YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Update. Ok my game is crashing on the auto-save turn. Its turn 9 and I have the autosave every 10 turns. It simply will not proceed past or into the 10th turn. These are the mods in use. I5 3570K @ 4.0 ghz, 16g ram, GTX 970.

Update. Ok my game is crashing on the auto-save turn. Its turn 9 and I have the autosave every 10 turns. It simply will not proceed past or into the 10th turn. These are the mods in use. I5 3570K @ 4.0 ghz, 16g ram, GTX 970.

Have you tried removing other mods, one by one, in case there are conflicts?

I am going to remove all the mods except Gelos map. I really like the extra barbarian exp but I think that is the oldest.

I have not found any setting to disable auto saves. My only options are number of auto saves to keep and number of turns between them.

I am going to remove all the mods except Gelos map. I really like the extra barbarian exp but I think that is the oldest.

I have not found any setting to disable auto saves. My only options are number of auto saves to keep and number of turns between them.

Good luck!
IMO mixing mods from a variety of authors at this stage of the Civ6 saga is asking for trouble.

I've seen it few weeks ago, but I don't remember if there is a fix, when I play on ludicrous map (230x116), I have invisible city banner and units icons, like this:

Spoiler :

I was able to play without issue before Winter patch, I tried with only YnAEMP mod and any other disabled, I also tried with no CS and low Civ number, it still happen.
And leader appear black in diplomatic view somtimes, someone has the same issue in this map? there is a fix for it?

I do not have Poland DLC too, if it matters

I've seen it few weeks ago, but I don't remember if there is a fix, when I play on ludicrous map (230x116), I have invisible city banner and units icons, like this:

Spoiler :

I was able to play without issue before Winter patch, I tried with only YnAEMP mod and any other disabled, I also tried with no CS and low Civ number, it still happen.
And leader appear black in diplomatic view somtimes, someone has the same issue in this map? there is a fix for it?

Before you installed alpha 0.14, did you clear out the cache sub-directory? Did you remove .txt and .log files and all save files?

When I try to play with a mod that adjusts world creation (this mod, larger worlds or detailed worlds, for example), my game crashes in world creation. Is this a known bug to someone here, and does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

Just quoting this one once in hopes of finding an answer. If no one knows I'll let it rest.

@FlashXAron Thanks for your work. Another option for CS's on the Giant Earth Map now that we have Palenque might be to move LaVenta up to the American Southwest so that it could represent the Anastasi, Hopi or other Pueblo peoples since it is a faith bonus CS. Then move Vallenta to South America to take the place of the Incas since it is a production bonus CS and there's really no sense in having it right next to Carthage, another production bonus CS. Just my thoughts for play balance.

Just quoting this one once in hopes of finding an answer. If no one knows I'll let it rest.

What did you do when you installed the mod?
Did you delete the cache files, and old saves, and the .txt files and .logs before you installed version 0.14?
Are you using any other mods?

What did you do when you installed the mod?
Did you delete the cache files, and old saves, and the .txt files and .logs before you installed version 0.14?
Are you using any other mods?

I'm using AI+ and TCS's omnibus mod, but with both turned off the bug still appears. I also didn't have any cache files and old saves, because I freshly moved to a new pc (on my old one the larger and detailed world mods worked fine, though it was too slow to avoid extremely long turns on too big sizes, and I've only tried out ynamp on my new pc).

Before you installed alpha 0.14, did you clear out the cache sub-directory? Did you remove .txt and .log files and all save files?

I tried deleting almost every folder, .txt files, saves etc and launch with only this mod, and it still happen :(

I tried deleting almost every folder, .txt files, saves etc and launch with only this mod, and it still happen :(
Have you tried turning all graphic settings to low, disabling leader animations etc, to ensure your graphics card can handle the game?
I haven't had a single crash with Ynaemp from the first one to the latest 0.14.

Good luck!

The same thing. New PC, i5 6400, 16 RAM, GF 1050 Ti, Windows 10 64. Both in Dx 11 and Dx 12. Shows load screen with civ preferences and crashes: "Report to Firaxes?"
I tried Play the Europe and World map - crashes everywhere.

Hi Gedemon, did you remove Amsterdam as a CS in the latest Giant Earth version? Thanks
No.

So, I have been trying to load the Largest Earth map for the last couple of days. I was able to get it to load before the Winter Update, but didn't really play for all that long. After I can't even get the map to load.

I normally have the speed set to Online, The Large Earth Scale ruleset, no duplicate leaders, and only Conquest and Science victories enabled.

I've tried doing all random leaders with the standard ruleset and standard speed, but it seems to be insistent on crashing before loading.
I'm wondering if the (video) memory requirement has raised with the last patch...

