YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

i cannot load the save. it crashes before the load is succesfully completed.
i have win 10 with gforce 970 and 16 gig ram.
i can however start a giant earth game and use reveal all and play for a few turns. ( 24 civs 36 city states )
disabled geometry setting and animations for leaders , rest of the graphs is on high setting

@everyone, requesting a bit of your time to test the attached saved game (all DLC/Expansion) posted on Steam by RYSHER

Let me know:
- if it crashes on load
- if it loads but shows graphic artifact
- if everything is fine after 5-6 turns
- if you can use a "reveal all" in console or tuner without crashing

And what's your graphic card, your OS (win7, win10, etc...), and your DirectX mode (dx11 or dx12)

2xGTX 970 SLI latest drivers, Win7, DX11. No other mods installed. Max graphics options. 1920x1080, borderless window, MSAA 8x.

Try 1: Civ becomes unresponsive before loading finishes. Closed it after ~20 minutes.
Set both graphics sliders to minimum. Disabled anti-aliasing. Turned vsync off.
Try 2: Loads OK.
Play 6 turns OK. No missing textures or any weirdness. Enabled tuner in options. Saved and quit to main menu.
Try 3: Load last save. Crashed to desktop during load.
Try 4: Load last save. Civ becomes unresponsive before loading finishes. Closed it after ~10 minutes.
Try 5: Load last save. Same.
Try 6: Changed borderless window to full screen. Load last save. No change.
Gave up.

ryzen 2700x
GeForce 2080 RTX
32GB RAM
win10 1809
DX12 all ultra 2560x1440

nope, can't enter the savegame, ctd right at the end of loading
on giant my own games get the first weird graphic hickups (building up in the air etc.) mainly after 150-250 turns, when the map is full (32civs, 28cs)
greatest earth map has no problems, even after 1000 turns

GTX 1070, Win10, DX11, Max graphics, 1920x1200, borderless window

Loads for 4 minutes and crashes.
Decided to have both taskmanager and resource monitor open while trying it. Decided to try the same thing with another save file on Play Europe Again.

The image below is for the America save you provided.

The lines indicate when the game crashed (left CPU, right GPU). It might be a little hard to see, but the GPU goes to 100% for a second and then the game crashes immediately.

The next one is for Play Europe Again, on turn 442, 14 civs, ~187 cities year 2020, satellite sent so all tiles are explored.

The lines are in pairs, and for each pair, the leftmost line is when the "continue game" button appears, while the rightmost line is when the map actually loads in. This time the GPU goes up to 60%.

Now instead, I'm trying with graphics set to memory impact: Minimum, and performance: High.
This time the same thing happens for the america save file. It takes slightly longer to load, but still crashes with pretty much the same CPU and GPU graphs.

For the Play Europe Again save, the same thing happens. 60% GPU again.

Performance setting: Medium:
America: Crash, GPU 100%
Play Europe Again: 50-55%

Performance setting: Low:
America: Stopped responding, GPU flat at 0% the entire time. Closed manually
Play Europe Again: slightly below 45-50%

Performance setting: Minimum:
America: Crash, GPU 100%
Play Europe Again: slightly below 45%

The game crashes to the desktop for me when loading the save file from rysher. Tried loading the save file with the two graphical configurations below. My system resources seem to hover around 50% cpu utilization, 4% gpu utilization, and 5.5gb ram utilization when trying to load the save using either configuration, but the gpu utilization in task manager does spike to 100 for a second shortly after the game crashes to the desktop.

1: dx12, ultra settings, 1920x1080 windowed mode, and high res geometry disabled
2: dx11, minimum settings, 1024x768 windowed mode

System specs are I5 7600K, 16GB ram, GTX1060 6gb, windows 10

That being said, the game has been crashing to the desktop the same way anytime I try to load any pre Gathering storm ynamp save I have even if it worked without crashing before. My old saves do load on an older computer (i5 3570k, 8gb ram, gtx750ti, windows 7, dx11, medium settings, 1920x1080 windowed mode) but I have not had a chance to try loading rysher's save on that computer or seeing how stable the game is by playing a few turns of those saves. My ynamp games started since the gathering storm release work fine even in late game so far.

