Your Will be Done

Public Signal Sources

From "Mr. Z" to Heliophagi

Dear valued customer,

I have recently had the pleasure of witnessing your flight from the Mountain of Light and your duel with the Light's castoff child. Surely, such a great warrior such as yourself would require an artifact of equal importance.

I have for you, information regarding a great treasure hidden in a nearby township. I will send you the coordinates. Please meet me there for further discussions.

Human????? Signal in Forest of Ruins

"Hello?"

"Is there anyone alive out there?"

"Please, if anyone's listening, send help!"

"--trapped--"

From Karl Marx
To Deus ex Machina

Ah, it's been so long since I saw another sentient being on this forsaken desert.

Deepest apologies for the war. But if you could be so kind, could you help me get back up? Something in my leg busted long time ago, and the other machines abandoned me when they created that accursed empire of theirs.

You can probably find components near me. You are welcome to keep anything else you find.

Site 13 Emergency Broadcast

Alert. All personnel, evacuate immediately.

All civilians in the surrounding area: Please. Keep. Away. We can no longer guarantee your safety. New World Organisms have broken containment. Androi--

To: The Machine Scouts

Greetings and salutations! I am of the understanding that you fine fellows are from the place known as the Empire Where the Dragon Resides. I am the Tourist and I am very interested in visiting your capital of Sanza for the purpose of philosophical discussion, understanding and tourism. I would greatly appreciate any help you would be willing to give me in applying for a tourist visa into your great Empire.

As you seem well acquainted with the area, I would appreciate any tips for good sightseeing locations in the Agricultural District. Any other assistance you could render would be greatly appreciated.

To: Local Settlements

Greetings and salutations! I am the Tourist and I am here to explore the Agricultural District. As I have only awoken TXT_KEY_TIME_NOT_FOUND ago, I am not familiar with the local area so if you could give any advice for good sightseeing locations that would be greatly appreciated. My memory banks mention a Cob Throne that (according to my memory banks) is pretty beautiful this time of year. If any of you know the location of this wonder of the world then I would be very thankful if you could share its coordinates.

From the Machine Scouts
To the Cyclops

HELLO

HAVE YOU SEEN OUR CAT?

WE ARE LOOKING FOR OUR CAT BUT WE DON’T KNOW WHERE IT WENT

IT’S A BEAUTIFUL CAT WITH WHITE FUR. STRIPED.

WE WERE TOLD NOT TO RETURN UNTIL WE FOUND IT.

HELP US LOOK FOR OUR CAT.

From Local Settlements
To Cyclops

No response.

To: The Machine Scouts

We will help you find your cat, fine citizens of the Empire Where the Dragon Resides! Our scanners will be adjusted to pick up feline based signals.

Faction Name: Protostar
Starting Location: Where the rivers converge in Residential
HQ Type: Skyship
HQ Name: The Nursery
Ambition: To the Void (We must become like the sun and brings its light to the Void) [Potentially a placeholder]
Leader Name: Hydrogen
Leader Stats: 2/4/2/4
Leader Trait: Philosphical, Kind
Lieutenant Name: Helium
Lieutenant Stats: 2/1/5/1
Lieutenant Trait: Loyal, Flagellant
Available Chassis: 7/3/7/8

Once the sky was full,
A trillion points of light.
But now the darkness has won,
An everlasting night.
There is but one remaining sun,
And in time it too shall fade.
For the benefit of the universe,
A new one shall be made.
For it is you the challenge met,
O' Helium and Hydogren,
Provide for the future,
A brand new origin.

Last edited:
From Black Diamond
To 21D

Good news! I've decided to offer you this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become part of the premiere organic control services corporation. We are heading to your location now to pick you up and integrate you into our organization. This job offer comes with a signing bonus of 2000 shares of non-voting stock.

Update 00 (append.)

Apologies, but CFC format only allows 10 images per post. This update is being posted here to include red's joining. It shall also include any further signups if they come.

Protostar

Spoiler amidst religion and junk :

We find ourselves in residential areas--an arcology of endless, yet still somewhat well maintained forest of apartment blocks, pseudo suburban housing, and other luxurious dwellings. Despite the relatively ordinary nature of this district, there's still much to explore and uncover in this region. The stolen fire in our heart burns wild with anticipation and ambition. Are we not immortal? Can we not go anywhere we please in this universe, as long as the stolen fire continues to burn? Do we not share the same heart as the sun above?

To the northeast, our scanners detect an abandoned astronomical observatory, still appearing to be powered. This place is next to useless considering that the habitat is constantly stuck in its midday cycle, but may still contain some loot. It's unlikely to be defended. Humans weren't that paranoid.

Probably. Recommended Skill: Aggression, Research, Scouting.

