1000 Clues You Play Civ IV Too Much

ah but it is meant to be that ALL people who's family are originally from europe are related to Charlamagne

If we all have at least 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents and so on, even if you only go back 33 generations, you end up with over 8 billion people, more than there are now in the world and if you consider that in the 1800 we weren't even 1 billion, then it's actually quite easy to be a direct descendant of one of those men. And if you go back more generations, say 40 because it's a round number, you end up with about 1.1 trillion people, and that's just absurd.

We're all just one big family, yay for wincest. :lol:

If we all have at least 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 8 great-grandparents and so on, even if you only go back 33 generations, you end up with over 8 billion people, more than there are now in the world and if you consider that in the 1800 we weren't even 1 billion, then it's actually quite easy to be a direct descendant of one of those men. And if you go back more generations, say 40 because it's a round number, you end up with about 1.1 trillion people, and that's just absurd.

That's not taking into account heavily-inbred families, like the Spanish Habsburgs.

2711. You've checked the government plans for the Japanese economy and find out the "Cool Japan" initiative--this delineates a government plan to establish Japan as a cultural superpower; in other words, they're seeking the cultural victory after restoring order and prosperity after their failed attempt to win at conquest in WWII.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cool_Japan

I doubt that's true -- but apparently a huge fraction of Mongolia is descended from Ghengis.

Not to mention India, China and Europe. He had a huge harem (up to 3,000 women in some accounts) and so did all of his many sons. The enitre Mongol nobility today is descended from him, along with 8% of Asian males and most of the survivors of the Indian nobility.

Charlemagne's small fry when compared to people carrying the genes of the dukes of Normandy, or Eric the Red. In Ireland, something like 3/4 of the population can claim descent from 2 lords, 'Red' Hugh O'Donnell and Hugh O'Neill, who led the Seven Year's War against Liz. I can count in my ancestry O'Neill, Grace 'Grainnuale' O'Malley, Hugh Dubh O'Neill (the only general to beat Cromwell) and a family of Normans who were granted land in England by William for their part in the Battle of Hastings...

don't feel to bad! I am pretty sure I am descended from nobody :p shame we can't trace our family back past my great-grandparents...

William the Conqueror was descended from Charlemagne. :p

Weeeeeeellll... its something like his great-uncle's wife was descended from Charlemagne, isn't it?

awesome site :)

as an aspiring medievalist who's just been accepted for a MA in history, I really should have known that...

2713. You wonder how America got that powerful with such crappy leaders and a grumpy pipesmoker with super longbows and a psychopath as neighbours.

apparently, my great great great great great great (yeah, you guys understood that it was long ago) ancestors were emir of Saragossa so...
:king: bow down to me spaniards

I'm descended from the Royal families of France (Two different dynasties), Castille, Portugal and Normandy/England, as well as several Dukes and Counts. :p

(My lineage got disinherited due to an illegitimate son, I think).

2714) You think that with all the new species being discovered in rainforests, cities such as Manaus should be getting that event involving the new untested herbal remedy much more often.

Top Bottom