YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Gedemon updated YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack for Civ6 with a new update entry:

• compatibility fix with Australian Summer Patch
  • add city map for South East Asia City Map on Giant Earth (guidemwit)
  • add city map for Caucasus, Middle East (North), and Anatolia & Cyprus on Play Europe Again (tomaltachpaulson)
  • add city map for Sub-Equatorial Africa on Giant Earth (tomaltachpaulson)
  • add Brazilian translation (wevertonj)
  • add Australia TSL on Giant Earth, Greatest Earth and Largest Earth (tomaltachpaulson)
  • add city map for South America on Giant Earth (wevertonj)

Quick question.

Why is Ra-Kedet and Cairo in such weird locations? As it is, based on the image on the Steam Workshop, Ra-Kedet is where Cairo should be and Cairo is in the wrong country.

We can't have both civ on the same spot, the names will change if/when this region is mapped for cities.

Gedemon, will your mod work without any of the DLC? I have not decided to get any of the current 3 that are available and wonder if your mod will work without them.

little addition for uluru for giant

Code:
    if GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_ULURU"] then -- Australia DLC is loaded
    NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_ULURU"].Index]            = { X = 93, Y = 16}        -- 1 plot, desert, surrounded by desert
    end

edit: 124,20 for ludicrous size

Last edited:
Hi, I have a weird problem

I got Beta 2 and when I start a new game it says "other players are taking their turn" Left it for 20 minutes and it was still there, but when you start a new game, you should be able to have your turn as soon as it loads, any help with this issue?

We can't have both civ on the same spot, the names will change if/when this region is mapped for cities.

The cities wouldn't be in the same spot. Ra-Kedet is an old name for Alexandria, which is a coastal city. It lies just west of the river outlet. Here is where the cities should be:

Spoiler :

It was crucial to test this mod under lab conditions and for a very, very long time.

GEM ludicrous-size, 20 Civs (I left out Gorgo and Phillip), 40 City States, no
barbarians, marathon pace.
i7-4790K CPU@4.00GHz, 16Gb RAM, GTX 970, Win7, DX11.

At dawn in South Australia, and after about 1000 moves playing as Australia, I'm
happy to say it worked beautifully. Brazil had me beaten but they weren't harassed
by anyone, e.g. they hadn't met Fred yet.

Interestingly, the turn lengths were nowhere near as long as they were before
the patch.

Further experiments will be conducted over the next five years, comrades.

Gedemon, will your mod work without any of the DLC? I have not decided to get any of the current 3 that are available and wonder if your mod will work without them.
Yes, it should work without them.

little addition for uluru for giant

Code:
    if GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_ULURU"] then -- Australia DLC is loaded
    NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_ULURU"].Index]            = { X = 93, Y = 16}        -- 1 plot, desert, surrounded by desert
    end

edit: 124,20 for ludicrous size
Thanks !

Being a one tile NW, I suppose it works directly ?

Hi, I have a weird problem

I got Beta 2 and when I start a new game it says "other players are taking their turn" Left it for 20 minutes and it was still there, but when you start a new game, you should be able to have your turn as soon as it loads, any help with this issue?
Lua.log please. If you've installed beta 2 from steam, I think you need to remove the old mod.

The cities wouldn't be in the same spot. Ra-Kedet is an old name for Alexandria, which is a coastal city. It lies just west of the river outlet. Here is where the cities should be:

Spoiler :
I meant the names should be Thebes (Luxor) and Mecca, if I use the real position of Ra-Kedet and Cairo for the map then Cairo would be 2 tiles east and one tile south of Alexandria, that's too close.

I meant the names should be Thebes (Luxor) and Mecca, if I use the real position of Ra-Kedet and Cairo for the map then Cairo would be 2 tiles east and one tile south of Alexandria, that's too close.

That makes sense now. What about a way to have it see which leaders are in the game and change their capital's on the fly? For instance, if both Egypt and Arabia are loaded, set Arabia's capital as Mecca instead of Cairo since Mecca is already in Saladin's city list but Cairo wasn't even a thing when Cleopatra was around and the closest she would have would be Memphis.

That makes sense now. What about a way to have it see which leaders are in the game and change their capital's on the fly? For instance, if both Egypt and Arabia are loaded, set Arabia's capital as Mecca instead of Cairo since Mecca is already in Saladin's city list but Cairo wasn't even a thing when Cleopatra was around and the closest she would have would be Memphis.
The city naming code allows civ-specific naming, what's your proposing is of course doable in lua, but I have a lot of other things to code, and solving an issue that is already potentially solved by something already coded (just miss the data) is not high in my list, ATM I'm checking beta 2, then as soon as possible I'll return on my current (unreleased) project.

But I'd be happy to have help on the code, if someone is willing to implement this:
add another column ("AlternateStart") in the StartPosition table definition
add new rows in the StartPosition table to set the alternate TSL using the current coordinates like
Code:
        <Replace MapName="LargestEarth" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"        X="58" Y="38" AlternateStart ="1" />
then set the real coordinate for Cairo and Ra-Kedet in the existing entries
and finally edit the mod's AssignStartingPlots.lua to try to use alternate entry only in case another Civilization already has a TSL set too close

(the new function to set alternate start position would be called under the "WARNING ! Plot is too close from another Starting Position" lines)

Code:
                    if player:IsMajor() then
                        if IsSafeStartingDistance(plot, true, player:IsHuman()) then
                            player:SetStartingPlot(plot)
                            --table.insert(AssignStartingPlots.majorStartPlots, plot)
                        else
                            print ("WARNING ! Plot is too close from another Starting Position")
                        end
                    else
                        if not bNoCityStates then
                            if IsSafeStartingDistance(plot, false, false) then
                                player:SetStartingPlot(plot)
                                --table.insert(AssignStartingPlots.minorStartPlots, plot)
                            else
                                print ("WARNING ! Plot is too close from another Starting Position")
                            end
                        end
                    end

Lua.log please. If you've installed beta 2 from steam, I think you need to remove the old mod.

I just tried to remove it completely than add it through Steam and it still doesn't work, here is the log file you requested

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    245.3 KB · Views: 92
I just tried to remove it completely than add it through Steam and it still doesn't work, here is the log file you requested
There is no TSL for "CIVILIZATION_CANADA", you'll have to set it in the mod you're using, see "How to add TSL for a New Civilization mod" in first page.

According to the mod author, there is a true start location for Canada

https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/canada-civilization.25857/updates

Says right there, it worked before on older versions of this mod too.
Seems that the mod doesn't make sure of the load order, and this load order may have been changed with the Australian Patch, it's possible that YnAMP was loaded before the Canada mod and all was fine, but now it's loaded after and the TSL table for YnAMP doesn't exist at the moment the Canada mod is loaded and the TSL can't be set.

2 fix possible for the Canada mod:
- add an SQL file to pre-set the TSL table as described in OP
- give a load order priority to the <UpdateDatabase> to make sure it's done after YnAMP.

Top Bottom