On the 'Greatest Earth Map' with game rules set to 'Earth 2 (?)', Spain seems to have their starting capital named 'Brest' (a city in Normandy?) instead of Madrid, despite being located in the correct position (central Iberia).
Thanks, will be corrected in next version.

Is it possible to split Europe into different continents? Certain in game mechanics rely on the new continent feature such as England's Pax Brittanica which gives them a melee unit if they settle on a new continent. It could be something like this .

Africa should also be split into Eastern and Western North Africa with the Horn of Africa being the midpoint (the Horn would be part of Western North Africa). Asia Minor should be its own continent and so should the Caucasus region. The border between Arabia and Eastern North Africa should be at Sinai. The leftover Middle East should be Arabia.
I may paint subcontinents when we have a real worldbuilder.

I've not seen anyone else with this problem except on here so I'm just assuming it's the mod.
could those be related ?
https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/5k9zw2/jadwigas_description_is_in_portuguese_for_some/
https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/5lfkpf/anyone_know_why_jadwiga_speaks_portuguese_dutch/

So for reasons I cannot completely explain I can't upload to github right now, but I can post the strings of text if somebody wants to add them to the correct files here for at least adding Amagh to Ireland for Play Europe again, as well as my fix for getting Jadwiga in the " EuroPlayers " grouping. I just put Armagh SW of Belfast, near the source of a river I decided was Lough Neagh.

Code:
<Replace MapName="PlayEuropeAgain" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_AMARGH"        X="22" Y="69" />
added to Maps/PlayEuropeAgain/Map.xml

Code:
 <Row Domain="EuroPlayers" CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_POLAND" LeaderType="LEADER_JADWIGA" CivilizationName="LOC_CIVILIZATION_POLAND_NAME" CivilizationIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_POLAND" LeaderName="LOC_LEADER_JADWIGA_NAME" LeaderIcon="ICON_LEADER_JADWIGA" CivilizationAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_GOLDEN_LIBERTY_NAME" CivilizationAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_GOLDEN_LIBERTY_DESCRIPTION" CivilizationAbilityIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_POLAND" LeaderAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_LITHUANIAN_UNION_NAME" LeaderAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_LITHUANIAN_UNION_DESCRIPTION" LeaderAbilityIcon="ICON_LEADER_JADWIGA"/>

added to \Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Yet (not) Another Maps Pack\Configuration\Config.xml

Although I am still having the Portuguese issue, I am able to play Europe with Poland with the modified rulesets and the new city state.
thanks.

Gedemon: I didn't get the Ultimate Civ 6 Edition either, so I currently don't have Poland. I plan on buying the DLC soon but it may be a little while. To get around this issue, I just added one Random Player Start location to my map in Poland. Since all other Civ starting locations are assigned, players choosing Poland will be put into the Random Player Start Location. Again, not a long-term solution. But works in a pinch. Hope this might be helpful to you in the future.

Love the YNAMP btw. The Cordiform Earth is pretty weird but a neat (and unique) perspective. Can't wait to see what comes next :)
Thanks, but I use scripts files, not map, so it's a bit different for the placement.

About what come next...

Well after TSL usually one may thought "what about real spawn date ?"

Playing "More CS for Europe". Still getting Scythia in African desert. Have not seen Poland but if it's on the map somewhere they're not where they are supposed to be. Also when I encountered Sumeria and exchanged capital info the screen locked to the far right of the map and I could only scroll into darkness towards the right. If someone could give me good starting coordinates and exactly which XML file to edit I guess I could fix it myself. Only get three City States so I'm not sure how the "More" is working. I'm playing 11 civs on the map. I though I read that the number of CS's is hard coded to the number of Civ's on the map.
Scythia spawn south west of the Urals on the Europe map, which version are you using ? They may move, but to Africa ? :D

Hey guys. Sorry, a noob question here -
On Play Europe Again I prefer to randomize the Civs starting points. Everything's working fine except that the city names keep getting overrided. For example, if me or AI plays as China but gets starting position in i.e Norway, all of their cities will get Norway names instead of the original. Is there a way to keep the original Civ city names? Playing Alpha 14
Here are my settings for further info
Spoiler :
I'll add an option for auto city naming.

Happy New Year to everybody!=)
2 questions...
1) What is the difference between Giant Earth (180x94) and Greatest Earth Map (104x64) beside size? I mean functional difference. Or there's no difference?
2) Gedemon sad that there's a "panteon bug"? what does it mean? For example, I'm going to play Germany in Greatest Earth Map - so it will 100% crash through 50, 100, 200 turns?
AFAIK the "pantheon bug" is only possible when playing with more than 20 civilizations.

