YnAMP sub-project: True location corresponding city names

Dear all,

As we almost finish Play Europe Map and I have completed my duty, shall we begin working on Earth map?
I have plenty of time during my short holiday 23 - 26 Dec. I think I can finish some of East Asia during that time.

Which map would you like to start working on ?

I suppose the giant earth is the most used, but I don't know if it would be easier to start on the bigger one (even if much longer) then adapt by removing the smallest city or start with the smallest map then add the smaller cities ?

Hey, it's me, the caucasus guy.

I'm sorry that I left you hanging with my region for so long. I've had a lot to do recently and this project was unfortunately what fell behind.

I have finished the area of Y:33 to Y:44, but I could do some tiles to the north and south more if you want.

@niklas153021 I've completed the area north of Y=44 : ukraine, southern russia, caspian east coast (south of Y=44 for caspian east). We'll only have turkey and armenia left after that.

Will upload after a playtest.

Which map would you like to start working on ?

I suppose the giant earth is the most used, but I don't know if it would be easier to start on the bigger one (even if much longer) then adapt by removing the smallest city or start with the smallest map then add the smaller cities ?

I think we should begin with smaller map because I don't have to put effort to marked every cities with population in a hand-drawn map. I can just open google map three times (for three earth maps) to find smaller city to add. We can also release public version faster than the largest map!
For largest map, you have to put more effort into the city tier mark-up so you don't remove wrong cities. Otherwise, you have to re-open google map three times anyway to find which one is smaller cities. It means similar workload for both ways.

So, shall we vote?

I'll be moving on to Giant Earth Map after PlayEurope.

I did a play-through with Russia on GEM, turn times aren't too long even in the late game even with a full roster (I did turn off barbarians :mischief:), but its still large enough so that settling eurasia is like one of the twelve labours of hercules.

I can attempt to work on Australia. I am beginning on Giant Earth. It should be fun to find and recognise small little townships in the centre of my great (both size and descriptively) nation.

Ukraine/South Russia/North Caspian pull request sent - should slot in with @niklas153021 Caucasus update. Screenshots:

Spoiler West Ukraine :
upload_2016-12-20_20-13-53.png

Spoiler East Ukraine/Southern Russia :
upload_2016-12-20_20-14-19.png

Spoiler North Caspian :
upload_2016-12-20_20-14-48.png

Next update will be Turkey - default names and greek names

Seems the files are pushed to the base folder, could you pull another request with the text file to /Gameplay/ and the map file to /Maps/PlayEuropeAgain/ please ?

Well, it seems you guys preferred moving on to Giant Earth map. So, I will begin working on Japanese archipelago this week then.

Thanks, merged !

So as we're apparently doing Giant Earth next, I volunteer for Polynesia and the southern Pacific.

Also, for debugging purposes, I had the idea to add in a new lense that marks named and unnamed tiles, so we could easily track down any missing spots without having to browse through tons of XML. I'm not much of a Lua expert, but after what I've seen with the more lenses mod, I think this should be possible.

Japanese archipelago is almost finished. I will move on Korean peninsula and all of China and Taiwan!!

@niklas153021 I think it should be really helpful if the lens mod can supplement our Microsoft Paint job.
Is it possible that "drop pin" function can be modded to help us as well? e.g. placing drop pin and type city name, then export that name plus x, y coordinate into notepad. So, we don't have to manually count the x, y again.

@Gedemon I finished Japan and Korea for GiantEarth map but it seems it's not working. I've created new CityMap.xml file in GiantEarth folder and update GameplayText.xml in Gameplay folder. I'm not sure any code is needed in other files or not. So, please help me check this issue. I attached those files here.

Attachments

• GamePlayText.xml
    211.2 KB · Views: 418
  • CityMap.xml
    10.4 KB · Views: 419
@Gedemon I finished Japan and Korea for GiantEarth map but it seems it's not working. I've created new CityMap.xml file in GiantEarth folder and update GameplayText.xml in Gameplay folder. I'm not sure any code is needed in other files or not. So, please help me check this issue. I attached those files here.

@Gedemon is the best person to ask for this, but I think the modinfo file in Civ6-YnAMP-master folder needs to be edited so that the mod searches for the xml file you've added. I don't know exactly how to do that, otherwise I would offer :D

I've pushed a new version on GitHub, with a .modinfo that allows a CityMap.xml to be loaded from the Giant Earth and Largest Earth folder, it should fix this issue.

Managed to finish Turkey in time for Christmas ! :cool:

@Gedemon - pull request submitted:

-includes default city names for all of Turkey, Cyprus and the northern part of the middle east (blue section in post #137)
-Greek city names for Asia Minor added.
-Yerevan TSL corrected (was spawning too far north around Tbilisi area, I have moved it south)
-some XML errors corrected.
-force-name Tunis as "Carthage" for Carthage City State
-force-name Amasya as "Hattusa" for Hattusa City State

Screenshots

Spoiler Greek Asia Minor :
upload_2016-12-24_13-27-46.png

Spoiler Middle East NW :
upload_2016-12-24_13-28-53.png

Spoiler Middle East NE :
upload_2016-12-24_13-29-41.png

Top Bottom