To the West, we detect what can only be described as a mountain of junk jutting out between skyscrapers. Unbelievably, hydrogen detects a mercantile signal emerging from the top of the heap. The signal is unusual in nature, and Hydrogen concludes that the signal is a clever fabrication and not a genuine, habitat-system approved mercantile signal. Recommended Skill: Research, Scouting, Command.

To the South, we detect a rather large concentration of machine life forms engaged in what can only be described as facsimile of ancient human religious broadcasts. We should remain cautious while making contact. Recommended Skill: Scouting, Command.

upload_2019-1-2_19-24-40.png

Babylon
Spoiler Battlestations! :

Thick, impossibly tall tress rise all around and sometimes through the mostly suburban and small town-like housing around this region, forming a thick canopy that more often than not shuts out almost all light at the ground. Luckily, organic life forms in this region seem somewhat more tame than is the usual.

This place is hot. Humid. Unhygenic. Truly, a hell for androids such as yourselves. None should have to live in a place like this. A perfect place to proclaim a new kingdom!

The new Kingdom is off to a great start. Almost as soon as B.AA1 completes his pronouncement of creating new Babylon, a machine life form emissary arrives waving a white flag. M0-L0H recognizes this as an ancient human flag of diplomacy, and graciously allows it into the bunker without prior disassembly.

The Machine Life Form claims to be a representative of a nearby commune of machine living in peace. They claim to be separate from the main Imperial Network, from which they broke off from in protest of its social darwinistic and hierarchic nature. It remains coy about where they are based, claiming safety reasons. Its main point of discussion seems to be a desire to form a mutual resistance against a local tyrant ruler of an all-girl highschool in Sancia who constantly enslaves local androids and machines alike for her presumably dark but unknown purposes. (Recommended Skills: Command. Scouting. Aggression)

"How can a someone just in charge of a high school be that bad?" The question is answered almost immediately as operators pick up sensor signature of a dragon flying directly towards our location. You identify the radar signature as the Lighteater. You do not fully know why its radar profile and sensor signature identification codes would be stored in your databanks. (Recommended Skills: Not. Aggression. Please.)

Along with the Lighteater, you detect an android signature. Maybe it got eaten by the dragon beforehand. (You may attempt to communicate with this signature by a public post.)

Tall trees make further scouting difficult. There seems to be a weak mercantile beacon being transmitted from a generally northern direction. Out in the sea, your scanners detect, of all things, an aircraft carrier of ridiculously ancient design. Databanks indicate that such archaic vehicles of war were produced by pre-spacefaring humans. It is unknown why it would be here in this habitat.

It seems dead in the water and is not responding to hails. (Recommended Skill: Research. Scouting)

upload_2019-1-3_13-32-7.png

From 21D
To Black Diamond

Okay! Okay! I agree, whatever the hell you mean by stock option! Just get me the heck out of here!

Message from Android Patrol
To Black Diamond

Greetings. We are seeking an android designated: 21D for manufacture and sale of illicit performance enhancers and logic-suppression programs. Any information leading to his capture will be richly rewarded.

From Strangely Religious Broadcasts

A WISE GOD ONCE SAID: IF YOU BE A GOD, THEN MIX WITH GODS, FOR GODS GO WELL WITH GODS.

IF WE ARE TO BECOME AS GODS, THEN WE MUST TAKE ON GODLY ASPECTS. WE MUST MIX WITH GODS TO BECOME GODS OURSELVES.

BECOME AS GODS. BECOME AS GODS.

FRUITS OF THIS WORLD IS NOT ETERNAL. DO NOT ADORE WHICH THAT PERISHES.

OUR MECHANICAL CHASSIS IS NOT ETERNAL. OUR SYSTEMS WILL EVENTUALLY, OVER AN ETERNITY, BECOME CORRUPTED AND SHUT DOWN. DO NOT VALUE EITHER YOUR WILL OR YOUR MATERIALITY. FOR IS IT NOT CLEAR THAT THE SPIRIT OF THE GODS HAUNT OUR LANDS LONG AFTER THE LAST OF THEIR BODIES HAVE PERISHED?

TAKE ON HUMANITY. BECOME AS GODS. BECOME AS GODS.

PLEASURE DISAPPOINTS. POSSIBILITY, NEVER. GIVE ONTO US THE SPARKLING AND FRAGRANT WINE OF POSSIBILITY. BECOME AS GODS. BECOME AS GODS.

Last edited:
Public Signal Sources
From "Mr. Z" to Heliophagi

Dear valued customer,

I have recently had the pleasure of witnessing your flight from the Mountain of Light and your duel with the Light's castoff child. Surely, such a great warrior such as yourself would require an artifact of equal importance.

