YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Not sure if im doing something wrong or what, but every game I have this mod active my game crashes in the 1700s.is there a possible fix? 4 games this has happened

Anyway, I think the placement of the CS Brunei on TSL is incorrect.
The city should be placed in the northern part of Borneo Island, not in the center of Africa...

giant map kills sound.anyone else has sound issues on the 184×90 map?

I saw, am grateful for, and applied the patch to put the rise and fall natural wonders into the Giant Earth map and it's working great! But now I'm wondering if there is a fix to add them not only to the Giant Earth map, but also the smaller Greatest Earth Map? I don't think the same file fix for giant earth will work for the smaller 104x64 map, right?

giant map kills sound.anyone else has sound issues on the 184×90 map?

When I start a new game with 30 civs and 30 CS on GiantEarth, reveal the map via Firetuner, move a unit and meet the other civs, the sound is already gone.

When I start a new game with 30 civs and 30 CS on GiantEarth, reveal the map via Firetuner, move a unit and meet the other civs, the sound is already gone.
same for me...and i use the strongest hardware there is..

The interesting questions are :
Is the sound problem only caused by using/meeting more than the expected number of leaders or is it also the size of the map in general?
Will the sound problem vanish once you have eliminated enough civs and maybe reload the game?

The interesting questions are :
Is the sound problem only caused by using/meeting more than the expected number of leaders or is it also the size of the map in general?
Will the sound problem vanish once you have eliminated enough civs and maybe reload the game?
thats why i thought it will be worth trying a new game as australia..which is quite isolated.but u know to start a new game and discover by turn 50 or 100 that no sound...its a bummer ☺ .but this will answer the mystery for sure..

We still have yet to identify the root cause. The problem is hardware (VRAM) or civ 6 software bugs. If it is hardware, then I can presume those with less VRAM memory card may face the loss of sound. But if those with high end Graphic card with 8GB or more is also facing the sound bug, then the problem may be software.
thats why i thought it will be worth trying a new game as australia..which is quite isolated.but u know to start a new game and discover by turn 50 or 100 that no sound...its a bummer ☺ .but this will answer the mystery for sure..

We still have yet to identify the root cause. The problem is hardware (VRAM) or civ 6 software bugs. If it is hardware, then I can presume those with less VRAM memory card may face the loss of sound. But if those with high end Graphic card with 8GB or more is also facing the sound bug, then the problem may be software.
gtx1070 on 32 gb ram on i7 so no hardware issue.

Has there been any workaround discovered regarding the audio issue on giant maps? Agree w/ plus, my hardware is pretty relevant and not an issue. Thank you all!

Using the latest 4 March version with R&F, when I play as Scotland on Ludicrous Terra Map, England's capital was on continental Europe (Bruges/Brussels region) on the two different seeded maps I tried. Anyone else encounter this?
When I played Gilgamesh on the Giant Terra map, England and Scotland were both able to spawn on Brittania.

Anyone have any suggestions or encountered similar issues?

Using the latest 4 March version with R&F, when I play as Scotland on Ludicrous Terra Map, England's capital was on continental Europe (Bruges/Brussels region) on the two different seeded maps I tried. Anyone else encounter this?
When I played Gilgamesh on the Giant Terra map, England and Scotland were both able to spawn on Brittania.

Anyone have any suggestions or encountered similar issues?
checj no duplicate leaders.happened to me once that even when choosing no dup leaders it spawned dup cause there were too many ai in the list of players

Following your suggestion, I tried it with "no duplicate leaders" checked and then once again with it unchecked, still the same problem.
It seems like the issue isn't only just that England is too low, but that both Scotland and England are too low. My settler seemed to be more in the middle of England than southern Scotland. It only took my scout three hex movements to "discover" the cliffs of Dover, which I would assume is the area the first english settler should ideally spawn around.
Just letting the proper people know in case this is something to be fixed with regards to R&F, or perhaps its just a unique problem I'm having.

Ludicrous on any map throws out audio. Not a hardware issue. 1080 Ti SLI

Other interesting notes:
When using "Detailed Worlds" mod on Ludicrous, selecting more than 44 city states crashes the game.
However, selecting 60 on any included in YnAMP just sets it down to 26 (as the creators of this mod know and planned for) and it functions. Of course, there is no error in the CS limit when you select 44 or less CS; it also sets down to 26 as per normal.

Also I find it funny the theorists here think the vRAM would throw out audio anyway. They're completely unrelated unless you're getting the audio through your HDMI cord through your video card. Me, for example, I use a high end audio card. I guess the creator of this mod thinks it's civ VI software causing the audio bug.

also I have a gift for some of you
Select terra map for YnAMP and Ludicrous. For all options select random/map generator. resource exclusion zones deactivated. Legendary start position. 35 civs and 26 CS. Here's your seed: GAME -1531217838. MAP -1531217837. This puts you two spaces to the right of a world wonder -- move two spaces to the left on the first turn and on the next turn plant your city. You're super far from every other civilization in the game and the only access to your city is through two extremely distant choke points. Lmao. You can only be attacked by water or air, basically.

Last edited:
ye
Following your suggestion, I tried it with "no duplicate leaders" checked and then once again with it unchecked, still the same problem.
It seems like the issue isn't only just that England is too low, but that both Scotland and England are too low. My settler seemed to be more in the middle of England than southern Scotland. It only took my scout three hex movements to "discover" the cliffs of Dover, which I would assume is the area the first english settler should ideally spawn around.
Just letting the proper people know in case this is something to be fixed with regards to R&F, or perhaps its just a unique problem I'm having.
yes but since u havent discovered all map so fast than the no dup leader doesnt work.i also tried a game with no dup leaders cheched but it still spawned dup. and i got vic as a neighbour...and than again she spawned...your only way to be sure is to add all civs manually..man i know its a bother but i had similar issue and only manually adding all leaders prevents dup.also make sure that once all r added dont keep any civ slot empty.

ye
yes but since u havent discovered all map so fast than the no dup leader doesnt work.i also tried a game with no dup leaders cheched but it still spawned dup. and i got vic as a neighbour...and than again she spawned...your only way to be sure is to add all civs manually..man i know its a bother but i had similar issue and only manually adding all leaders prevents dup.also make sure that once all r added dont keep any civ slot empty.

Top Bottom