YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

As you have no doubt seen, Gedemon is taking a break for a while, so don't expect
to see the changes which you want soon.
Can you modify the tiles yourself to what you think would be a more realistic
representation of that region? If not, then could you sketch out some form
of realistic representation of that region?
It's been off for a while, and i'm not sure if it got better or worse with the Beta, and this is supposed to be the capital in the game, even in the Beta, being the first city you found by default, and you still start in Moscow's region. I'm not sure what changes caused that to happen at all.

I said "as I can't load any worlds after I edit them", so that will be a no. I posted satellite pictures of the region before, however.

Having 2x1080 in SLI, 8core i7 64GB ram...

Mods which I am using except yours is Production Queue and AI+. I tried all mod combo but only working state I found in last alpha.
Is there any way I can run some log/trace for you? (having IT backround)
Yes, thanks, the performance, first, if you have a monitor program, what's the VRAM usage and FPS in both version ?

Comparing lua.log from one session in alpha and one of beta, see if something is spamming the log.

And it happens on all maps or just the Largest Earth ?

It's been off for a while, and i'm not sure if it got better or worse with the Beta, and this is supposed to be the capital in the game, even in the Beta, being the first city you found by default, and you still start in Moscow's region. I'm not sure what changes caused that to happen at all.

I said "as I can't load any worlds after I edit them", so that will be a no. I posted satellite pictures of the region before, however.
The real city name is a W.I.P. but you can help here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...rue-location-corresponding-city-names.605960/

Satellite pictures are not really useful for river maps, but beta 1 has seen a complete overhaul of the region between the Barents Sea and the Caspian and Black seas anyway.

Lake Lagoda seems to be the correct size when compared to lake Victoria or Tanganyika, it's not that Lagoda is too small, but that lake Onega is too big. But there is no half-tile lake assets in the game to represent smaller lakes, it's one full tile or nothing.

I have been using YnAMP world maps since Civ V and they have been my most favorite games to play! I was really excited to see them for Civ VI and have been using the alpha maps. I updated to the Beta mod and started a new game as England. (quick disclaimer, I am NOT, by any means, at all, an expert or even a skilled modder. I am amateur at best. I simply try my hardest to follow the directions given and play the games) Everything was working fine until turn 108, year 200, when the game crashed. This had never happened before in any Alpha mod game I had played. I tried a few more times to play, every time it crashed at the same point. I extracted the beta file into the same exact location as the alphas, I have no other mods running, and as mentioned before, was able to play the alpha games to modern era with no issues at all.

I am attaching the final save before the crash to see if anyone can help, or if it might help others. Id rather not downgrade back to Alpha, and am somewhat certain this might be user error on my part. If anyone could help a fellow civ fan out, it would be most appreciated

Attachments

• VICTORIA 108 200 BC - Crashes.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 291
I want to edit this for my own better gaming experience. I want to edit distance between cities to 2, and to edit that some districts can be build in city. Also I want to edit some city states. Can someone tell me in which files I can find codes for this so I can change them?

@dukisha, Funny I'm just the opposite. I would prefer that my cities are able to grow to their full potential so I have a mania around making sure that each of my cities is seven hexes apart. It took me several tries to get Moscow and St Petersburg right as well as Washington and New York. It drives me mad when the AI settles too close to me or I have to raze their cities because they are too close. If you go back through the thread, I think to one of the pages in the 50's you will find instruction from Flash around adjusting the distance allowed between cities.

Hi! My bros and I have been using your mod since the release and we never encountered any problem, but since the last update of your mod the game crashes when starting a multiplayer game ( right when the loading should start ) for everyone except the host. Do you know why and why you mind helping us solve this problem ?

Thank you

could you get the database.log, modding.log and lua.log from one of the crashing computer just after the crash ?

does it crash when using the main mod only ?

it's for a new game, right ?

Yes, thanks, the performance, first, if you have a monitor program, what's the VRAM usage and FPS in both version ?

Comparing lua.log from one session in alpha and one of beta, see if something is spamming the log.

And it happens on all maps or just the Largest Earth ?

The real city name is a W.I.P. but you can help here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...rue-location-corresponding-city-names.605960/

Satellite pictures are not really useful for river maps, but beta 1 has seen a complete overhaul of the region between the Barents Sea and the Caspian and Black seas anyway.