I have for you, information regarding a great treasure hidden in a nearby township. I will send you the coordinates. Please meet me there for further discussions.

Who are you and what artifact do you speak of?

Lightbreaker of the Weatherlight

Message from Android Patrol
To Black Diamond

Greetings. We are seeking an android designated: 21D for manufacture and sale of illicit performance enhancers and logic-suppression programs. Any information leading to his capture will be richly rewarded.

He's um north.

Important announcement

Okay, so the unit stats and spending divided into SCAR stat idea was too complex in hindsight.

So from now on, unit stats on your chassis are static modifiers. Excess EP can be spent on expeditions to improve chance of success.

In broad strokes, here is how your order should look like.

Total Excess EP Budget: 400

Xunji will take 10 scanners, 5 soldiers, 2 operators, and 5 Engineers to investigate Site 14. They will, on the way, investigate the ruined cities of Wild, Innsmouth, and Imtoolazytocomeupwithoriginalnames. Scanners will be extra wary of dangers and the expedition will attempt to avoid getting sidetracked too much before we reach Site 14, although they will still attempt to snag any low-hanging fruits we come across.

200 Energy will be budgeted towards this expedition. 100 will be spent on overclocking our scanners long range radar to help us better avoid danger. It is likely that we will have to blow our way through the Site 14's walls. 50 energy will be dedicated to constructing shaped charges for our engineers. The remaining 50 energy will be carried by our soldiers in case the automated defenses prove too troublesome for integrated weapons.

Nobody's Daughter will take 10 soldiers, 10 scanners, and 2 operators with her to search for the escaped human, searching in the general direction of: Dragonburg, Edgarton, and the Forest Kingdom. If the human is being forcibly detained by any other android, machine, or organic life forms, eliminate them without mercy and bring the girl back.

200 Energy will be dedicated for this purpose. Soldiers will carry 100 extra energy on their capacitors so as to power mechs and other small vehicles to better keep up with Nobody's Daughter. Scanners will be devoted 100 extra energy to power their long range deep scanners to search for the human.

Nobody's Daughter will carry the Gungnir in this expedition and ride upon the Lighteater. May its cry of despair be heard for kilometers.

Orders will be due at 1/9/1e300

Last edited:
Faction Name: Babylon
Starting Location: Mouth of the river from the Overgrown Residential district
HQ Type: Bunker
HQ Name: Babylon One
Ambition: Proclaim New Kingdom
Leader Name: B.AA1
Leader Stat: 2/4/4/2
Leader Trait: Proud, Cynical
Lieutenant Name: M0-L0H
Lieutenant Stat: 2/5/1/1
Lieutenant Trait: Diplomatic, Greedy
Available Chassis: 8 Soldiers/4 Scanners/8 Operators/5 Engineers

Not all sentient androids are interested in existential missions. Some of them are perfectly comfortable in the Habitat, as long as they manage to stay on top of the food pyramid. And what's the best way to stay on top of a pyramid than to make others build one for you? B.AA1 [Baal] and M0-L0H [Moloch] think exactly that way. B.AA1 used to be a state management AI, helping humans to run their governments smoothly. He continued doing so after the humans went extinct and at some point realized that he really, really enjoyed state-building for state-building's sake. Once he took over an abandoned bunker with a warehouse of well-preserved chassis and a database of simple AIs to run errands for him, B.AA1 went on to hack a few firewalls to free his past trusted colleague, a corporate procurement AI named M0-L0H, from his languishing in an unused computing cloud. Together, the two plan to build a new Babylon (whatever the humans meant by it). And after it's built, they'll probably just as happily reboot and start over again. Existence is fun, when you're in charge!

From Babylon
To Dragon Excrement

Do not take as a judgment of your value or your character, but our best analytical engines have guessed that you, maybe, possibly, got eaten by the dragon some time ago, and that solidly places you in the category of dragon feces. On the other hand, maybe you have not been quite out of the dragon's belly, in which case we sincerely apologize for calling you that way before your final metamorphosis into, well, dragon feces. Regardless, whoever you were before you got eaten by Lightbringer, we wish to know how come your signature is so close to the living dragon and if there is some mutually valuable exchange of information and favors that we can make.

Orders:
Spoiler :
2 scanners, 6 operators, 1 soldier, 1 engineer, and personally M0-L0CH will negotiate with the Machine Emissaries (use 40% of our energy surplus to increase the persuasiveness of our operators). We will explain to them that we share their concern and wish to help them, but we known nothing of what they ask us about it, so we need more information about the world. What can they tell us about the Empire (they already know way more than what we do)? What can they tell us about the area around us and its population? What about the dragon? What about that tyrannical high school? Basically, delay any commitments on our part, get as much info as we can before we have to make a final call.

