YnAMP sub-project: True location corresponding city names

I would love to see The Greatest Earth Map covered, as right now it seems to be the most stable version to play on. But as said, it is pretty much a whole new project. What do we need to get started? Is anyone willing to volunteer to help with it here? I would be willing to potentially help cover East Asia (although I only have experience doing the alternate city names for East Asian civs, not the original city names)

We're currently waiting on some changes to the map to go through before doing names for the Greatest Earth map but feel free to take whatever area you'd like!

Where can I find the files? I have registered to GitHub as asked in the first post, but the link of the original project is missing.

EDIT: found the link on page 18.
EDIT2: I want to add city name translations for Hungary. Do I have to add for example:
<Replace Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_BAIA_MARE_HUNGARY" Text="Nagybánya" Language="en_US" />
to the GamePlayText.xml? Is that correct? Do I have to add anything else to make it work?
EDIT3: I would also like to add Turkish names for some cities (limited to historical Hungary). Should I use the ending tag _TURKEY or _OTTOMAN or something else?
EDIT4: I see that some city names overlap. How is it determined which one is used?

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay in responding! That should be the correct format. The Ottoman ending should be _OTTOMAN i believe - it needs to match whatever the civilization is called in the game files. I'll take a look at the pull request and see about getting them added/see why they're not working. In the meantime, I might suggest trying my Rosetta mod, which is compatible with YnAMP.

@SeelingCat I think I might have found the problem: I had both the Steam Workshop subscribed version of YnAMP, as well as my edited version in the mod folder. Even though I started my edited version, the original version overrode it. I removed the subscription and the Hungarian names show up.

Last edited:
@SeelingCat I think I might have found the problem: I had both the Steam Workshop subscribed version of YnAMP, as well as my edited version in the mod folder. Even though I started my edited version, the original version overrode it. I removed the subscription and the Hungarian names show up.
Can I merge your pull request then ?

There is another issue, sorry, the CityMap file is not in the correct folder, I can't compare and merge it that way.

The first post said that I should put all files under Gameplay.
Anyway, I moved the file to the correct folder (more exactly, I deleted the old file and moved the new file to its location). I'm not sure if I have to do a new pull request.

Yes please, and I'll have a look at the OP

Top Bottom