New Civ5 Expansion coming? One World?

ainwood

Consultant.
Administrator
Haven't seen a news item on this yet!

From Joystiq.com
Civilization 5 might be getting a new expansion titled "One World," according to a listing on the Steam Apps Database, as spotted by members of the 2K Games forums. The database lists only "Expansion - One World Content" and its executable file for PC, with no additional information. Neither 2K nor Firaxis have confirmed future DLC for the game.

The previous expansion for Civilization 5 was Gods and Kings, which launched in June. We thought that expansion brought us pretty close to the "final version" of Civilization 5, but it seems there's always room for improvement. Rome wasn't built in a day, people.

Link to article
Link to 2K games forum thread

Thanks to Lord Foortwenti for the info!

The expansion limits Civ 5 to one map script. Firaxis has been quoted as saying, "After all that, that's it! You just get one! No Archipelago for you!"
Moderator Action: You should make jokes more obvious :shake:.

What does "One World" mean? I can't imagine what it will cover, but I am stoked. :worship:

What a joke, your moderators are annoyed that these news site don't link to you, because als these informations are discovered here first. And now the civfanatics news guys himself don't even link to the thread in their own forum where everything started... this looks very chaotic and unprofessional.

What a joke, your moderators are annoyed that these news site don't link to you, because als these informations are discovered here first.

I don't think any of the moderators were annoyed

my civ5 game is still partially broken from their last update. I cant reload to a previoius turn without the game crashing to desktop.

"One World"? Are they stealing titles from "Survivor" now? What's next: "Civilization V: Heroes vs. Villains"?! :)

What?? All the news originated from your site :p
3-4 days before those articles started popping up (and about 2 days before any other forum picked it up) so be proud of CFC ;)
Check this thread from post 236: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=458771&page=12

Furthermore, a separate thread for One World is active since January 12.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=485630

All the articles should link back to CFC
And naturally, this news item too

Thanks. I new it was being discussed here (the 2nd post on the 2K thread says that, and one of the active people in the 2K thread is one of out content staff, Pouakai (who linked back here, albeit with w broken link).

I just didn't check the time line.

Thanks. I new it was being discussed here (the 2nd post on the 2K thread says that, and one of the active people in the 2K thread is one of out content staff, Pouakai (who linked back here, albeit with w broken link).

I just didn't check the time line.

I'd just like to formally congratulate you to be one of the few people to spell my name correctly :goodjob:

I have a feeling we'll see the announcement at about the same time as G&K was (February 16)

my civ5 game is still partially broken from their last update. I cant reload to a previoius turn without the game crashing to desktop.
Yes Glad to hear that there are others who have this problem two.

i've had the same problem just don't reload it olso corrupts the save file of the game and crashes constantly Hope they fix that.

Its actualy pretty funny now I don't reload turns So i have to deal with mis clicks.

Civilization V: The Amazing Race!

I just knew it in my bones. Great news!

Top Bottom