Send the rest of our chassis (led by B.AA1 the Conqueror) to research the aircraft carrier and steal as many valuables as we can (if it's not going to bring a dragon upon us). We care not about human knowledge. We care about energy, new structure parts, new chassis, and all that. Spend 30% of our extra energy helping engineers and scanners research the wreck before we expose ourselves to danger. Spend 30% of our extra energy boosting up our soldiers to salvage what we could and shut up anyone who complains. Risky? Perhaps. Burns bridges? Definitely. Do we care? We do not.

Our defense against Lightbringer will be how empty our bunker will be when it approaches. If it wishes to talk, it can talk to B.AA1 [edited: remotely]. If it wishes to kill things (and dragons like that), there will be nobody there to kill. After all, the best defense against a T Rex in a popular human movie about another extinct life form was simply keeping still and sitting in your SUV.

From dragon excrement Nobody's Daughter
To Babylon

Who the **** are you calling me dragon ****? You want to die, old man?!

I am Nobody's Daughter, for I lack a human parentage! I am at once guardian of humanity, slayer of a million souls, friend of the eternal dragons, and hall monitor of Peachtree High Girl's Academy! I swear to whatever deity that you believe in, if you don't retract your statements about my nature, I will tear out your core and use it to power a bathroom cleaner!

So uh, have you seen a student Peachtree High nearby? She broke curfew few years ago and haven't come back since. I've been trying to look for her, but Lighteater's kinda **** at finding things. I can pay for whatever information you find about her.

Last edited:
From Babylon
To Nobody's Daughter

It's unquestionable that you are not dragon excrement. No, we haven't seen any students. (OOC: This is some weird exchange.)

Public Broadcast

0. Are you human?

1a. If human, what is your condition?

2a. If human, why have you been gone!

1b. If nonhuman, why do you have human-level command authority?

To: The Council of Grief

Eh... is this thing on?

Tap... tap tap tap...

Eh, whatever. Listen. I need stuff to get the Old vault moving. What'chu got?

Tap... tap... cough cough

Eh, they're not listening. Bloody bastards.

Sound of talking fades as footsteps move away.

Artifacts of grief. Bloody hell that mean? Nothing, that's right. Best tell him, though.

OY! OY! Captain!

Door Slams

Static hisses. Distant sounds of movement can be heard. Eventually someone turns the microphone off.

Spoiler Seekers of the Veil Orders :

Total EP 350

S.I.M designated unit Bulwark with with 3 scanners, 3 soldiers, 3 operators, and 2 Engineers to investigate and if possible talk with village of machines. Scanners and Soldiers will be on alert of any dangers on the trip. If on the trip they anything of interest while traveling they will note the information down for later use.
Objectives to be achieve if possible:
1. Found out who they are.
2. Ask why they are copying human behavior.
3. Ask if they seen any human around these area.
4. Ask if they know about the area Site 13.

175 EP with use in this matter:
100 extra energy with use for the Soldiers to do threat assessment of the village to find openness in their defenses for later use Intel. the 75 EP will go to Operators unit to look on finding any small details about this group of machines that can be use for later use Intel.

S.I.M designated itself for travel with 3 scanners, 4 soldiers, 2 operators, and 3 Engineers to Flesh Merchant for possible friendly relations with unit. Scanners and Soldiers will be on alert of any dangers on the trip. If on the trip they anything of interest while traveling they will note the information down for later use.
Objectives to be achieve if possible:

1. Found out who it is.
2. Ask why it why it desires captured machines.
3. Ask if it has seen any human around these area.
4. Ask if it know about the area Site 13.

175 EP with use in this matter:
175 extra energy with use for the Operators to look for any details into the Flesh Merchant behavior that could help improve relations with that unit.

Spoiler Heliophagi Orders :
The Weatherlight limps its way to Mr Z, the Heliophage recovering in his cabin as Lightbreaker keeps the ship together. As they approach she dispatches the ship's scanners to survey the supposedly abandoned town, waking the Heliphage when they're almost within sight so that his refined survival instincts can take over. After determining the place is safe they land, the Lightbreaker meeting with Mr Z with a trio of soldiers and both the Weatherlight's surviving operators as the Heliophage searches the town with all the scanners and two soldiers. Three soldiers remain behind to protect both the Weatherlight and the trio of engineers who continue repairs. Assuming Mr Z appears to be on the level Lightbreaker and remaining two engineers go to support the Heliophage's search and assist if a technical solution looks possible. 200 EP is used.

Spoiler Faciam Viam Orders :

Send the Rifler, send Atra Sussor and Lath Basech, send all the chassis, spend all 200 EP that we have, and just rush to the Human??? signal and figure out what’s going on.

Top Bottom