1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

YnAMP sub-project: True location corresponding city names

Discussion in 'Yet (not) Another Maps Pack' started by rock_and_ride, Nov 23, 2016.

1. ritchyq

ritchyq Chieftain

Since the new update on dec 8th, the real city names have messed up a bit, example - Jerusalem being called Edinburgh and in Arabia Bordeaux - ive been starting games on giant earth map.

2. Moda

Moda Chieftain

With Gathering Storm arriving in a couple weeks, I'm curious to know if anyone's planning on adding some Inca/Mapuche specific names for South American and Caribbean cities? Also, has anyone worked the smaller Pacific islands (besides New Zealand, Hawaii, and Papua New Guinea)? If not, I wouldn't mind taking on those sections after the expansion comes out.

3. Mobfire

Mobfire Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

I did the pacific a while back, including changing the locations of the islands to better represent geography.

Moda likes this.
  4. Moda

Moda Chieftain

Oh, that's great! I must have missed them while skimming through the city names.

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

I'm going to update the Giant Earth with some of the proposed changes in this thread and the map's thread, could on of you check if the code above is working and push an update with it ?

6. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

7. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

how do I get the fork, or what the full code from this part in post 2?

You need: YnAMP source code

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

9. Cole98

Cole98 AKA CerebralPolicy

I'd like to take a stab at correcting Western Canada, the way the names are now some Albertan cities appear directly south of ones in Saskatchewan. So the provinces don't line up quite right.

10. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Oh, and Northern Ontario needs to be fixed for city name locations for Canada and the United States; currently, it's possible to found Toronto by the shores of Hudson Bay.

11. krmarci

krmarci Chieftain

The Hungarian translation is missing for many cities. Can I help in some way?