• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .
YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

There is no TSL for CIVILIZATION_AUSTRALIA on that map, it needs to be added in map.xml, see first page for how to, until I add it.

There is no TSL for CIVILIZATION_AUSTRALIA on that map, it needs to be added in map.xml, see first page for how to, until I add it.

That's what I get for not RTFM. Thank you again. If there is some form of tip jar system, I would happily contribute to your efforts!

Coal spawned on a mountain after industrialization discovered.
Beta 2: GEM, ludicrous size.
coal_on_mountain.png

That was the case before steam workshop. If you use steam workshop (to get Ynamp, or anymod), it will go to : [Steam]\SteamApps\workshop\content\289070\[mod id]
289070 being civ6 steam app id
and atm ynamp mod id is 871861883 (for me but I think it's unique), so folder is [your Steam folder]\SteamApps\workshop\content\289070\871861883

What a stupid idea from firaxis!
Thank you for that answer :)

Interesting, I had deer spawn on that exact same mountain in my last game.

edit: was on Giant Earth though.

I employ some very butch Australian workers, so maybe one of the big oafs crushed your deer into coal.
Apart from that cosmetic glitch, the ludicrous size map with 20 civs and 40 city states is fan-bloody-tastic.
I think I'll do a shoey if I ever manage to win at Deity level.

There is a new Mod:

Gold Resource
Adds Gold from the Outback Tycoon scenario as a resource in the base game. Gold has a yield of +4 gold (1 more than Silver) and will appear on flat terrain or hills in Desert, Plains, or Tundra tiles. Requires the Australian DLC

Can you add Gold to the maps?

I know how to change the map with worldbuilder, but I don´t know how to start later this map. Can you make a tutorial? (want resource import no map generator)

Last edited:
What a stupid idea from firaxis!
Thank you for that answer :)
I agree on the stupid part, especially the "folder=id" which might be convenient on a "ensure unique folder name" side but makes it very hard to find a game and a mod.
But I don't think Firaxis are the one to blame, I really think they just complied to the new protocol for workshop via steam.
So Valve are the ones to blame here I think :D

I went through the four map types and gotten new coordinates for Cairo and Ra-Kedet. I set Arabia's Mecca start as the AlternateStart="1" but what would be the code for the LUA?

Code:
else
                            print ("WARNING ! Plot is too close from another Starting Position")
                        end

That being the part to change, I'm assuming. I tried "player:SetStartingPlot(alternate)" in between 'else' and 'end' but that didn't work. Game loaded but it was just the map fog and the turn timer kept going as if only the AI was playing.

Also, with the new gold resource, does it already have a location to spawn on the map since it was a resource in Civ 5?

EDIT: The map refuses to load at this point. Errors in the log state that it had issues loading a MapSizes file and a custom.sql and custom.xml file. Game doesn't freeze but it stays at the loading screen indefinitely.

Last edited:
Why no "enormous size" earth map?? The "greatest earth map" is too small and "giant earth map" is too big! There is nothing in between! Why?

Have they fixed the slow turns issue (I think caused by barbarians; even with fast combat, etc., enabled)? I stopped playing this game pretty much after release as I prefer Civ 5 anyway. The lack of gravitas in civ 6 just turns me off. Checking the patch notes now, but please confirm/unconfirm said fix. Cheers. Great map btw.

Coal spawned on a mountain after industrialization discovered.
Beta 2: GEM, ludicrous size.
View attachment 465936
Interesting, I had deer spawn on that exact same mountain in my last game.

edit: was on Giant Earth though.
I had placed forest on mountain tiles in that area to test the result in game, I think I forgot to remove them, which allows resources to spawn there.

Good to know this is possible, may be useful for other type of mods.

In beta2 the australia update is problem please can help me the gaint map is not work
lua log please.

I went through the four map types and gotten new coordinates for Cairo and Ra-Kedet. I set Arabia's Mecca start as the AlternateStart="1" but what would be the code for the LUA?

Code:
else
                            print ("WARNING ! Plot is too close from another Starting Position")
                        end

That being the part to change, I'm assuming. I tried "player:SetStartingPlot(alternate)" in between 'else' and 'end' but that didn't work. Game loaded but it was just the map fog and the turn timer kept going as if only the AI was playing.

Also, with the new gold resource, does it already have a location to spawn on the map since it was a resource in Civ 5?

EDIT: The map refuses to load at this point. Errors in the log state that it had issues loading a MapSizes file and a custom.sql and custom.xml file. Game doesn't freeze but it stays at the loading screen indefinitely.
It requires a bit more coding, but I plan to do it after discussing the possibility of a Macedonian and Persian civ in the next DLC.

Why no "enormous size" earth map?? The "greatest earth map" is too small and "giant earth map" is too big! There is nothing in between! Why?
it's here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ps-pack-for-civ6.602050/page-73#post-14670205

please post the XML once it's completed with the TSL.

With the Australia patch, I have a feeling the mod pack is playing up as it keeps desyncing me and a friend on turn one. We've tried the regular civ 6 maps and they don't desync. Has anyone else experienced this or is it something else?

sorry if already answered but...do I need to delete my beta1 version from the My Games folder before I go to Steam Workshop and add it as a mod. Also, haven't heard anything weird happening with the Australia DLC because I'm going to get it as well.

Gedemon,
I love the mod, and prefer to play on your map packs above all else. I loved the Civ V Europe map and had hours of fun. I have been playing your Europe map as well. I asked on page 73 about a problem with city-states. I do not know why, but it seems that TSL on the city-states is somewhat random. They spawn in the proper place, however, they do not always all spawn. I have games with as few as 5 city-states out of the entire list of expanded Europe. I keep the close city-states (Brussels, Amsterdam & Geneva); yet, that is random on whether they spawn or not. Another issue, on the set up option, you can select having the city-states and AI not have settlers and be replaced with cities; this does not happen. I'd love to see this issue with city-states fixed; some of those bonuses are well worth it, and it hurts when the city-states does not exist.

Respectfully,
W

Reactions: PKL
Hey, total noobie here. Could someone post a before-and-after example of where exactly I need to modify the XML and SQL code to add a new civ? The file I'm altering is the Map.xml file for the respective map... correct? lol.

Top Bottom