Your Favourite Starting Resource

With a mine...

Only then you are required to found all 7 religions in your capitol!

A river-side grassland FP corn Biology farm is pretty nice. 10:food:1:commerce:. :p

Oh wait, that's cheating. Can't assume Biology unless later era start. :D

I don't see the assumption of ancient start stated anywhere in the thread, so i don't see how assuming Biology was cheating in any sense. That is why i said that...

My single favorite tile is grassland gems--especially since they tend to come in clumps. I once had 7 in my capital's BFC.

After that I like gold and silver. They require food to be good, but more often than not your capital will have enough food. Silver, unfortunately, tends to be a consolation prize for putting a city in the tundra, but sometimes you get a good capital with seafood and silver.

After that I like stone. It doesn't have to be in the BFC (although settling on a stone hill can be fun) if you can get it in a good second city or 2nd border pop. Having stone makes pyramids practical.

I don't see the assumption of ancient start stated anywhere in the thread, so i don't see how assuming Biology was cheating in any sense. That is why i said that...

:lol: I was poking fun. Of course, FP corn with grassland is the bit that's cheating. :D

A river-side grassland FP corn Biology farm is pretty nice. 10:food:1:commerce:. :p

Oh wait, that's cheating. Can't assume Biology unless later era start. :D

Add truffles and a financial leader and it's 11:food:3:commerce: :goodjob:

Quick speed, Future or modern era start. 2 workers, farm takes 2 turns. ;) Or you could just do advanced start anyway.

Depends on the strategy, really... Stone/Plains for wonder rush, corn/wheat for REALLY fast expansion, lots of hills for Powerhouse and war. Best starting place I got was only yesterday... Arctic starting place, stone on a plains hill, a few other plains hills, river flatlands (2) and a whopping 7 seafood resources (5 crab and 2 fish). Beijing size 29 by the end of the game, without Sid's Sushi. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Plains rivered fur, preferably with a fin leader :)

Top Bottom