YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

Update on Steam/Github:
Code:
- restore original Floodplains positions after calling the in game function for River flooding (fix arid Nile)
- add Gathering Storm Natural Wonders on Greatest Earth, Play Europe Again, Large Europe, Largest Earth Custom thanks to SeelingCat
- add YnAMP custom map sizes to the <Maps_XP2> table (should fix CO2 level and allow random naming of Desert and Mountains) thanks to Silven88
- updated Japanese translation thanks to Sub6

Still need to do something for Fissures, either adding an option for random placement, or using a placement table like for Volcanoes.

Still need to do something for Fissures, either adding an option for random placement, or using a placement table like for Volcanoes.
I think, some Fissures must place in Europe for European Civs. AI likes to build campuses around Fissures and take +2 science from each. This method can get European Civs the way to normal scientific development in game.

Is it because you want to be able to reserve those plots for other features when not paying GS?

Is it because you want to be able to reserve those plots for other features when not paying GS?
Eventually.

Note that they would load fine as features integrated in the Lua table for exported or new maps, it's another option (and yes, there wouldn't be any features on those plots when GS is not activated)

They should already be placed when the Feature placement option is set to "Map Generator" BTW (edit: nope, they don't, this will be fixed in next version)

But it was mostly for volcanoes that I implemented the <RuleSet> condition for the ExtraPlacement table, as they require mountains too, and that would have been a lot of lonely mountain added on the vanilla map.

Which make me realize that I should maybe add a tag to prevent the placement of the Volcanoes from the ExtraPlacement table when the Feature placement option is set to "Map Generator", as there would be random volcanoes added as well...

Last edited:
Hi Guys! Anybody having issues as follows?
- With Giant earth, some of civs shows up colorless
- Once I reach nuclear era, the game crashes.
I do about 36 civs and 4 city states. Tried it without barbarians this time and it still crashed.

Hi Guys! Anybody having issues as follows?
- With Giant earth, some of civs shows up colorless
- Once I reach nuclear era, the game crashes.
I do about 36 civs and 4 city states. Tried it without barbarians this time and it still crashed.

Hey ;), as you can read above the big maps don´t work anymore. Firaxis seems to have implemented a maximum size. All above "Greatest Earth Map" seem to be affected.

And......I just uninstalled the game. Zero fun.

Thank you again @Gedemon & Co. and forum people for all the support and the efforts.
Civ6 is meaningless without YnAMP. 20 years of legacy, and not a bit of wisdom was gained at Firaxis HQ.

Good luck guys and have fun :)

Thanks all for the reports on the saved game, so far only people with win 7 seems to be able to load it... IIRC only people with win 7 were able to load the largest earth map since the summer '17 patch and before the GS patch.

no idea what can cause that, using win7 compatibility mode (or using dx11 instead of dx12) was never able to make me load the largest earth on my PC at minimal gfx settings (for reference GTX1080ti, 16 GB ram and i7 4770K on Win 10) since summer 17.

Still, I'd like to be sure, so

@Ferocitus (you're using win7, aren't you ?) and @agonistes (whats your OS ?) are you able to load that save from the post above ?

we can't place manually "floodplains with flooding", in the next version the mod will call the game's core function for that for all maps now, then add old floodplains in complements so that some area are not left arid by the game's function (like the Nile in current version)

you can add fissures as I've done for Volcanoes using <ExtraPlacement> table (see one of the "How to")

there are mods for that.

can't point you to one, I didn't get R&F and still not had the time to try a game in GS yet.

Just got back. I'll try to load it this weekend, and do some other tinkering.

I haven't tried to load the game you referred to, but I know the graphic glitches from previous Ynamp efforts soon after releases of R&F etc.
There is some issue with wrap-around of coordinates. The problems occur close to where longitude passes through 0.

I have extended the number of turns before I hit the same problem by "correcting" some minor xml code, but that wasn't enough to prevent eventual CTDs. I'd put the corrections on github, but I haven't got time atm to learn how to submit suggested changes on it.

I'd really like to have more feedback on that save if possible.

New update on Steam/GitHub
Code:
- update Simplified Chinese translation thanks to gamesyofo
- add Korean translation thanks to S2SKY
- add "Lowland placement" option (normal or "deeper" where sea rising can reach further inland, following flatland plots)
- add <Elevation> tag for the ExtraPlacement table, allowing Lowland setting/override on specific plots

Edit: "Matching Flatland" placement option:
Clipboard-1.jpg

I haven't tried to load the game you referred to, but I know the graphic glitches from previous Ynamp efforts soon after releases of R&F etc.
There is some issue with wrap-around of coordinates. The problems occur close to where longitude passes through 0.

I have extended the number of turns before I hit the same problem by "correcting" some minor xml code, but that wasn't enough to prevent eventual CTDs. I'd put the corrections on github, but I haven't got time atm to learn how to submit suggested changes on it.
This kind of glitch ?
Spoiler :
Clipboard-1.jpg

No, more like the attached.
For me they always occur after about 280-320 turns (at marathon pace) and always near to Spain or England.
Many times they happened near a wonder, e.g. Cliffs of Dover. I have also seen them occur further south in Africa
but just as before, near 0 longitude.
glitch15mar19.jpg

Ferocitus, thank you so much for posting this. I experience this as well. Have you tried to move unit to the area of the glitch? In my case the game crashes when I try it.

By the way, here is the link to my save (updated).
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LzZ4o5_OSjO8s4qg4sSa1DpLRR2F70Nm

It is Civ6 + all DLC + YnAMP. In this save the game always crashes when I hit "next turn" and it goes to Roman civilization. Me and Gedemon would appreciate if you try it.

If the save stucks at loading just give it another try. It happens sometimes. 2-4 attempts usually enough to get successful load.

Ferocitus, thank you so much for posting this. I experience this as well. Have you tried to move unit to the area of the glitch? In my case the game crashes when I try it.

By the way, here is the link to my save (updated).
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LzZ4o5_OSjO8s4qg4sSa1DpLRR2F70Nm

It is Civ6 + all DLC + YnAMP. In this save the game always crashes when I hit "next turn" and it goes to Roman civilization. Me and Gedemon would appreciate if you try it.

If the save stucks at loading just give it another try. It happens sometimes. 2-4 attempts usually enough to get successful load.

Yes, in my games it crashes on the next move after the glitch appears. It doesn't matter whether I move into the scrambled graphic area or away from it. Reloading a saved game doesn't work. Reloading a couple of turns back also doesn't help. The same glitch appears with a CTD to follow.

The same happened when R&F was released. In that case, there were problems with wonders that occupied more than one hex.
E.g. A few times I saw that Lake Retba and Cliffs of Dover were split into 2 separate hexes.

I've added terrain types to a couple of the natural wonders in GS that were missing them.
So far, the Giant Map (not the Terra version of it) is behaving well after 400 turns. I never got that far with the Terra maps with the same number of civs and CS. (However, my "fixes" didn't help in the long run for the Terra version.)

I'll try your saved game on a Win7 machine shortly. Maybe tomorrow for a test under Linux.

Top Bottom