I am also experiencing an issue someone else mentioned earlier in the thread where the game crashes to the desktop when launching an earth satellite or doing a late game "reveal all" on the giant earth map even with all settings reduced to the minimum and playing in strategic view.

Thanks for all the effort you guys put into this mod

I found a bug while playing England on Giant Earth. North America seems not to count as a new continent, however I don´t get units when I settle there. Or maybe it´s a bug with the Rotrock, I just began to settle there when I got them.

Приветствую.
У меня проблема с последней версией мода Civ6 Beta 7.3.4
Мод установился, игра запускается, условия выполнены (включено только это дополнение, остальные отключены, но при создании игры она висит и ничего не происходит.

Moderator Action: Welcome to CivFanatics. We are an English language forum and you must provide an English translation. Thanks. leif

Last edited by a moderator:
Please use Steam or GitHub version for Gathering Storm.

Is there a way to force civ to use less VRAM? Even with the graphics sliders at the minimum it still eats up all the memory. A config setting or maybe repacked lower resolution texture and shadow maps?

I want to place some Geothermal Fissure, floodplanes whith flooding and replase some natural wonders on the GreatestEarth map from this mod. How can I do this and get working rivers whith flooding? I tried whith worldbuilder, but I can't get rivers whith flooding.

Hello everyone, it is me RYSHER. I am the one whose save Gedemon asked you to try to load. First, thank you so much for your time and effort.

The problem is that I have played more than 700 turns on Giant Earth with all civs. After ~700 turn I started to notice strange graphical glitch at the Portugal/Lisbon area. Please, check the screenshot:

20190304022254_1.jpg

Here is what I have noticed so far:

1. I hadn't seen the glitch until I entered the industrial era. I've been playing about two weeks without any glitches up to that moment.
2. The glitch is always at one particular area of the map. It generates fake terrain in the water and on the soil it makes those ugly stretched polygons. Battleships can sail on that fake terrain they just "jump" on it like a car on bumpy road.
2. When I load my save there is no glitch. The glitch only appears when AI is making his turn.
3. The glitch changes its "pattern" during the next AI's turns but it never disappears by itself.
4. Changing graphic options does not help. I tried virtually everything with game's graphic options.

As soon as I noticed the glitch I started to exprerience regular crashes. The crashes are random but they always happen during AI's turn. They tend to happen more and more often as I continue to play.
Now I am on turn 867 and the game crashes almost always when AI is making his turn. So, now the game has become not playable for me.

Most of you mentioned that the game fails to load. Same for me. The more I play the more I experience those freezes during the loading. However it rarely crashes when loading. Most of the time it happens during AI's turn as I mentioned above.

ryzen 2700x
GeForce 2080 RTX
32GB RAM
win10 1809
DX12 all ultra 2560x1440

on giant my own games get the first weird graphic hickups (building up in the air etc.) mainly after 150-250 turns, when the map is full (32civs, 28cs)
Same here! Beside the glitch that was mentioned above I also noticed those buildings in the air! And it is on Giant Earth as well. However I don't think it happens because of the mod.
I have a totally different PC (Win7 64bit, i7-3770K, 16gb RAM, Asus 1070 8gb) so it is neither a hardware problem nor Windows/DX issue.

I submitted a massive text to 2K with details about the crashes and graphical glitches.
There is a little hope that 2K gonna fix this problem with crashes on large maps although it is very likely they're not gonna do it.

Last edited:
jup, it is for sure not the mod, as all other very big maps have the same problem - seems firaxis cut down the size of maps the engine can handle again, just like after rise & fall - after all, it seems the giant earth maps player are screwed, and i don't think firaxis will do anything about it, for them everything is working as expected - i for myself droppt down to greatest earth map, and there are zero problems with the smaller map

Thanks all for the reports on the saved game, so far only people with win 7 seems to be able to load it... IIRC only people with win 7 were able to load the largest earth map since the summer '17 patch and before the GS patch.

no idea what can cause that, using win7 compatibility mode (or using dx11 instead of dx12) was never able to make me load the largest earth on my PC at minimal gfx settings (for reference GTX1080ti, 16 GB ram and i7 4770K on Win 10) since summer 17.