Lake Lagoda seems to be the correct size when compared to lake Victoria or Tanganyika, it's not that Lagoda is too small, but that lake Onega is too big. But there is no half-tile lake assets in the game to represent smaller lakes, it's one full tile or nothing.

The Neva River goes from Lake Ladoga, to the Neva Bay in the Gulf of Finland. Before, it was not connected to Lake Ladoga, and it was frustrating, because there was so little space as it was to place river dependent wonders or districts (Hermitage, Hanging Gardens, aqueduct), especially if you had St. Petersburg in the rightful spot right next to Lake Ladoga, the Gulf of Finland, and the Neva River.

The Neva was shaped well before, wrapping around where Saint Petersburg is supposed to be just like in real life, and would have given you more river tiles to work with if the Neva was connected to Lake Ladoga. In Beta .1, it's not shaped quite right being so straight now, and in turn, it gives you less river tiles to work with than before.

As for Lake Ladoga, if you think that proportionally, not considering by continent, Lake Ladoga is fine for the scale of the map, and you won't be able to comfortably enlarge Lake Victoria and Tanganyika to compensate, that's fine I suppose.

I have installed the mod on Mac, and it appears to work. When the map loads there is no map, and other times the game completely crashes before even going to the initial nation loading screen. Do you know if others have reported similar issues? Thanks

I have been using YnAMP world maps since Civ V and they have been my most favorite games to play! I was really excited to see them for Civ VI and have been using the alpha maps. I updated to the Beta mod and started a new game as England. (quick disclaimer, I am NOT, by any means, at all, an expert or even a skilled modder. I am amateur at best. I simply try my hardest to follow the directions given and play the games) Everything was working fine until turn 108, year 200, when the game crashed. This had never happened before in any Alpha mod game I had played. I tried a few more times to play, every time it crashed at the same point. I extracted the beta file into the same exact location as the alphas, I have no other mods running, and as mentioned before, was able to play the alpha games to modern era with no issues at all.

I am attaching the final save before the crash to see if anyone can help, or if it might help others. Id rather not downgrade back to Alpha, and am somewhat certain this might be user error on my part. If anyone could help a fellow civ fan out, it would be most appreciated
Crash confirmed, it seem to happens at the beginning of Russia turn, but no idea of the cause.

I'd like more savegame from other players just before a crash during the AI turn in beta .1, to see if it's related to a specific area of a map.

Please also note that Civilization 6 activate ALL new mods by default, but you MUST select only the YnAMP components you want to play with, some are not meant to be activated together, but I have no way to block them ATM.

For example you need only one of the "More CS" component activated, same for the Old World / Only Europe components.

The Neva River goes from Lake Ladoga, to the Neva Bay in the Gulf of Finland. Before, it was not connected to Lake Ladoga, and it was frustrating, because there was so little space as it was to place river dependent wonders or districts (Hermitage, Hanging Gardens, aqueduct), especially if you had St. Petersburg in the rightful spot right next to Lake Ladoga, the Gulf of Finland, and the Neva River.

The Neva was shaped well before, wrapping around where Saint Petersburg is supposed to be just like in real life, and would have given you more river tiles to work with if the Neva was connected to Lake Ladoga. In Beta .1, it's not shaped quite right being so straight now, and in turn, it gives you less river tiles to work with than before.

As for Lake Ladoga, if you think that proportionally, not considering by continent, Lake Ladoga is fine for the scale of the map, and you won't be able to comfortably enlarge Lake Victoria and Tanganyika to compensate, that's fine I suppose.
I note to do a boucle for the Neva river next time I work on the map (which may not be "soon", as said I'm only dealing with game breaking bugs during my "modding break")

I have installed the mod on Mac, and it appears to work. When the map loads there is no map, and other times the game completely crashes before even going to the initial nation loading screen. Do you know if others have reported similar issues? Thanks
Crashing with all maps ?

I'd like the lua.log from after a crash please (but I don't know where to find it on a mac)

@dukisha, Funny I'm just the opposite. I would prefer that my cities are able to grow to their full potential so I have a mania around making sure that each of my cities is seven hexes apart. It took me several tries to get Moscow and St Petersburg right as well as Washington and New York. It drives me mad when the AI settles too close to me or I have to raze their cities because they are too close. If you go back through the thread, I think to one of the pages in the 50's you will find instruction from Flash around adjusting the distance allowed between cities.

Thank you. I like to play with big number of civs and I want them to have many cities. It is more realistic game for me. Then I have to rule them all.

