

With the variety of discussions going on ranging from bugs to suggestions to game play advise would it be possible to have this moved to the project development area so there can be sub-forums for each subject?

I grabbed the new set of discrete beta 1 mods to isolate just the reduced barbs and enhanced movement elements.. After several trial and error games, with no other YNAMP mods engaged, the game runs with just the Reduced Barb mod. When I try a game with Reduced Barbs and Increased Movement, the game starts OK, but crashes to desktop within the first 10-15 turns. I don't notice any specific game event that triggers the crash. Instead my screen flickers and then a get the "Send Crash Report?" pop-up.

So something in the movement mod (but not the Less Barbs mod) conflicts with either the game or the other mods I've been running (Detailed Worlds, the MOAR Units mods, Barb XP increase, More Units to Start).

If a search on import or export bring you nothing then you're not searching in the correct file. It's the file from the mod, but you don't change anything in it it's just that I've put the code there for reference, you use it to export the map data in the lua.log and then edit and format the data to insert it in a mapscript file. Then the AssignStartingPlots from the mod import the data from the mapscript when starting a new game.

I'll try to post an update of my tutorial for importing civ5 maps to include civ6 using the Cordiform Earth as an example next week if the sdk is still not released then.

Because it's a bit complex ATM and require to use the Firetuner.
Yes, I did find it, i was only saying that the first time I tried I couldn't find anything, but the second time, it worked for some reason. I just wasn't able to find the option to load the map itself, and I figured maybe I needed to insert my modified map name to some part of at least one of your files to make it work.

Do what you need to do, I am not sure what is taking them so long to release the SDK. It's like when NHL 15 came out and you couldn't change the player stats like in the previous number of games, it's one of the developer's tools, it shouldn't have been so difficult to release to the public, not for an entire year, and in Civ 6's case, it is not reasonable by any means that they haven't released the SDK, certainly not for this long.

Anyone know how to avoid getting crash reports before even starting the save? I load up the earth maps, what ever one of them and I've never passed the continue button before it crashes. I've a great computer, very recently bought for a lot of money for gaming purpose so it should be able to handle everything that is laid onto it but not this mod it seems.

Any suggestions or hints on what to try out to fix it?

Possible bug with the YnAMP Europe map.

I have loaded the YnAMP Europe map and decided to play as Peter (Russia). The game language is English. I pick all the European countries plus Egypt and Sumeria for the game. Playing seems to work fine, but when I meet Jadwiga of Poland I see that her greetings text is shown in Spanish instead of English. She speaks Polish as she is supposed to.

I then tried to change the game language to German and reloaded the save game. Now Jadwiga's greetings was written in Germans as it's supposed to. So it seems to me EN_US is being replaced by ES_ES somewhere in the mod I load.

Anyone else seems something similar and if yes, then how did you solve the problem? Not easy for me to continue playing since I'm not familiar with Spanish so I can't understand what's being said in the diplomatic conversations.

I haven't met anyone else yet to verify if the problem is just with Jadwiga or all other civs.

When I e. g. try with the same mods with Germany and meet Jadwiga after just a few turns then she speaks in English as she should. If I do the same with Peter and rush a warrior to Poland she also speaks English, but after some turns she starts speaking Spanish. Very strange bug indeed.

Possible bug with the YnAMP Europe map.

I have loaded the YnAMP Europe map and decided to play as Peter (Russia). The game language is English. I pick all the European countries plus Egypt and Sumeria for the game. Playing seems to work fine, but when I meet Jadwiga of Poland I see that her greetings text is shown in Spanish instead of English. She speaks Polish as she is supposed to.

I then tried to change the game language to German and reloaded the save game. Now Jadwiga's greetings was written in Germans as it's supposed to. So it seems to me EN_US is being replaced by ES_ES somewhere in the mod I load.

Anyone else seems something similar and if yes, then how did you solve the problem? Not easy for me to continue playing since I'm not familiar with Spanish so I can't understand what's being said in the diplomatic conversations.

I haven't met anyone else yet to verify if the problem is just with Jadwiga or all other civs.

When I e. g. try with the same mods with Germany and meet Jadwiga after just a few turns then she speaks in English as she should. If I do the same with Peter and rush a warrior to Poland she also speaks English, but after some turns she starts speaking Spanish. Very strange bug indeed.

Jadwiga suddenly switching to Portuguese (not Spanish) was reported quite a while ago in this thread.
It is not a Ynaemp bug, and it doesn't seem to affect the game in any other way.

No but that means Berlin and London is at suboptimal location therefore even weaker. The description of city naming project covered this and suggested participants to favor big ones over geographical accuracy. Location of Frankfurt an Oder is a proper berlin especially considering districts, similarly reading is a ok london. Rn dockyard at mouth of themes and yellow "city" ibbetweeen. Perfect London. Just named differently :o/

Top Bottom