Still, I'd like to be sure, so

@everyone, requesting a bit of your time to test the attached saved game (all DLC/Expansion) posted on Steam by RYSHER

Let me know:
- if it crashes on load
- if it loads but shows graphic artifact
- if everything is fine after 5-6 turns
- if you can use a "reveal all" in console or tuner without crashing

And what's your graphic card, your OS (win7, win10, etc...), and your DirectX mode (dx11 or dx12)
@Ferocitus (you're using win7, aren't you ?) and @agonistes (whats your OS ?) are you able to load that save from the post above ?

I want to place some Geothermal Fissure, floodplanes whith flooding and replase some natural wonders on the GreatestEarth map from this mod. How can I do this and get working rivers whith flooding? I tried whith worldbuilder, but I can't get rivers whith flooding.
we can't place manually "floodplains with flooding", in the next version the mod will call the game's core function for that for all maps now, then add old floodplains in complements so that some area are not left arid by the game's function (like the Nile in current version)

you can add fissures as I've done for Volcanoes using <ExtraPlacement> table (see one of the "How to")

How do i fix loyalty of the cities on Giant Earth map?
there are mods for that.

can't point you to one, I didn't get R&F and still not had the time to try a game in GS yet.

Last edited:
I'd like to add some info, I've been experiencing pretty much the same problems:

1. I'm in the 19th century and the game crashed to desktop so far 5-6 times, once in ~100 turns
2. I noticed "flying" building on few Civs, it happens to different civs every new game I start.
3. At around turn ~350 the game crashed after a very specific turn. I followed the tips here and turned off "Geometry" setting - and it worked.
4. At turn 421 the crash happened again, this time I lowered something else in graphics settings (I will update later what was the setting) - It worked again.
5. Turn 428 - I noticed for the first time the weird graphic glitches (mentioned by others here) occurring on specific cities at a specific "Longitude" which is the edge of the map, I'm not sure if it's related but looks suspicious enough to mention it.
6. Turn 430 - Game crashed again.

Screenshots attached.

Specs:
- Win 7 64bit
- Intel i7 950
- 12GB RAM (Triple Channel)
- GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Attachments

• corrupted_city_1.jpg
    corrupted_city_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 279
  • corrupted_city_2.jpg
    corrupted_city_2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 264
  • corrupted_city_3.jpg
    corrupted_city_3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 290
I'd like to add some info, I've been experiencing pretty much the same problems:

Specs:
- Win 7 64bit
- Intel i7 950
- 12GB RAM (Triple Channel)
- GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
Wow, Tarkules, thank you so much for posting this. I am happy I am not alone with this weird glitch. It makes me think that the glitch is not due to PC specs. It is very interesting that you have the glitch at pretty much the same area where I have it.

I've faced more and more crashes as I continue to play with the glitch and I was able to make a few more turns. Now I am stuck at 878 turn.

The game crashes when AI's turn is in progress and it comes to Roman nation. Always the same no matter what I do.. I tried to declare war, change production, deleting units, change research as well as civic.

I actually tried to move my battleships to the glitch area and I found out that when I move the ship to a specific tile (or tiles) the game crashes. Game also crashes when I execute "reveal all". Now it seems that Roman nation moves its unit to a certain tile and it causes the crash. Pretty much the same thing I did by myself when I moved my ships.

By the way I also see those buildings up in the air at random locations. The game runs smoothly during early and middle stages but goes crazy when you enter late eras. There has to be something that triggers those crashes and glitches.

i have weird bug in the play europe again map. i cannot put mines over "salt" resource.
also is there a plan to update the map with all the new luxury resources and natural wonders ( or is it to make it combatible for all versions base-various dlc ).
i found out how to add the natural wonders but cannot figure out the luxuries.

Top Bottom