So everytime i start a new game on tsl GEM. Some but not all City states appear. Is it meant to be like this?
Like in the last game playing as saladin; jerusalem and carthage didnt appear.
Is there anyway to have like all the city states appear? like in civ 5: 20+civs 40+city states?

I am running the following mods:

Yet (not) Another Maps Pack
YnAMP - Cliff of Dovers Yield Tweak
YnAMP - Faster Border Growth
YnAMP - Faster Movements
YnAMP - More CS for the World
YnAMP - Resources Placement Tweak

I think the "How to change the max number of players in a multiplayer game" no more up-to date due to the "winter" update. The affected file has changed, and your instruction below the spoiler no more working. Could you share the current methode, how to go above 20 civ? Currently it is the max, what I can set up. Or if I'm wrong, tell me please.
Thanks beforehand!

Crash confirmed, it seem to happens at the beginning of Russia turn, but no idea of the cause.

I'd like more savegame from other players just before a crash during the AI turn in beta .1, to see if it's related to a specific area of a map.

Please also note that Civilization 6 activate ALL new mods by default, but you MUST select only the YnAMP components you want to play with, some are not meant to be activated together, but I have no way to block them ATM.

For example you need only one of the "More CS" component activated, same for the Old World / Only Europe components.

I note to do a boucle for the Neva river next time I work on the map (which may not be "soon", as said I'm only dealing with game breaking bugs during my "modding break")

Crashing with all maps ?

I'd like the lua.log from after a crash please (but I don't know where to find it on a mac)
Hey, whatever you need to do. I appreciate it regardless, I just wish there was a World Builder that makes my own edited maps that launch for me.

When playing the giant earth map, the Arabian capitol is named Cairo. Also, Uruk is on the Persian Gulf and Zanzibar in on mainland Africa.

Last edited:
So everytime i start a new game on tsl GEM. Some but not all City states appear. Is it meant to be like this?
Like in the last game playing as saladin; jerusalem and carthage didnt appear.
Is there anyway to have like all the city states appear? like in civ 5: 20+civs 40+city states?

I am running the following mods:

Yet (not) Another Maps Pack
YnAMP - Cliff of Dovers Yield Tweak
YnAMP - Faster Border Growth
YnAMP - Faster Movements
YnAMP - More CS for the World
YnAMP - Resources Placement Tweak
it's hardcoded at 1.5, but set 25 civs on the setup screen with TSL, you'll get 20 civs and 37 CS in game.

I think the "How to change the max number of players in a multiplayer game" no more up-to date due to the "winter" update. The affected file has changed, and your instruction below the spoiler no more working. Could you share the current methode, how to go above 20 civ? Currently it is the max, what I can set up. Or if I'm wrong, tell me please.
Thanks beforehand!
Sorry, I haven't looked at a new method.

When playing the giant earth map, the Arabian capitol is named Cairo. Also, Uruk is on the Persian Gulf and Zanzibar in on mainland Africa.
Thanks, added to the to do.

Crashing with all maps on Mac ?

I'd like the lua.log from after a crash please (but I don't know where to find it on a mac)[/QUOTE]
I figured out the issue, for some reason it was crashing because I was using another mod that was not compatible with this Maps pack

it's hardcoded at 1.5, but set 25 civs on the setup screen with TSL, you'll get 20 civs and 37 CS in game.

So i tried this to see if i could replicate the math but i still wasnt able to get all city states in my game.
I think its because i am having a problem getting duplicate leaders in my game even when i uncheck the box in the options.
i added 4 lots of duplicates plus the 21 civs to get the 25civs needed. but when the game loaded; duplicates not loaded in.

create game 01.jpg create game 02.jpg

Just tried with more CS For The World, got 33 CS on the map, missed 3 because of some TSL set on water (will be corrected in next version, no ETA, it's corrected on gitHub), and 1 (Granada) because I hadn't give it a TSL.

So the math is fine, but you'll need a CS mod with corrected TSL to reach 37.

I had no problems at all with GEM, ludicrous size with the mods shown in
the screenshot.
Also: No barbs, virus checker off, not online.

It was a fairly easy win at Prince level even though I was just bumbling
around while working on something else. The 2nd screenshot is a move before
a science victory as China.
The other remaining civs were doing ok, with Poland expanding like mad.
I'll try at a much higher level when I get time. Maybe one of them will
do better.
20170131122848_1.jpg
20170131123047_1.jpg

Top Bottom