10 Ways Communists Are Like Conservatives: An Appeal to the Righties

Did this thread make you more or less likely to support a communist?

• Total voters
The problem is that nothing you believe is true. There is no money that can be cut from entitlements outside of healthcare that does not mean that people miss meals. The government used to have far more of GDP than it does now, and the economy did better than it does now.

The problem is that we think it is the job of the state to use force to provide people with food.

The problem is also that we actually pay people not to plant and so to artifically keep food more expensive than it should be.

Social security should be eliminated entirely as it is a ponzi scheme.

That should get you started:)

And replace it with..........................................................

Traitorfish thinks the government should just stop recognizing private property rights.

And replace it with..........................................................
Replace it with whatever comes after capitalism. Practice precedes ideas.

Traitorfish thinks the government should just stop recognizing private property rights.
I don't think that the government should do anything. I think it needs to be abolished.

I find it interesting that there is such a strong disagreement between anarcho-capitalists (I'm not one BTW, just noting a trend) and anarcho-communists. You'd think they'd be on the same side since any real anarchist society would ultimately contain both.

No, it wouldn't. Capitalism is an inherently authoritarian mode of social organisation. You may as well have "anarcho-feudalism", for all the sense it would make.

I think property being authoritarian is debatable.

You could also argue that prohibitions against murder are also authoritarian since they prohibit actions, but what on earth would be the point?

You could also argue that prohibitions against murder are also authoritarian since they prohibit actions, but what on earth would be the point?

Because not liking corporations and the power they may abuse=pro-murder. :rolleyes:

It's about wage-labour rather than just private property. It's an inherently authoritarian system, and anyone who claims to be an anarchist- or even a mere "libertarian"- without developing a critique of the wage-relation and the factory-system is simply lacking the critique of authority that the use of such labels demands.

People being decent to each other. :)
Can't people start being decent to each other and abolish the capitalist system by that? Why does it require the revolutionary destruction of the system first?

The problem is that we think it is the job of the state to use force to provide people with food.

The problem is also that we actually pay people not to plant and so to artifically keep food more expensive than it should be.

Social security should be eliminated entirely as it is a ponzi scheme.

That should get you started:)

So...
1. Cut food stamps and let the poor fend for themselves. So what if some children skip a few meals? And let's kill subsidized school lunches for poor kids since that's basically the same thing.
2. Cut a program that has a negligible impact on food prices but prevents soil erosion so that we can hopefully go back to another Dust Bowl
3. Remove financial security for seniors because the current program is considered a "ponzi scheme" instead of mending the program so that it will be sustainable

Sounds great! But what problems have we solved so far?

Eh, McCullough is too afraid of having an opinion to say anything really substantial.

Can't people start being decent to each other and abolish the capitalist system by that? Why does it require the revolutionary destruction of the system first?

I don't know. Just planting seeds, here. :dunno:

It's about wage-labour rather than just private property. It's an inherently authoritarian system, and anyone who claims to be an anarchist- or even a mere "libertarian"- without developing a critique of the wage-relation and the factory-system is simply lacking the critique of authority that the use of such labels demands.

You've certainly never lived in America:lol:

I get what you're saying but its a completely different political view than what libertarianism is in America. Pro-property libertarians and anti-property libertarians really need a different name:p

So...
1. Cut food stamps and let the poor fend for themselves. So what if some children skip a few meals? And let's kill subsidized school lunches for poor kids since that's basically the same thing.
2. Cut a program that has a negligible impact on food prices but prevents soil erosion so that we can hopefully go back to another Dust Bowl
3. Remove financial security for seniors because the current program is considered a "ponzi scheme" instead of mending the program so that it will be sustainable

Sounds great! But what problems have we solved so far?

I doubt that #2 would cause a dustbowl necessarily and it would drive down the prices of food so food shortages would be less common/serious.

And unless every liberal on the planet is an absolute hypocrite, there is still such a thing as private charity.

Instead, you choose the path of coercion and theft.

I get what you're saying but its a completely different political view than what libertarianism is in America. Pro-property libertarians and anti-property libertarians really need a different name:p

How about "propertarians" and "libertarians?"

Top Bottom