As for crash I never got one in my games, but there are some reports, can't be sure if it's the game or the mod when using "normal" sizes.

Ok, I managed to get into The Largest Earth Map, but well. With some grapical issues.

Like the backgrounds for unit symbols/city labels are invisible. Which basically means seeing what type of unit I am looking at is difficult at a glance.
How much ram on your graphic card ?

have you tried without leaders animation ?

My friends and I were playing ultiplayer just fine for a few days, decided to use this map pack. It seems like a really well done piece of work. But seems to break multiplayer lobbys for us. We would host a game, and it would appear on everyone's screen(LAN), and always people would be 50/50 on being unable to join with no error message, just greyed out join button. We discovered if you host without using the map, then after everyone joined, switch to the map it would work. Unfortunately if someone crashes out, then they are unable to rejoin. Very unfortunate, as this map was really cool.
That's a game issue I'm afraid, and I don't know why, but all reports about it mention LAN, seems that online works fine.

Doe's anybody know how the names of the 3 new natural wonders are ? (to be able to activate them in the game) ...
  • Eyjafjallajökull 2/83 ... maybe that Eyjafjalla_Glacier
  • Lysefjord 18/80
  • Giant's Causeway 6/77
could be like that ->
e.g.
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_LYSEFJORD"].Index] = { X = 18, Y = 80}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_EYJAFJALLA_GLACIER"].Index] = { X = 2, Y = 83}
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_GIANTS_CAUSEWAY"].Index] = { X = 6, Y = 77}

... LOL wrong guesses, crashed to Desktop :)

And please move one natural wonder FOR an ACHIEVEMENT (Natural Park) to a new position ->
NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_CRATER_LAKE"].Index] = { X = 132, Y = 64}
Thanks
Thanks.

Try this (but without specific placement rules, it may crash)
Code:
    NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_EYJAFJALLAJOKULL"].Index]    = { X = 2, Y = 83}
    NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_LYSEFJORDEN"].Index]         = { X = 18, Y = 80}
    NaturalWonders[GameInfo.Features["FEATURE_GIANTS_CAUSEWAY"].Index]         = { X = 6, Y = 77}

I'll see if I can move the crater lake next time I'll edit the map.

I make my Korean Civilization mod compatible with YnAMP.
New game can be started, but saved games cannot be loaded.

However, this problem was solved by turn off two optional mods in YnAMP: YnAMP - More CS for Europe and More CS for the World.

I guess these two mods might have some problem.
I'll have a look at the CS mods

Gedemon, what editor do you use for map creation?
I do some change with the in game editor (or Civ5 WB at start) then I use a Lua scrip to export them in a format that can be read by YnAMP when starting the game.

But all the base map where map for civ5 and imported/exported to civ6 using small scripts.

The largest Earth was created using a crude upscale script then reworked with the world builder.

Gedemon, I am crashing to desktop. I am not sure what the cause is and you mention memory. I was playing on Enormous. I have 16 gigs ram and 3.5 gigs video ram (GTX 970). Is there a way to help identify the issue and thus help everyone and modders get to the bottom? The crash is random. I started a new game yesterday and it crashed about 5 turns. Sometimes it may play longer like 20 or 40 turns in.
At this moment, I can only do something for crashes on map creation, before starting the game.

Spoiler :

Try removing leaders animations, the only cards that may be able to run the animations at that map sizes should have at least 8GB of RAM, but I've not seen any confirmation yet.

What I know is that even 6GB are not enough.

The same thing. New PC, i5 6400, 16 RAM, GF 1050 Ti, Windows 10 64. Both in Dx 11 and Dx 12. Shows load screen with civ preferences and crashes: "Report to Firaxes?"
I tried Play the Europe and World map - crashes everywhere.
Could you post your lua.log please ?

Have you tried turning all graphic settings to low, disabling leader animations etc, to ensure your graphics card can handle the game?
I haven't had a single crash with Ynaemp from the first one to the latest 0.14.

Good luck!
Try removing leaders animations, the only cards that may be able to run the animations at that map sizes should have at least 8GB of RAM, but I've not seen any confirmation yet.

What I know is that even 6GB are not enough.

It worked, disable leader animation fix it, thanks :thumbsup:

Could you post your lua.log please ?

Lua.log posted. It will be great if you will solve this point.

P.S. Ynamp is great - it improves gameplay and adds reality to it, what is very important for strategy (tested in Civ5). Thank you.

Attachments

• Lua.7z
    10.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Thanks, but no sign of YnAMP there, which mod was crashing ?

Top Bottom