IGN - Empires of the Smoky Skies preview

the CN Tower in the Scenario give a free Broadcast Tower in all cities AND +1 pop/city AND +1 happiness/city.

-- huge empire boost for a huge empire. :D

edit: got post-owned.

(found at 6:05 in the video).

Wow, the red texture patch bug is still around. I thought they've completely fixed it.

Sorry MadDjinn!

Also, it seems that the only ability the great artist has is to start a golden age. Very likely that the ability has been removed from other great people then.

Edit: Near the end several city states declared war but he only got a single notification for it. Hurrah!

One thing to note: the CN tower give a free broadcast tower in every city, +1 population and happiness in each city. Seem pretty powerful!
It might be a different effect in the real game tough, might be a scenario-specific ability.

(Stop the youtube video at exactly 6:08, he did hover his cursor over the CN tower!)

P.s(I try to use a screenshot, but I dont know where my computer put the image, /fail lol)

Yeap, it is also possible that the Neuschwein Castle, has also diffrent in game bonus, because the screenshot came from the Smoky Sky Scenario too.

Hong Kong and Cahokia are confirmed as Mercantile City-States (at least in the scenario, @ 6:40). Have we seen them before?

I do hope that Cahokia is also in the base game. More Native American cultures are definitely a good thing.

I honestly don't understand why there are people who aren't excited for this scenario. One of the leaders is wearing a top hat and monocle! A TOP HAT and MONOCLE! Come on people, this scenario is awesome.

I've tried to get excited about Steampunk stuff before, but it's not really my thing. Couple that with my dislike of scenarios, and it's more of a turn-off than a turn-on.

I've tried to get excited about Steampunk stuff before, but it's not really my thing. Couple that with my dislike of scenarios, and it's more of a turn-off than a turn-on.

The AI did not look too impressive. First it moved its airship to a tile between two enemy units. I am not sure why it did that, other than to say the AI passes Shirk goes on about, did not seem to work out too well. :(

I am not into the scenario really, but the strange thing is that it has all of the normal units with it. I feel it should have all unique style units. For instance, instead of a normal BB, have it be this mean looking steam powered sailing monstrosity coming to blast you out of the water. Basically just make units to fit the context of the scenario. All the cities and everything should also look the part. They don't and that is kinda lame. I am trying to be critical of what I saw. This is not a rant. That scenario will be a great one for the modders to fix up.

Top Bottom